5'4-5'5 women goal weight

Options

Replies

• BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and currently 189. My highest was 325. My lowest adult weight was 178 (about a year ago), Right now I am working on getting back to that but ultimately my goal weight is in the 150-160 range.
    I'm have a muscular build and large breasts so even at my current weight I look pretty good but I need to drop some more weight. I want to be healthy and fit not skinny.
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'4 and 1/2 lol. My starting weight was 268, my current weight is around 146, and I am perfectly happy at this weight.
  • Janette3x4
    Janette3x4 Posts: 135
    Options
    Cw 148
    But I am 53 yr.s old, so gone are the days of desiring to be 120 again! I would rather be a healthy 140 and eat cookies! ????
  • asciident
    asciident Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4". My long-term goal is 140, which is near the top of the normal BMI range for my height. I'll re-evaluate when I'm closer to my goal, because I might want to go lower or I might just want to switch focus to body recomposition (lowering BF%).
  • mehrunisan
    mehrunisan Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm 5.5 1/2", started off at 154, now im at 114. :)
  • sappy42
    sappy42 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and 37. My original goal weight was 120 (heaviest was 143, I was always thin till the last five years). I'm currently 120.5 but have re-evaluated my goals. I've been lifting (dumbbells, mind you, because that's all that available to me right now) for a couple months and really wanna see some definition.
  • Lorichr
    Lorichr Posts: 54
    Options
    I am 5' 4" and started at 158. My original goal was 135 but I then settled on 125 and have been maintaining for a couple years now. I wear a size 6 jeans and size small in most tops and my scrubs for work.
  • cweaver1981
    cweaver1981 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 5'' and currently weigh 175lbs down from 191(my highest weight ever not being pregnant). I haven't figured out a goal weight, but my doctor discussed with me check in points. I am aiming to get down to 160lbs and then re-evaluate to set a final goal. I imagine that I will end up around 140-150. About 8 years ago I was down to 154lbs and I was able to maintain that fairly easily until I got pregnant again.
  • aegrant71
    aegrant71 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is from a guy's point of view so don't think of me as being sexist or objectifying women ... IMHO anywhere from 125 - 155 looks good on a woman of that height, of course you have to take into account the build of that woman - is she muscular, does she have a small frame or long legs - there are a lot of variables to consider.
  • LosingItInDenver
    Options
    My goal is 155-160, and more muscular than I've been before. 155 is the lowest weight I've been at as an adult, and I feel like I look good at that weight.
  • zenhiker2014
    zenhiker2014 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and my goal range is 125-130. That's the weight I was in high school, when I was playing basketball and softball. Now I'm 55 but still like to be be active - hiking, bicycling, and starting to do a little weight lifting and running. So my goal weight is as much about what I can do as how I look. I'm also quite busty, always have been, so I have to allow a couple pounds for that!

I've been 120 a couple times in my life and it's too low for me. I wear a size 6, give or take depending on brand, at my current 128 lbs.
  • WW_Jude_V2
    WW_Jude_V2 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Last time I measured I was around 5'4 & 3/4"-ish. Weight-wise, I have to pay close attention to what I'm doing as I suffered from anorexia in my 20s. I don't want to weigh 92lbs again - ever. It was a painful journey to recovery.

My goal weight in a perfect world would be about 125-130 but I'm happy to settle at 135 as that seems to be the point that I still have boobs and my hip bones aren't sticking out. :happy:
  • WonkaCat
    WonkaCat Posts: 42
    Options
    I'm 5'4" starting at 155. I'm hoping to get to 130 but am not super stressed about the number. I want to get muscle tone more than anything so am working on that. I started tracking my measurements, as I think it is a better way to judge my recomping body.
  • feltlikesound
    feltlikesound Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and aiming for the 130s, though I was pretty happy in the low 150s in the past. I have an hour glass figure and can't imagine the 120s or lower looking good on my frame, though it's a perfect fit for some folks :).
  • 2_FitNFab
    2_FitNFab Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 I hit my goal of 145 a few weeks ago. I'm now 143. I'm happy here. I'm currently focusing on maintaining and strength training. As in the past, I expect with added muscle the scale will move up. I'm okay with that. Good luck to you all!
  • pipertargaryen
    pipertargaryen Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4", my initial goal is 140. Beyond that, maybe 130. I literally don't have the structure to be really small, so I don't know if I'll even make 130. But 140 is perfectly healthy, hence why it's my goal :)

I started at 215lbs 6 months ago, and I'm at 165 now. Honestly, as much as I wanna hit that 140, and even though my BMI is still very much "overweight", I feel and look better than I have in my adult life (including when I was my low weight of 150 - I was 150 but with no muscle and very out of shape. My 165lb-self is in much better shape!).
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    5'5" and Goal125 pounds (or UK 8 stone 13pounds) although as others have said measurements are more important to me, I'd like to be a size UK 10 (US 6)

The scale is a guide really, the tape measure tells the real story, I think that's why everyone's scale goals are so different. Also where you carry your weight makes a massive difference to your goals just look at Christina Hendricks from madmen, tiny waist slim neck and generous curves.

My problem is my gut, I'm an apple/inverted triangle (take your pick) I don't really mind my bust or hip measurement now I'm 140 pounds (10stone) but I'd like to get my belly measurement into the 20's instead of the 30's to reduce the jeans overhang. :P
  • nicholelwolfe88
    nicholelwolfe88 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi all!! I'm about 5"4' (give or take) and currently weight in at about 163. My highest (non-pregnancy) weight was 168. Honestly, the numbers mean very little to me. I just want a flat stomach really. It's hard for me to say what weight I was content at. I have my good days when I feel great in my own skin, and my bad days when I can't find a single thing I like. I'm weird like that I guess. The lowest I've been in my adult life (if you can call 19 an adult lol) was about 135. My current goal weight is 130 - 140 or pant size 4-6.
  • Chenry18
    Chenry18 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and am currently 148. I would like to be my 2 year ago weight of 118, anyone want to be accountability friends!?

I find myself losing a couple pounds here or there, but as soon as I gain them back I lose motivation :/

I can't seem to tighten my stomach to save my life! Even at 118 I still had a bit of a pooch.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 1/2" and currently 138. But I have a super small frame (everyone always comments on how tiny my wrists are), so an extra 10 lbs. feels like 50. So I think my goal is 120, but right now I am shooting for 130 and will re-evaluate then. Plus I carry most of my weight around my middle, so whatever I weigh when the gut is finally reasonably minimized will probably make me happy!