planet fitness vs golds gym

Options
124»

Replies

• Happygirl4242
    Options
    because like my booty is so big right now but it just shakes lol everywhere but the future hubby says he wants this butt so firm he can bounce a quarter off of it lol I wanna see that happen hahahahaha
  • Happygirl4242
    Options
    im def gonnna be asking for a personal trainer so I can do it right I don't want to get hurt at all I just wanna look sexy!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    I just want to lose weight and what is a squat rack?
    Drop Gold's.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

You don't think golds is the best choice?
    I was being sarcastic. If you don't know what a squat rack is, then you're paying money for something you may not use.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Happygirl4242
    Options
    Ok, then! :smokin:

I squat about 115. Nothing special. Start with just the empty bar until you are comfortable and your form is rock solid. It's really easy to get hurt if people are being dummies and not bothering to learn the proper way to do it before adding craptons of weight to the bar.

you squat 115 pounds?!!!????????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    how long did it take you to get up there
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I am a member at two gyms... one is 24hr and the other has higher quality equipment and more for my 12 year old daughter to do... Since the 24 hr gym is only $10 per month, I'm keeping both... I go to one when I can and the other when I have to. If you like both and one is only $10 per month, unless you are financially distressed keep both. Really only YOU can answer this question.. Which one works best for YOU...

Best wishes on the best decision for YOU....
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I switched from PF to Golds, and never looking back! In my opinion and experiences, they offer a much more professional and serious atmosphere. The trainers and instructors are very helpful and knowledgeable. When I first joined PF, my goal was just to lose weight and I achieved that. So when my goals changed as I learned more about fitness and exercise and I wanted a more serious atmosphere with the addition of group classes I decided to go with Golds. So basically, I think it all depends on what your personal goals are. In terms of price, I used to pay $20/month at PF for black card membership (unlimited guest access and tanning) but I pay about $27/month at Golds and its worth the extra few bucks to have what I really want out of a gym.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Ok, then! :smokin:

I squat about 115. Nothing special. Start with just the empty bar until you are comfortable and your form is rock solid. It's really easy to get hurt if people are being dummies and not bothering to learn the proper way to do it before adding craptons of weight to the bar.

you squat 115 pounds?!!!????????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    how long did it take you to get up there

It's different for ever person.

Most people can squat over 100 within the first month.

Typically within 6-8 months you'll be squatting 135 and within a year you should be able to do body weight or higher.

But you shouldn't base your goals on ANYONE else- you develop as fast as YOU develop and no faster. Period. Any faster than that gets you hurt.
  • Happygirl4242
    Options
    I switched from PF to Golds, and never looking back! In my opinion and experiences, they offer a much more professional and serious atmosphere. The trainers and instructors are very helpful and knowledgeable. When I first joined PF, my goal was just to lose weight and I achieved that. So when my goals changed as I learned more about fitness and exercise and I wanted a more serious atmosphere with the addition of group classes I decided to go with Golds. So basically, I think it all depends on what your personal goals are. In terms of price, I used to pay $20/month at PF for black card membership (unlimited guest access and tanning) but I pay about $27/month at Golds and its worth the extra few bucks to have what I really want out of a gym.

I love golds!!
  • ConnorS879
    ConnorS879 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Topics like this make me realize how lucky I am.

My local Gold's Gym was bought out by one of those cheapo $10/month gyms. So I get a Gold's-quality gym for $10 bucks a month.

I love my golds!!!!!!!!!!!

I think this answers your question :)
  • 1911JR
    1911JR Posts: 276
    Options
    I just want to lose weight and what is a squat rack?

:noway: :devil: