Replies

• Lofteren
    Lofteren Posts: 960 Member
    Options
  • st0rmagedd0n
    st0rmagedd0n Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I just remembered something.

The myth that cauliflower replaces everything. No. It doesn't. Cauliflower smells like farts and feels like eating sand. Plus it tastes yuck.

No no no no no no no.

NO..gif

False.

Falsefalsefalsefalsefalse.

Cauliflower is awesome, and if it tastes like sand farts, you are very definitely doing it wrong.

Definitely doing it wrong! *LIKES*

Right?!

It can become pizza crust! How can anything that becomes pizza be wrong?!

Has anyone tried making pizza crust out of meat? Because that really would improve the macros of pizza.

Bacon pizza crust pls.

Meatzza. The distant dream.

I extend an olive branch. I'm sorry I insulted your cauliflower. Agree to disagree?

:flowerforyou:

Yes, let us weave bacon crowns and share a Meatzza to seal our burying the cruciferous vegetable hatchet.
  • SymphonynSonata
    SymphonynSonata Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Most of mine have already been stated.. .

I really hate when people post a topic that has been answered 10000 times. Search box is there, please use it. I've only posted one time about heel pain, didn't get any responses, used the search box and bam, info!

Sorry - I just hate reading the same thing over and over again.

To be fair, the search feature here is pretty lacking.
    And MFP actually does support new posters asking questions that have been asked before.

Yes it does and I'm probably an *kitten* for complaining about it. I just hate the why is the scale not moving and reading the same thing over and over.

You aren't alone but it is just one of those things that come with the site since they somewhat encourage it.

There is just so much to talk about when it comes to weight loss. There's an endless selection of topics and discussions that could go on forever and ever without once getting even a little redundant! Seriously though, if the same things weren't touched on every 3 days, we'd have about 20-30 topics on the forum, all dead and locked, save recipes and chit-chat. Some of the best, most hilarious topics come from people who don't use the search feature. All of those topics that roll 4-5 times? They're usually some psychotic who refuses to admit s/he's eating about 3x the amount of calories they should be.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

I really hate when people post a topic that has been answered 10000 times. Search box is there, please use it. I've only posted one time about heel pain, didn't get any responses, used the search box and bam, info!

And MFP actually does support new posters asking questions that have been asked before.

Meh, I see a lot of threads that show up in the popular/recent box on my home page every day.

^^^ this.

The search feature is terrible, but two posts about breakfast a day for three days running took it over the top.
  • likitisplit
    Options

The myth that cauliflower replaces everything. No. It doesn't. Cauliflower smells like farts and feels like eating sand. Plus it tastes yuck.

No no no no no no no.

NO..gif

False.

Cauliflower is awesome, and if it tastes like sand farts, you are very definitely doing it wrong.

Right?!

Has anyone tried making pizza crust out of meat? Because that really would improve the macros of pizza.

Bacon pizza crust pls.

I extend an olive branch. I'm sorry I insulted your cauliflower. Agree to disagree?

Yes, let us weave bacon crowns and share a Meatzza to seal our burying the cruciferous vegetable hatchet.

Can I join this peace gathering?
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options

No no no no no no no.

NO..gif

False.

Right?!

It can be wrong when it's a really horrifying excuse for pizza crust. I've had it at weird health-conscious restaurants and it's bad there, too.

Of course, I'm biased because I just hate cauliflower. But it ... eugh. Gag.

http://www.theluckypennyblog.com/2013/02/the-best-cauliflower-crust-pizza.html

Okay, I don't know about the weird, nasty, sad, heatlamped hippie crusts of your pasts, but this is the one I hold near and dear to my happy, macro pumping heart. It is crispy, cheesey deliciousness, and not at all the stuff of horror legend.

Bookmarked and MIGHT work up the courage to try.

But at the end of the day, it's still cauliflower.
  • aarnwine2013
    aarnwine2013 Posts: 317 Member
    Options

Yes it does and I'm probably an *kitten* for complaining about it. I just hate the why is the scale not moving and reading the same thing over and over.

You aren't alone but it is just one of those things that come with the site since they somewhat encourage it.

There is just so much to talk about when it comes to weight loss. There's an endless selection of topics and discussions that could go on forever and ever without once getting even a little redundant! Seriously though, if the same things weren't touched on every 3 days, we'd have about 20-30 topics on the forum, all dead and locked, save recipes and chit-chat. Some of the best, most hilarious topics come from people who don't use the search feature. All of those topics that roll 4-5 times? They're usually some psychotic who refuses to admit s/he's eating about 3x the amount of calories they should be.

