Tell me something interesting about you

Options

Replies

• Choobey
    Choobey Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    At age 37, I've had approximately 100 jobs since I turned 16. The majority of those were retail or similar crappy jobs when I was a teen and young 20-something, and many of them lasted only a few hours or days before I said "forget this!" and walked away. However there are a couple dozen "real jobs" I've done the same to...and despite all of this, I manage to have a very nice resume without serious gaps. My jobs last under a week or 2-6 years! haha

Whoa that is a lot of jobs!! LOL So what do you do now?
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I am a retired forensic psychiatric registered nurse. I worked with serial killers, severely mentally ill psychopaths who took insanity defense for their crimes. I did this for 25 yrs. I was never bored. Worked with a famous doctor who had his own show on Discovery ID. Dr. Michael Stone. The show was based on his belief that not all psychopaths were mentally ill and believed strongly in some being just plain evil. How's that for interesting????

Fascinating! I work at a state law enforcement agency, but it's rare that I run into any true psychopaths.

I work in banking and run into them all the time.

I believe this. And it explains a LOT.
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I travelled to South Africa to do conservation work and tracked herds of Elephants.
  • fitness_faeiry
    fitness_faeiry Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I'm a Jazercise Instructor - jazzercise? YES!
  • smantha32
    Options
    Literally. Hannibal Lechters are not just in the movies.

I would love to hear stories! That stuff interests me soo much! :love:

Feel free to send friend request and I can send some interesting stuff. Here is a funny aside tho. My whole family came to my home each yr. at Thanksgiving. About 30 of us. My kids and nieces and nephews would ask "so, Aunt Carol what famous people have you met this year?" My husband used to cringe because he worried about me all the time and would rather NOT hear about the macabre stuff.

Too funny! My husband thinks I am infatuated with death because I watch all these shows. I am really just interested in people and how they can be so nutty. For the cop like shows I am interested in the science behind it and how they catch their killers. :devil:

I watch all those shows too. The psychology of the people who commit crimes, and the science they use to get them is all fascinating.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    At age 37, I've had approximately 100 jobs since I turned 16. The majority of those were retail or similar crappy jobs when I was a teen and young 20-something, and many of them lasted only a few hours or days before I said "forget this!" and walked away. However there are a couple dozen "real jobs" I've done the same to...and despite all of this, I manage to have a very nice resume without serious gaps. My jobs last under a week or 2-6 years! haha

Whoa that is a lot of jobs!! LOL So what do you do now?

Accounting & HR functions for a manufacturing plant. I was an auditor (social service/nonprofit organizations) for a long time, but made a change to a position that is far less stressful and doesn't take up my personal time :-)
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options

Feel free to send friend request and I can send some interesting stuff. Here is a funny aside tho. My whole family came to my home each yr. at Thanksgiving. About 30 of us. My kids and nieces and nephews would ask "so, Aunt Carol what famous people have you met this year?" My husband used to cringe because he worried about me all the time and would rather NOT hear about the macabre stuff.

Too funny! My husband thinks I am infatuated with death because I watch all these shows. I am really just interested in people and how they can be so nutty. For the cop like shows I am interested in the science behind it and how they catch their killers. :devil:

I watch all those shows too. The psychology of the people who commit crimes, and the science they use to get them is all fascinating.

makes you wonder..how many of us are a chemical short of being one ourselves!!
  • Choobey
    Options

Nah, I am perfectly sane :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :tongue: :laugh:
  • smantha32
    Options

I've known a lot of people who I believe were right on that edge.
  • handyrunner
    Options

me too...just ask all the bodies buried in the back yard muwhahahaha
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    My daughter is adopted from Russia - though I think that is more her interesting fact.
  • nonacgp
    nonacgp Posts: 132
    Options
    I travelled to South Africa to do conservation work and tracked herds of Elephants.

Cool!! I would love to have that experience.
  • Choobey
    Options

me too...just ask all the bodies buried in the back yard muwhahahaha

:devil: :noway:
  • renee6515
    renee6515 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    This is the first long thread that Ive read all the way through! LOVED reading ALL of it!
    I have no interesting facts about me so I must go get a life now.....but no dead bodies and no bows to the face!
  • yellowsnowdrop
    yellowsnowdrop Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I used to embalm people (they were all dead !!)
  • Choobey
    Options
    This is the first long thread that Ive read all the way through! LOVED reading ALL of it!
    I have no interesting facts about me so I must go get a life now.....but no dead bodies and no bows to the face!

Totally Agree!
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I thought of a few random ones.

I've got a very, very strong intuition. I will pick up the phone seconds before my husband calls, I will start singing a song at bedtime, and it will be the one that's on the alarm radio when it goes off in the morning - random little stuff that happens too often to be a coincidence, but nothing major (or especially helpful).

I'm terrified of heights, and I had no idea I was until we went on a Hoover Dam tour - that wasn't fun. It's so bad now that I can't even watch someone on TV be up in a high place without getting super anxious.

I'm ambidextrous, but only in sports and video games. I can throw/bat with either my left or right hand equally well, and I usually use the left hand keyboard map for gaming.
  • handyrunner
    Options

I've got a very, very strong intuition. I will pick up the phone seconds before my husband calls, I will start singing a song at bedtime, and it will be the one that's on the alarm radio when it goes off in the morning - random little stuff that happens too often to be a coincidence, but nothing major (or especially helpful).

I'm terrified of heights, and I had no idea I was until we went on a Hoover Dam tour - that wasn't fun. It's so bad now that I can't even watch someone on TV be up in a high place without getting super anxious.

I'm ambidextrous, but only in sports and video games. I can throw/bat with either my left or right hand equally well, and I usually use the left hand keyboard map for gaming.

what about things like PS 3 controllers?
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options

what about things like PS 3 controllers?

I haven't used one of those, but XBox controllers I can use without remapping the keys.
  • aeribus
    aeribus Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm a computer forensic examiner for federal law enforcement which means I see a lot of really nasty things on peoples computers/phones. It's always amusing to do an exam on a cell phone and seeing the pictures and videos that peoples significant others sent to them thinking that no one else would see them.

I can speak to varying extents Portuguese and German and read some Korean and Japanese.

I've trained martial arts on and off for over 21 years. Due to my training, I've recently learned that my wrists are ungodly flexible. My current instructor and one of my training partners has to constantly reevaluate their technique because the wrist lock that they're applying to my wrists doesn't hurt when most people would've been on the floor in pain.