Friends over 40?

Replies

• hello Angie..

well is this cheating? Im not over 40 yet but Ive have always been told I act older than I look..also I have this .
    .you know older woman..yummy thing..

Dont get me wrong I need no sugar mama.. Im semi retired under my own financial.. genius.. and about to repeat

I just like to know I can converse without the im talking to a child thing and can be viewed on an equal footing is all..

if you can friend me.. You will get a friend with benefits...real ones.. not the ones they talk about in those on line chat rooms..

Any ways.. i have tons of fitness resources available upon request . for your journey its better than any you can get on line.. because the existing fitness model is not contemporary enough for todays lifestyle

My name is Dances with Wow,
    and I can help you velocitize life force through fitness
  • Hi! My name is Ginger. I'm 46. I've got 55 pounds to lose. I log on every day. Anyone who wants a friend who offers encouragement and support, please feel free to add me!
  • tkenley123
    tkenley123 Posts: 10 Member
    43yrs. I've been overweight my entire adult life. The past year, I've had success in walking every day and watching the intake. I like to cheer on my MFP friends. Always looking for more of them
  • MyTurn2BHappy
    MyTurn2BHappy Posts: 475 Member
    I'm always looking for new friends to support and have fun with! Feel free to request me :))))
  • LoneHulk
    LoneHulk Posts: 39 Member
    I'm turning 43 in August. Just coming off of having my tendon reconnected to my foot. I will be starting physical therapy soon and hitting it hard when I am ready! I log every day and just hit 350 days. I have a rare genetic disease that requires me to eat between 300-400 grams of carbs everyday so I will be struggling with weight my entire life. My highest weight has been 335lbs and my lowest 215 (12 years ago). I am currently 263ish and my goal is to get to 225-230. I'll be here for the long haul. As long as you're active and send a note with the request anyone can feel free to ad me.
  • anissa333
    anissa333 Posts: 175 Member
    Im 44 and you are more than welcome to add me...
  • conniekat8
    conniekat8 Posts: 64 Member
    Mee too, mee too. :)
    I forgot how to take care of myself in last few years, and it caught up with me at 45.
    Working on getting back into my old good habits, and really need to stop isolating myself from people.
  • lisagetslim
    lisagetslim Posts: 16 Member
    I,m 44 That day has come to actually start thinking of myself & put my self first for a change so this is my 1st step to try & lose quite a lot the healthy way. Not only to change my appearance but also how i feel & to have more energy, & feel good of what i can achieieve .. day 1 :-)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    45 here, and working my tire off! laughssss...
    Anyone can add me; still pretty new here and not many friends, but love the support.
  • I'm 38, feels like 40. Just getting started with mfp again. Never used the message boards or had "friends" on here. I am a mom of 2, need to lose 40-50 lbs. I could definitely use some support!
  • hellokimmy13
    hellokimmy13 Posts: 16 Member
    Not quite 40 but I feel ya....
  • reaaland
    reaaland Posts: 2
    I am 42 and just starting with myfitnesspal--My second day here actually. Trying to get in shape and be healthier. Thought this plus a couple exercise programs would be a good start. :)
  • ajmurray1234
    ajmurray1234 Posts: 163 Member
    Turned 40 in January! Do I still count? :smile:
  • ajmurray1234
    ajmurray1234 Posts: 163 Member
    I am 42 and just starting with myfitnesspal--My second day here actually. Trying to get in shape and be healthier. Thought this plus a couple exercise programs would be a good start. :)

It is a GREAT place to start!
  • missmellemel
    missmellemel Posts: 1 Member
    Just turned 49--yikes! Used to be really fit, until two years ago when I changed careers, then it was less time in the gym and more time on my butt. But, we're never too old to pursue fitness, so here I am. Looking for all the support I can get from the over 40 crowd.
  • hill1angel
    hill1angel Posts: 37 Member
    Will you join me in the last 6 months of 2014?

Will you join my group????

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/22404-2014l-the-last-6-months-propelled-to-excel
  • sidney7305
    sidney7305 Posts: 36 Member
    Hi all. I am 45 and I would love to have more friends to support and I will do the same. Feel free to send me a friend request.
  • jbekkaz
    jbekkaz Posts: 8 Member
    New here and quite a bit over the 40 mark. I'll be 54 in August.... looking for inspiration!
  • HelenWater
    HelenWater Posts: 232 Member
    Hi there, I'm 47 and striving to get fit enough and in shape enough to row again.

I log every day. Please feel free to add me as a friend! The more the merrier!! :laugh:

See http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1320847-official-get-friends-thread for more information about me.
  • Pete1964AK
    Pete1964AK Posts: 85 Member
    As one of the over 40s (having turned 50 in April), I am pleased to see a group of us not quite so youngies, all going through the same thing.

I'm 4 weeks into my mfp "adventure", with no idea of what my goal should be, but I'm looking to lose 55 lbs at least. (Says he, hopefully)

Feel free to add me,