Very true. Maybe I'm grouchy today. Usually I just skip them. The other issue is trying to sort through all the nonsense versus what actually works. As a newbie I read through these like crazy trying to figure out what works and I admit, some of it seemed like it would work. When I actually tried it or researched I found out that most of it was crap.

At least there are some posters who've been on here for years that share wisdom!
  • srslybritt
    Options

No no no no no no no.

NO..gif

False.

Right?!

Bacon pizza crust pls.

That would be amazing. Although... I won't be wearing my bacon crown 'cause I can't eat it and have it at the top of my head at the same time.
  • srslybritt
    Options

No no no no no no no.

NO..gif

False.

Right?!

Bacon pizza crust pls.

Can I join this peace gathering?

Absolutely. Bacon for everybody!
  • st0rmagedd0n
    st0rmagedd0n Posts: 417 Member
    Options

No no no no no no no.

NO..gif

False.

Right?!

It can be wrong when it's a really horrifying excuse for pizza crust. I've had it at weird health-conscious restaurants and it's bad there, too.

Of course, I'm biased because I just hate cauliflower. But it ... eugh. Gag.

http://www.theluckypennyblog.com/2013/02/the-best-cauliflower-crust-pizza.html

Okay, I don't know about the weird, nasty, sad, heatlamped hippie crusts of your pasts, but this is the one I hold near and dear to my happy, macro pumping heart. It is crispy, cheesey deliciousness, and not at all the stuff of horror legend.

Bookmarked and MIGHT work up the courage to try.

But at the end of the day, it's still cauliflower.

And even the best cauli-pizza will never match up to a tiara of delicious, porky goodness.
  • sweet2def
    sweet2def Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    A million repetitions of cute little Tinkerbelle weights will do anything for women toning. GO HARD OR GO HOME!
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    One's I wish would die:

1) Eating clean (What is "clean"? No dirt on your food?)
    2) Paleo diet (Really? Eating all your meat raw, and munching on grass? That's what's Paleo-era man ate)
    3) Gluten-free/"I have an allergy to gluten" (You're likely not in the >1% of the population with gluten sensitivity)
    4) Artificial sweetener will make you fat
  • cowgirlashlee
    cowgirlashlee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    That artificial sweetener is perfectly fine, or good for you as some think.
    This!!! Anything with the name "artificial" should really throw up red flags! I'll stick to my real sugar, thanks. I eat it, count it, and move on.
  • flossyruby1
    flossyruby1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Ok, so these aren't necessarily diet/exercise myths, but simply health-related phrases/words that I'm so stinkin' tired of hearing...

1. farm to table
    2. superfood
    3. anything with kale/chia/flax/raw/maca/gluten-free (my apologies to those with gluten allergies/celiac disease...you are excluded from my rant about gluten-free)

My #1 pet peeve, hands down, is the phrase "muscle memory", which is erroneously confused with motor learning.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    The one that I wish would die is the one that says that you must give up the foods you love and devote countless hours to "exercise" to get some sort of idealistic body that includes "six pack abs" in order to be healthy.

- You don't need to give anything up
    - You don't need to eat anything crazy
    - You don't need to spend hours in the gym
    - and a healthy physique doesn't necessarily include a 6-pack (not knocking it as a goal, either)

You DO
    - need to be uncomfortable sometimes
    - eat a balanced diet (whatever that looks like to you)
    - commit 30 minutes 5X a week to vigorous activity
    - include progressive strength training to your routine.
  • josieami
    josieami Posts: 6
    Options
    if I lift anything heavier than these tiny pink dumbbells, I'm going to suddenly sprout muscles and look like Arnold Schwarzeneger.

actually, this isn't a fitness myth I wish would die... I wish it was true.... I wish it really was that easy to get big muscles!!

I know. SIGN ME UP!
    I actually want this one to live, not die.... would love to see some gains similar to my 6'4" male partner.... trust me, it aint that easy even with 50lb+ "weights" included in your daily work!(yeah, work, not work out)
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Oh man, I thought this was an Avett Brothers thread:grumble:

It isn't? No need to read any further!:wink:
  • CWWeaver
    CWWeaver Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yes, the standard BMI chart makes me crazy.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me miss JassiBear
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    1) that dr oz is legit
    2) that there are such things as evil foods