Focus T25 - Summer Slim Down!

Options

Replies

• MissNicxx
    MissNicxx Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just started today. I enjoyed it and as someone who is just getting back in to exercise I liked that it is short. Its much easier to talk yourself in to doing 25 minutes of exercise then an exercise dvd that goes for 40+ minutes.
  • sarahsc31
    sarahsc31 Posts: 24
    Options
    I just finished the Week 5, Day 1 workout, and I have to say that Total Body Circuit is getting a bit easier. Now, I know the moves, and I can push myself to finish each one (still struggle on the oblique push-ups and 180-degree jump, though!). I measure myself/weigh on Mondays instead of Saturdays, and I lost another 2 pounds and 8 inches, bringing my total to 5 pounds and 35.4 inches lost over 11 measuring sites on my body. I have lost 7 inches on my waist and another 7 inches on my hips alone!!! This is crazy good! I love this workout, and it is the absolute best. I still am nowhere near my goal weight, but I fit into clothes that I could only wear when I was 145 pounds, not the 159 I am at right now. It is really all about the inches and level of fitness. To those of you just starting out, make sure you pay attention to the measurements, not the pounds. Cut back on your sodium and drink a lot of water.

You even lose inches on spots that initially didn't seem that important...like forearms and calves...but I have lost 1.5 inches off my forearms (didn't think they were a problem area!) and .6 inches off my calves. It is true that the toughest place to lose is off the inner thighs, but I have slowly but surely lost 3 inches there as well.

Stay motivated, don't give up and you will see the benefits!
  • GillianMcK
    GillianMcK Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    What are people's thoughts on doing this with other workouts??
    Currently training for a half marathon, so the rest day and stretch only days are the days I do my long runs, do you think this would impact, would 1600 calories a day be enough??
  • infinikitty
    infinikitty Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    What are people's thoughts on doing this with other workouts??
    Currently training for a half marathon, so the rest day and stretch only days are the days I do my long runs, do you think this would impact, would 1600 calories a day be enough??

I'm also training for a half marathon! I run every day at least 2 miles. I do my long run on the weekend, too, so I get a little bit of a rest. I tend to eat back at least a little of what I run beyond the 1600 calories and I've been steadily losing weight. I just listen to my body though. Sometimes I'm not hungry, sometimes I'm famished. If you find you aren't losing any weight in your routine, up the calories and see if that makes a difference. A lot of times we need to eat to lose!
  • BeautyFromWithin
    BeautyFromWithin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I've started running again after a month haitus while doing t25 and I am POOPED after running 2 miles currently. I take a few minute break, but then go right into t25 due to wanting to get it all done before the work day or such.. It's tough, but I hope it will get easier as I keep doing it and then hopefully I can start running longer without getting exercise induced headaches.

Started Week 3 of Beta round today. Bought a bikini swimsuit over the weekend and I have two more weeks until vacation to tone even more and wear it confidently. It's a great motivational piece for me to keep working hard!
  • Happygirl4242
    Options
    im starting t-25 tonight
  • sfisher07
    sfisher07 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    im starting t-25 tonight

Good luck!
  • sfisher07
    Options
    I started Beta today and didn't die, so that's good :) We'll see how Speed 2.0 goes tomorrow!
  • infinikitty
    Options
    I started Beta today and didn't die, so that's good :) We'll see how Speed 2.0 goes tomorrow!

I LOVE SPEED 2.0! It's still my favorite after having done all of Alpha and Beta, and the first week of Gamma. Just a tip though...it won't be anything like Speed 1.0. You'll miss the stretching haha
  • queenierz
    queenierz Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    About to try soon! I hope it is not as deadly as Insanity!
  • sfisher07
    Options

I LOVE SPEED 2.0! It's still my favorite after having done all of Alpha and Beta, and the first week of Gamma. Just a tip though...it won't be anything like Speed 1.0. You'll miss the stretching haha

Ummm yeah....SO not like 1.0! LOL It was great, though!!
  • sfisher07
    Options
    About to try soon! I hope it is not as deadly as Insanity!

Good luck! I haven't done Insanity, but from what I can tell it's not as bad. It's a great program, though!
  • j9ny
    j9ny Posts: 9
    Options
    We're on the same schedule! I started last night as well and was surprised that I didn't die. G/L tonight with Speed 2.0!
  • j9ny
    j9ny Posts: 9
    Options

Oops... meant to quote you when posting this: We're on the same schedule! I started last night as well and was surprised that I didn't die. G/L tonight with Speed 2.0!
  • sfisher07
    Options

Oops... meant to quote you when posting this: We're on the same schedule! I started last night as well and was surprised that I didn't die. G/L tonight with Speed 2.0!

I work out in the morning before work so I did it already. It was SO much different than Speed 1.0! It's great though!!
  • sfisher07
    Options
    I posted an update the other day, but thought I would update with pictures (eek).

I still have some work to do as things need to be toned up, and I really want to work on my love handles and lower abs. But, I'm really happy with the changes I've made the last few months.

I started cleaning up my eating habits in April and started T25 in May.

I finished T25 Alpha this past weekend. During the Alpha phase I lost 6 lbs., 1" off my waist, 1.25" off my gut (my post baby problem area), 1" off each thigh and 1" off my hips. Down almost 13 lbs. total since April 18th (and even more inches). Can't wait to see the results after I finish Beta!

Please excuse my poor picture quality, and apparently dirty mirror.

aa9e6757-32f2-4341-8ab1-388a560f72df.jpg

06a246ee-f546-42bb-aa56-a7b40a6cc055.jpg
  • kluvit
    kluvit Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Week 2/ Days 1, 2, & 3 completed!! This is the first time I've completed even a few days in sequence, and now I'm at 1.5 weeks! The only thing I did to mix it up was that I ran on Saturday and took Sunday as a rest day, so I didn't do the T25 Stretch.

Has anyone done that one? I don't really even know what I'm missing.
  • infinikitty
    Options
    I posted an update the other day, but thought I would update with pictures (eek).

I still have some work to do as things need to be toned up, and I really want to work on my love handles and lower abs. But, I'm really happy with the changes I've made the last few months.

I started cleaning up my eating habits in April and started T25 in May.

I finished T25 Alpha this past weekend. During the Alpha phase I lost 6 lbs., 1" off my waist, 1.25" off my gut (my post baby problem area), 1" off each thigh and 1" off my hips. Down almost 13 lbs. total since April 18th (and even more inches). Can't wait to see the results after I finish Beta!

Please excuse my poor picture quality, and apparently dirty mirror.

aa9e6757-32f2-4341-8ab1-388a560f72df.jpg

06a246ee-f546-42bb-aa56-a7b40a6cc055.jpg

Awesome job!!
  • infinikitty
    Options
    Week 2/ Days 1, 2, & 3 completed!! This is the first time I've completed even a few days in sequence, and now I'm at 1.5 weeks! The only thing I did to mix it up was that I ran on Saturday and took Sunday as a rest day, so I didn't do the T25 Stretch.

Has anyone done that one? I don't really even know what I'm missing.

I did the stretch one in the first few weeks because I felt my body really needed it. Once I got further in, I valued the rest more haha. But just listen to your body! It did help my muscles recover better, I think.
  • amybluehat
    amybluehat Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Sarah those are amazing results.....

Hoping for some inner thigh loss as well......really just an inch would make me soooo happy!