• Luke_I_am_your_spotter
    Luke_I_am_your_spotter Posts: 4,179 Member
    Options
    shoulda used this, bro

Hobby-Lobby-Printable-Coupon.gif
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,469 Member
    Options
    Central Market is amazing but I have to be careful or I wind up walking out with only two bags and short $200. If I hit produce, meat/seafood and head straight for checkout, I'm golden. If I wander to another part of the store, I'm f*cked.

I never leave central market for less than $250 :ohwell: Their large bottles of Dr. Bronner's soap is only $9.. Its $17 everywhere else.. And their pastries.. oh my god.............. Next time you are there, you should look for their kouign amann in the pastry area. Holy crap. You warm that up in the oven for a lil bit.. its loaded in butter and sugar and deliciousness and worth every single calorie. I had kouign amann at Dominique Ansel bakery in NYC, and Central market put theirs to shame.. and they are the creators of the cronut. Yep, central market is THAT good.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Central Market is amazing but I have to be careful or I wind up walking out with only two bags and short $200. If I hit produce, meat/seafood and head straight for checkout, I'm golden. If I wander to another part of the store, I'm f*cked.

I never leave central market for less than $250 :ohwell: Their large bottles of Dr. Bronner's soap is only $9.. Its $17 everywhere else.. And their pastries.. oh my god.............. Next time you are there, you should look for their kouign amann in the pastry area. Holy crap. You warm that up in the oven for a lil bit.. its loaded in butter and sugar and deliciousness and worth every single calorie. I had kouign amann at Dominique Ansel bakery in NYC, and Central market put theirs to shame.. and they are the creators of the cronut. Yep, central market is THAT good.

WTF? I looked for kouign amann last time I was there and didn't find it, so I bought some fancy butter and made my own. I'll have to head down there this weekend. I'm nuts about their rice pudding but it's constantly sold out so I found a copycat recipe for when I can't find it. I love the Colorado Spice packs you can get at the meat and seafood counter.
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,469 Member
    Options
    WTF? I looked for kouign amann last time I was there and didn't find it, so I bought some fancy butter and made my own. I'll have to head down there this weekend. I'm nuts about their rice pudding but it's constantly sold out so I found a copycat recipe for when I can't find it. I love the Colorado Spice packs you can get at the meat and seafood counter.
    I know, I didn't see it last time I was there either!! I usually find it hidden near their bagels. I'll have to try their rice pudding, never had it. What else do you recommend? Some other fruits that are seasonal but SO good: cotton candy grapes, velveteen pears (these are the best pears I have ever had in my life.. i DREAM about these pears), and ORANGE DEW (it looks like a honeydew on the outside, but its orange on the inside and tastes like a cantaloupe on steroids.. its amazing).. the best cheese: bellavitano merlot cheese.. OH MY GOD..
  • dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't mind working for Hobby Lobby... supposedly their full time wage is $14.50 an hour... I can hang with that....

Yep, and I love that they are closed on Sundays to allow their employees to have family time.

Hobby Lobby is like the Target of craft stores. People actually put clothes on to shop there (vs pj's). LOL.
  • SwashBlogger
    SwashBlogger Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    almost looks like SCROTUS...*giggles*
  • calibriintx
    Options
    I know, I didn't see it last time I was there either!! I usually find it hidden near their bagels. I'll have to try their rice pudding, never had it. What else do you recommend? Some other fruits that are seasonal but SO good: cotton candy grapes, velveteen pears (these are the best pears I have ever had in my life.. i DREAM about these pears), and ORANGE DEW (it looks like a honeydew on the outside, but its orange on the inside and tastes like a cantaloupe on steroids.. its amazing).. the best cheese: bellavitano merlot cheese.. OH MY GOD..

I found some amazing salsa last time I was there. It's by Happy Tomato Fresh Foods. Not sure if it's a regular product or only there when they come in to do samples. Their tarragon chicken salad is amazing and their shrimp salad is even better. I'm also obsessed with their fresh squeezed OJ, and these little black chocolate cakey things. It's not their mousse but they're usually right next to eachother in the case and cooler. It's like ganache wrapped in more ganache or something. Oh, and Cookwell and Co 2 step chili is SO yummy! It's a jar and you just pour it into a pot with cooked meat and heat. I love that place. My kid gets a balloon when we walk in the door, they put meat and seafood on ice, lots of yummy lunch options and a place to sit while we're there, and there's a playground on the patio where I can let my little burn off some energy at some point so she's more likely to be chill and happy while I cart her through the store. And she loves sticking a quarter in the jar and getting a flower. I'm going to call and ask about the kouign amann. If it's something they don't always have, maybe they'll hold one for me. :smile:
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    Are there HEB stores outside of Texas?
  • adamgottlob
    adamgottlob Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't mind working for Hobby Lobby... supposedly their full time wage is $14.50 an hour... I can hang with that....

But the catch is that they monitor and regulate how you can spend your $14.50. They have the right as an employer to stop you from spending it on things they disagree with.
  • meeyuh
    meeyuh Posts: 38 Member
    Options

I haven't even found any in DFW which is super depressing. I love me some HEB!!
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I really wish that these companies would just leave their religious beliefs out of business affairs. I am running out of places where I can shop with a clear conscience. :grumble:
  • calibriintx
    Options

HEB is also in Mexico.

I wish they'd come up north, and I hear they just might. I was asking a manager at Central Market if they have any plans to put a store up near where I live (closest is about 30 miles). He said it's not likely but that HEB owns land up here and will probably start building in the Dallas area in the next 5 years. Fingers crossed.
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    I totally got myself pregnant last night (don't ask me how) but since i work for Hobby Lobby I guess I'll have to ride this one out.
    #SCOTUShatesme
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options

But the catch is that they monitor and regulate how you can spend your $14.50. They have the right as an employer to stop you from spending it on things they disagree with.

The hell are you talking about. .. ... lol...I hope you are joking...no one can possibly misread a case to such an extreme

I'll have to see if there is a Hobby Lobby in my area just so I can shop there. Not religious at all, but their case is 100% logical.
  • calibriintx
    Options
    I totally got myself pregnant last night (don't ask me how) but since i work for Hobby Lobby I guess I'll have to ride this one out.
    #SCOTUShatesme

:laugh:
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    I am running out of places where I can shop with a clear conscience. :grumble:
    I hear ya.
    Now I need to cross Burger King off my my list of places to shop.
  • adamgottlob
    Options

The hell are you talking about. .. ... lol...I hope you are joking...no one can possibly misread a case to such an extreme

I'll have to see if there is a Hobby Lobby in my area just so I can shop there. Not religious at all, but their case is 100% logical.

It's very logical. Part of your employment benefit includes health care, which they (apparently) have the right to tell you what you can use it for. You can use your health care benefit for X but not Y. In addition they give you $, and therefore also have the right to tell you what you can and cannot use it for.
  • calibriintx
    Options

It's very logical. Part of your employment benefit includes health care, which they (apparently) have the right to tell you what you can use it for. You can use your health care benefit for X but not Y. In addition they give you $, and therefore also have the right to tell you what you can and cannot use it for.

What the hell are you even talking about? Hobby Lobby employees can still cash their paychecks and run out and buy some Plan B. HL corporate won't show up at the pharmacy and steal the money back.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options

so basically you're assuming thousands of employees are completely ignorant of who they work for?
  • adamgottlob
    Options
    Why it is ok for a corporation to tell you what you can use your health care benefit for, but not ok to tell you what you can use your $ benefit for. If they're going to give me $, and not prevent me from buying birth control with it, why do they care what I use their health care plan for?