5'4-5'5 women goal weight

Options
scorrea2
scorrea2 Posts: 72 Member
I am currently the smallest I have ever been at 175 and am having a hard time coming up with a final goal weight. I have always been an athlete and have a decent amount of muscle especialy in my legs. What are some of your goal weights and where should I aim for?

Replies

• triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" My original goal was 125. I started at 218 and thought that would be impossible (if you are gonna dream, dream big). I hit that one and then wanted a bit of vacation cushion so I went down to 123. I tried to adjust to my maintenance calories and ended up down at 115. I like how that looks on me better than 125 so my new range is 115-120. I try to get down to the low part of the range in the summer so that I can fluff up a bit in the winter season (or cookie season for me).
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and my current goal weight is 120. (Maybe lower?)
    My highest weight was around 155 and my current weight is 145.

You should pick a conservative goal weight, then re-evaluate when you get there.
    It doesn't hurt to reach your goal, lower it, reach it again, and lower again, etc
    However if you pick one that is too low, and really struggle getting there, and feel uncomfortable there, that's no good.
    Based on muscle amount, frame size, etc, some weights are not possible on certain people.

For me, I have really muscular legs that I don't like. I'm athletic at all, so it just feels bulky and weird on me.
    I'd rather be a bit more delicate looking, but that's just my personal preference.

If you want to keep the muscle you have, or even gain more, then your goal weight will be higher.
  • lemonsNlimes
    lemonsNlimes Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm just a hair taller than 5'5" and my goal weight is somewhere between 130 and 150, but it really depends on how much muscle you want to have and your genetics. In my family, no one has boobs smaller than a D (even the ones at a healthy weight) and I plan on adding in more weight training to build muscle. Because of that, the lower end of the "healthy" BMI range doesn't seem reasonable with my body type. I've been told that having a range you want to get to, rather than a specific number, will help you find the weight your body looks and feels the healthiest at without stressing out over getting to a specific number.
  • tonileigh820
    tonileigh820 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and my final goal weight range is 113-117. I'm currently at 127 again (after a couple not so great months lol) but the lowest I got was 119 and I definitely could tell I need to lose a couple more beyond that.

Everyone's body is different though. You might find you look and feel better at a little higher number than that. After all, it is just a number and it's more about how you feel!
  • marinadanielle
    marinadanielle Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm right at 5'4" and my goal weight right now is 128. I might go a little below that temporarily but ultimately I want to start lifting and build some muscle and stay right around the 128-130 mark.
  • tyf44
    tyf44 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4'' and I'm at my heaviest of 190 pounds right now. 2 years ago I got down to 127 pounds and was very comfortable in my body but I had trouble maintaining that low of a weight. Once I was up to 135 I stayed at that weight for almost a year. It was a perfect weight for me because I could maintain it while still indulging in some of my favorite foods every once in a while. Everybody is different but this is just my experience. So my first goal is 135 and then I will decide from there if I want to lose more.
  • Megan101792
    Megan101792 Posts: 3,194 Member
    Options
    my goal weight is 125 but I would be happy at 150
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    5'5 and i'm not sure what my goal weight is since i'm more so working towards a goal size. my goal size is size 6 pants. i really couldnt care less what i weigh once I get to my goal size .
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Aedreana here! I am actually a half-inch shy; 5' 3 1/2."
    I am 121 pounds, with a diet on the horizon.
    I estimate my goal to lie somewhere in the 112 - 116 range.
    I will fine-tune my goal to an exact number when I see it (to believe it)
  • dlbredesen
    dlbredesen Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4' My starting weight was 230 lbs. I now weigh 140 lbs and wear a size 4, 6 or 8 depending on the style/brand. I am happy with maintaining my current weight.
  • amy8400
    amy8400 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I'm 5-5 and 53 years old. My original goal weight was 140 but I've since bumped it to 145. I started at 188 and right now at 158 I feel reasonably good so once I lose another 13 pounds I'll look at it again. I'm reasonably well proportioned so I'll decide then if I need to go to 140. I want to be able to live and eat decently once I'm at maintenance.
  • DebTavares
    DebTavares Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is 130 but I'm not sure if I can get there since I have pcos and am on paxil. A few years agk I went on a crash diet and my body stopped losing at around 138 even though I was barely eating. I'm exercising less this time around but smarter. I'm also eating a reasonable amount. We'll see what my body wants to do. I'm currently 5'4 161 lbs down from 173.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    i'm 5' 3 1/2" and my goal weight for now is 145. i'm hoping not only to lose fat but build a lot more muscle.
  • PennyVonDread
    PennyVonDread Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    5'4.5"

I'm honestly happy with my body where it is now at about 140. Although, in order to apply for my target dance troupe, I will aim for about 115 to meet their aesthetic standards. That would put me at a BMI of about 19, which doesn't seem too low or too high to maintain. I'm not in any hurry, though.
  • MollyNK88
    MollyNK88 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and at 174 lbs right now. The lowest I've ever been was 155 and I enjoyed being at that weight. My current goal weight is 135. I want to be more fit but still keep some of my padding and curves if that makes sense?
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4", and I started at around 350. My first goal weight is 175. I know that is still over medical standards, but I'm going to check in and see how I feel then. If I succeed there, I'll probably aim for about 140-145. I can't even truly fathom 175, so I've no idea how to imagine even less!! Good luck to all y'all!
  • ttknowles01
    ttknowles01 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and not really sure what my goal weight is. I started at 210, and now hover around 186/187. I would be happy getting out of the 180s at this point lol.
  • wainscottcm
    wainscottcm Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and currently weigh 155 but my first target weight is 125. Ultimately I would like to get down to 115-120. My husband and I took family pictures with our kids for Mother's Day and were horrified with the way we let ourselves go. By Mother's Day next year we want to retake those pictures and see how far we've come.
  • saddare
    saddare Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4.5" (yes, the .5 matters! :laugh: ) and my goal weight is 145. I'm currently 198. When I graduated Army basic training *cough*fourteen*mumble* years ago, I was 157--I remember seeing myself in a mirror and being shocked that I had an hourglass figure, but still wasn't completely satisfied with where I was (around a size eight).
  • Lib_B
    Lib_B Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    5'5 and i'm not sure what my goal weight is since i'm more so working towards a goal size. my goal size is size 6 pants. i really couldnt care less what i weigh once I get to my goal size .

This ^^^. I don't care so much about a number. I'm aiming to be a size 6. I have a sister who is 140 lbs and a size 6 and another who is 125 lbs and a size 6. I'm built more like the first (we both were pretty blessed in the boob department.) I'm assuming I'll land somewhere in the 125-140 range.