Do you shower before going to the gym?

Options
124»

Replies

• snw_
    snw_ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    that's like eating before going out to a restaurant.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    I always shower before the gym, there is always that funky person near by, it drives me crazy.

After reading the comments in this thread, now you know who they are.
  • dmmihelcic
    dmmihelcic Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    After only, but I'm a guy....
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    No not before... I'm just going to get all sweaty... I shower after in the locker room.
  • Nic37013
    Nic37013 Posts: 17
    Options
    If I am going to the gym right away after waking I do shower. Has nothing to do with being clean or not, would have not gotten into bed if I was a mess. The hot water of the shower helps me to losen up and I do quite a bit of stretching in the shower. On heavy back or leg days I feel not as tight and more comfortable getting right into the workout. In 10+ years I have had injuries in the gym twice, both were early morning workouts where I did not get loose and warmed up properly. So a shower may have more advantage than just being clean.

The hot water loosening up was my thought when I was looking for this topic
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I'm confuzzled??

Why would you waste soap and water in order to go to the gym where you are going to get sweaty, dirty and smelly only to have to shower again after??

Am I missing something?
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I am going to join a gym. I have been a member of a different gym before and I remember slowly getting super comfortable there where if I went early I didn't shower, in fact I went in my pajamas. I don't know the protocol at this new gym, as when I took the tour, my eyes seemed to only see very well shaped bodies. LOL.

Do you shower before the gym? And after? At the gym? What time do you go?

Thanks.

Reading all the responses on here, I am glad that we decided to have a home gym.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I always shower before the gym, there is always that funky person near by, it drives me crazy.

After reading the comments in this thread, now you know who they are.

Exactly.
  • WAS287GOAL170
    WAS287GOAL170 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Showering before you go to the gym, is like wiping before you poop.
  • SJKirk51912
    SJKirk51912 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I too shower before going anywhere! Gym, salon, etc. 7:00 am basketball practice? I roll in with wet hair from a shower. :)

I have oily skin, which results in oily hair, and sweat more than normal. No one needs/wants to see this first thing in the morning.

I have always been envious of the women who can go days without washing their hair. I am NOT one of them!

Also, I feel better and therefore workout better/harder if I am clean.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I shower every evening regardless if I workout or not.

I wouldn't waste my time showering before a workout as I am already clean.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options

QFT
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

QFT

indeed.

I don't get exceptionally nasty through the day- so I see no need to clean up before I work out- even in construction I never showered pre-workout.

I would only shower pre=workout if I was so didn't want to get in my car that way. .. although if I was that dirty- I probably would have been doing something physical and not doing extra working out anyway LOL
  • alska
    alska Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I do!
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    Sometimes. However, I don't wash my hair & go through the whole routine. I like the smell of soap & it makes me feel like I'm starting my day over so if I half-@ssed it the rest of the day, I can hit that re-start button & spawn fresh as a daisy :laugh: