Tell me something interesting about you

Options

Replies

• Jamesterz
    Jamesterz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Two years ago I got ordained online and performed my best friend's wedding. Since then I have done 13 more. I don't charge anyone for my services, I just think it's kind of cool to be able to do that. I've only performed one in a church and I didn't even burst into flames, but it was touch and go for a few minutes. :-)

Oh, and I can touch my nose with my tongue.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Not only do they stink, they carry disease and ruin food, stored grain, etc. I'm a farmer. To me the only good rat is a dead rat. I firmy believe humans have an instinctual repulsion and aversion to rats, the very smell brings on the old hatred of the nasty things. Although they ARE good food for pet snakes , I'll give them that.

You're referring to wild rats, not domestic. Wild rats can carry disease and be destructive, domestic rats are not; they are kept in people's houses and are different to wild rats both physiologically and psychologically. Domestic rats are bred to be friendly and affectionate, and are very intelligent and curious. They are also very clean. They spend over a third of their life washing themselves and they can easily be toilet trained (and trained to do many tricks as well.) My rats live in clean cages, and do not smell. They are nothing like wild rats.

My rats are part of the family, I love them dearly, and for you to say something like 'the only good rat is a dead rat' is unbelievably inconsiderate and downright rude. Do you have pets you love? How would you feel if someone said something so cruel to you about them? Unbelievable.

I said "I'm a farmer, and to me the only good rat is a dead rat". Notice I said "to me". I've had enough feed spoiled by rats to hate the vermin with a passion. If you like them for pets, fine, I wasn't talking about YOUR rats but the species in general, filthy things that they are. When you say you have rats as pets, a hell of a lot of people are going to recoil in disgust, you must have encountered that reaction before. And you can say what you like about my pet ( a springer spaniel), the opinion of strangers on the net bothers me not at all.
  • stace41
    stace41 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just saw my 35th Dave Matthews show this week... yep!
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Hey there, Im Abby. I have a total of 260 lbs to lose, I'm down about 70 so far. I keep my movie ticket stubs LOL... I know it may be random, I just have since I was a pre-teen. I have over 400 ticket stubs in a ziploc bag. I think the oldest one is from 1997.
  • asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I disarm bombs and poke dead bodies (trying to figure out how they died) for living! :noway:

P.S. If you would have told me I would be doing this as a living 20 years ago I'd have called you crazy!!! :bigsmile:

Now that's almost as bad (interesting) as my line of work with criminally insane. You must be in law enforcement.

Ok I'm envious, you both have very interesting jobs. Would keep you engaged everyday, and hopefully make some kind of difference. Cheers to both of you.:drinker:
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,255 Member
    Options
    When I was in high school I rescued a Husky wolf hybrid from a puppy mill, I had to pay them over 150 dollars to get her from the place but I couldn’t leave her there so I did it. She was suffering from malnutrition, had every form of worm you can think of and the Vet said it would be best to put her down. I didn’t put her down I had her treated for everything and got her back to health. She paid me back by loving me and protecting me as if I was her cub. She would guard me when I slept, she would catch squirrels and bring them to me as if she was feeding me, she could sense when people had bad intentions for me and would always put herself in between them and I.
    When I left for boot camp she suffered from depression, she wouldn’t eat and didn’t care to go outside. She disappeared from my parents’ house after two weeks, she was found a week later over 50 miles away. My dad went and retrieved her. A week or so later she was gone again and was never seen again. We believe that she was looking for me.
    To this day every time I see a husky I can’t help but wonder if it’s her, even though I know she has long ago left this world.
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I said "I'm a farmer, and to me the only good rat is a dead rat". Notice I said "to me". I've had enough feed spoiled by rats to hate the vermin with a passion. If you like them for pets, fine, I wasn't talking about YOUR rats but the species in general, filthy things that they are. And you can say what you like about my pet ( a springer spaniel), the opinion of strangers on the net bothers me not at all.

'The species in general' also covers my rats. And I wouldn't say anything nasty about someone else's pet, because I appreciate how people feel about their animals, and hurting the feelings of strangers on the net bothers me (some people respect other people be they online or not, strange but true.)
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I used to really enjoy giving a spit and polish shine to men's dress shoes. I found it relaxing and stress relieving. I would sit and polish shoes for hours. At times I thought I would have made a great shoe-shine boy in a different life.

I've lost the fascination with doing it all the time, but I can still do it and do it quite well.
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    I used to really enjoy giving a spit and polish shine to men's dress shoes. I found it relaxing and stress relieving. I would sit and polish shoes for hours. At times I thought I would have made a great shoe-shine boy in a different life.

I've lost the fascination with doing it all the time, but I can still do it and do it quite well.

Where were you when i was in the service??? :)
  • DWBalboa
    Options
    When I was in high school I rescued a Husky wolf hybrid from a puppy mill, I had to pay them over 150 dollars to get her from the place but I couldn’t leave her there so I did it. She was suffering from malnutrition, had every form of worm you can think of and the Vet said it would be best to put her down. I didn’t put her down I had her treated for everything and got her back to health. She paid me back by loving me and protecting me as if I was her cub. She would guard me when I slept, she would catch squirrels and bring them to me as if she was feeding me, she could sense when people had bad intentions for me and would always put herself in between them and I.
    When I left for boot camp she suffered from depression, she wouldn’t eat and didn’t care to go outside. She disappeared from my parents’ house after two weeks, she was found a week later over 50 miles away. My dad went and retrieved her. A week or so later she was gone again and was never seen again. We believe that she was looking for me.
    To this day every time I see a husky I can’t help but wonder if it’s her, even though I know she has long ago left this world.

