What is your go-to snack?

Options
Say you're on the run, and you don't have time for a proper meal? Or, pretend it's late and you're being stalked by habitual, mindless cravings! What is your favorite snack to munch on that you always have on hand? :)

Replies

• ConnorS879
    ConnorS879 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Over time and booking all of my foods in advance on mfp, I find myself MUCH less likely to snack, but if I do, I'll go to something called a 9BAR, sold in asda or walmart, 200 calories roughly, 10g of protein, 10g of carbs, and 10g of fats (Roughly) :), takes great too, satisfies my sweet tooth, but book all of your food in advance and once you're done eating them, you're done. You might just be feeling the need to chew out of boredom or habbit, so I use chewing gum to prevent me snacking, and it works a treat :)
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    I usually have an emergency protein bar in my bag.
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I generally plan all my food for the week, or at least the day before I'll know what I'm doing and what I'll be eating so it doesn't happen that often. Plus, hunger is not an emergency, so I try to work out if I NEED to eat, or if it is something that will pass. Sometimes just drinking water fixes the issue.

BUT - for on the go snacks, I usually have a tin of tuna in my bag, or protein bar or some type of protein.

Late at night, if I get that way I know it's not real hunger because I would have eaten, so I have a cup of peppermint tea, or go to bed.
  • 87Djones
    87Djones Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Apple and peanut butter or celery
  • Morikahjo
    Morikahjo Posts: 9
    Options
    Which protein bar is your favorite?
  • Morikahjo
    Options
    That sounds awesome!
  • Morikahjo
    Options
    Peppermint tea and chewing gum! Sounds good, I'll remember that :)
  • dxpxh
    dxpxh Posts: 8
    Options
    Late night snack - pretzels and nuts

On-the-go snack - banana/muesli bar

Gotta love quest bars as well
  • mrslstage
    mrslstage Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I usually prelog and don't have room for snacks, but pretzels.
  • shmerek
    shmerek Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    PEANUT BUTTER!!!!!!!!
  • Komodo26
    Komodo26 Posts: 55
    Options
    Apples and cucumber mixed
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    On the run meal--Noosa yogurt, Kashi dark chocolate almond bar, and grape tomatoes

End of the day top off the calories snack--dark chocolate covered almonds
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Talenti...with a side of Talenti ;)
  • jodescorinna
    jodescorinna Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    paprika or cheese rice cakes or rice cakes with a dollop of peanut butter...nom nom
  • walk757
    walk757 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    banana or yogurt cup
  • Cerakoala
    Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
    Options
    depends what I am craving :)

Healthy- Yogurt or a cheese stick
    Protein- Jack links teriyaki beef stick or PB and celery
    Sweets- No sugar added blue bunny ice cream :)
  • EmperorNero
    EmperorNero Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My favorites:

A little honey on yogurt
    Hummus and crackers
    Slice of wheat toast with peanut butter
    Banana
    Quaker Rice Snacks!! Love those things. Sea salt and cracked black pepper is the best.

Sometimes if I'm feeling hungry but I don't want to use up any of my calories, I'll brew a cup of tea. That always wards off cravings for another hour or so. :)
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Protein bar if I have to replace a meal
    If I am stressed out and need to chew, 1 chopped tomato, 1 chopped cucumber tossed in 1/4 c Greek yogurt with salt , pepper and dill. It's about 100 calories
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    If I was at a gas station on the road: beef jerky (there's a thick version called beef steak. For one ounce, it's 60 calories and 12g of protein), nuts, milk, trail mix, coffee. :)

If I am pre-planning snacks ahead of time before I get on the road: dried apricots, pistachios, protein bar, banana, hard boiled eggs.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Ice cream. Sorbet. Cookies/cookie dough. Cereal+milk. Rice krispies treats. Apples. Greek yogurt (vanilla or strawberry)