Ok, know that I’ve type all that and reread it, I guess it’s not all that interesting, just really sad. So how’s this, 8 years ago I broke multiple vertebrae in my back, my L-1 had a burst fracture and a bone fragment was approximately 1mm from going into my spinal cord. I wasn’t sure if I would ever be able to walk let alone run again. I also had a ruptured colon and spleen which they failed to catch that almost killed me; I had to have colostomy bag for about 7 months before they could reconnect my colon. During the surgery to reverse the colostomy I was given MRSA by the nice people at the hospital, they didn’t catch that and sent me home with it, which almost killed me as well.
    After about 18 months I was able to return to work full time, but I was told not to exert myself, no exercising and certainly no running. I got up to around 250, the heaviest I ever saw was in the high 240’s but I stopped using a scale for a long time. I had a few issues that arose from the injuries that set me back further but now I’m almost back to my weight before the accident and have no intention of slowing down. I recently ran over 5 miles all on the beach, take that doctor “Don’t ever run again!”
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    take that doctor “Don’t ever run again!”

Awesome!!
  • Julesbait
    Julesbait Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I worked in radio for 10 years, met lots of celebs, and drank a **** ton of free beer. Now I prefer vodka and staying away from people.
  • DWBalboa
    Options
    take that doctor “Don’t ever run again!”

Awesome!!

Yeah, I think so too.

Thanks.
  • Kweenwolf
    Kweenwolf Posts: 6
    Options
    I like to walk in cemeteries. Even when it's dark outside. That's kinda interesting, I guess, Feel free to add me...I feel the same way you do...the more friends I have here, the better my chances of being successful in losing my own 100 pounds. Good luck!
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    When I started reading this I didn't think I had anything interesting but I have now thought of a few.

I saw a ghost when I was 7, I was up late never could sleep (probably where my kids get it from) and I went to turn of the light, as I turned their was a ghost looking at my sister she was wearing a black dress and had her hair in a bun. She said she wouldn't hurt me and then vanished. A few days later my cousin saw her. A few years later the local vicar was called to that house after we had moved to perform an exorcism ( the little boy living their at the time gave the same description.

I made my career choice aged 7 after a stay in hospital (nurse now a midwife).

I gave birth to twins vaginally (cephalic and breech) with no pain relief. I was 38 weeks and 5 days and they weighed 7lb4 and 7lb.

At school I hated all sports I now run half marathons, lift weights and dance.
  • joeiconic
    joeiconic Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I read comic books with my daughter
  • Choobey
    Choobey Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I boarded a plane in Frankfurt, Germany which took off less than 10 minutes before the departure area was bombed.
    I also flew out of DFW the same day that that wind sheer accident happened in 1985 that caused the plane to slam down on a hwy and smash a car. My mom flew into Kiev in April 1986...about an hour after Chernoybl exploded. The whole tour was there for a week and had no idea it had happened until they returned to Germany. I have yet to see her glow in the dark.

Remind me not to travel with you! LOL
  • Choobey
    Choobey Posts: 78 Member
    Options

OMG I almost started crying reading this!!!! SO SAD :sad: I love animals
  • DanceswithWow
    Options
    Hello My name is Dances with Wow..

There are three perhaps interesting things
    I collect exotic butterflies from all over the world...I've traveled to some of the most remote places to do so. My interest began when I got.lost in the rain forest.. of the Yucatan Peninsula..after hurricane Hugo for nearly two days..I found my way back following Howler monkeys and climbing trees in search of my base camp..No its not some great story of survival but now I involve butterflies in many of the activities I do.. I even have manhours flying acrobatic gliders.

The other interesting thing I believe might be interesting is I am a semi retired Fitness Trainer and I have been the personal trainer of some extremely interesting people.. not celebrities but seemingly regular folk whose lives you cant belief that that job exists

For instance.. I ve been the exclusive trainer for two Insurance Mercenaries -These are the guys who rescue kidnapped executives, family members, or dignitaries being held hostage by rebels in foreign countries. Yes these people do exist and my life has been changed dramatically for the better because I was able to actually participate in a rescue operation during my work with them..

I was also the trainer for the husband and his family who then caught 33% of all the tuna fish for Starkist Tuna..When ever he go would go out to sea..I was the family fitness caretaker..so to speak..The mother was a Ivy league educated woman who built custom homes as her hobby while he was away in Guam for 5 to 6 months out of the year..They have 3 kids together..

Lastly I collect books of antiquity - Mythological texts written when life was of oral tradition and at the dawn o the printing press These books are very rare but chronicle, with great accuracy, the trials and tribulations our human existence.. dating back from c1500 or earlier..I own 6..Including Homers' The Iliad and The Odyssey,

Believe it or not the truth of our daily lives including the weight loss stories on this forum remain forever affixed to what has been written about with accuracy from events activities and experiences which have occurred in the past..

My name is Dances with Wow..

I help people just like you discover the remarkable power of their Life Force through fitness.
  • Ahmanderrr
    Options
    I took off to go live with a random host family in Kingston, Jamaica (yep) for the whole month of May! Best month of my life.