5'4-5'5 women goal weight

Options

Replies

• IBarrett18
    Options
    I'm 5'4 145 and looking to lose 20 pounds does anyone have any ideas how to lose it fast. I've been doing hip hop abs but it's so repetitive and I quickly lose interest.
  • albrown83
    albrown83 Posts: 13
    Options
    5'5" Goal Weight is 130 by December... Current Weight is 145. Anyone feel free to add me. :)
  • rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 currently at my goal weight between 128-130lbs. I've always been the athletic type too but I do have a small frame. I'm still working to lower my body fat by lifting heavy. Congrats on getting to your lowest weight!
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4, and my current goal is 120lbs; I'm about 9lbs away. Going to re-evaluate at 120.
  • sfisher07
    sfisher07 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    5'5 and i'm not sure what my goal weight is since i'm more so working towards a goal size. my goal size is size 6 pants. i really couldnt care less what i weigh once I get to my goal size .

I agree with this. I do have a goal weight, and it is nice to see the scale go down; however, my clothes fitting better gives me a better feeling than the changing scale. I think it's okay to set a goal weight, but that is a little difficult if you are muscular or building muscle mass.
  • newman84
    newman84 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I"m 5'4 and my goal is 128 but, i'd be happy about 130-135 as a start. I'm about 151 right now, but my body fat is about 31% which isn't bad for that weight. I want to be at 27% eventually or lower.
  • briemyre
    briemyre Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4". My long-term goal is 140, which is near the top of the normal BMI range for my height. I'll re-evaluate when I'm closer to my goal, because I might want to go lower or I might just want to switch focus to body recomposition (lowering BF%).

My goal is also around 140, I started at 271 and am now at 213. My aunt lost a lot of weight, and she and I have similar body types, and she looks SKINNY at 140, so I guess it just depends on you. We have pretty decent boobage, but I also have a ton of muscle in my legs, so I think anything below that for me would look weird.
  • housesittingshelly
    Options
    I am on a diet and exercise plan. I am 5'5". My goal is 150. I think being thinner than that you run the chance of looking sickly. However, if you are young, (I am 41) your skin and body should respond to more weight loss.

I would like to say most women want to be thinner than that but if you line up a woman with a few extra pounds in just the right places and a very skinny girl, they will always pick the one with the curves! Men love curves! not bones!
  • nicholelwolfe88
    nicholelwolfe88 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Plus I carry most of my weight around my middle, so whatever I weigh when the gut is finally reasonably minimized will probably make me happy!

Amen to that sister!
  • Chaskavitch
    Chaskavitch Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    First, awesome job to everybody who has lost so much weight! Seriously, great job.

I'm 5'5", 28 years old, and I don't have much to lose, honestly. My highest weight was 145, and the lowest I've gotten to since HS was like 127. Right now I'm at 135-138, but I'm focused more on maintaining muscle and losing a little bit of fat right now. I probably could get to 125, but I don't think it would be comfortable. I'm aiming for 130, and after that we'll see if I want to bulk up so I have more awesome guns :) My mom, sister and I all have big shoulders, little chests (34B anyone?), and bigger hips, so muscley is way more feasible than pencil thin.
  • housesittingshelly
    Options
    Get the book called "Why Weight Around" this doctor has a plan to lose weight fast then you can keep it off once you reach your goal. I have been on the diet for 8 days and I have lost 12 pounds! the first three days are the worst. After that it is a breeze!!
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and my goal is 132.4 lbs. I didn't know what I wanted goal to be (other than somewhere in the "normal" BMI range) so I decided to make my goal whatever I weighed on my one year weight loss anniversary. Been maintaining that for 9 months and am pretty happy with it.
  • nicholelwolfe88
    nicholelwolfe88 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am on a diet and exercise plan. I am 5'5". My goal is 150. I think being thinner than that you run the chance of looking sickly. However, if you are young, (I am 41) your skin and body should respond to more weight loss.

I would like to say most women want to be thinner than that but if you line up a woman with a few extra pounds in just the right places and a very skinny girl, they will always pick the one with the curves! Men love curves! not bones!

This is actually something I am concerned about. I am a busty girl. What do they call it? Apple-shaped? Well, anyway, the bridal salon recently told me that I am a size 12 top and size 8 bottom, so I am definitely concerned with losing some of the curves I have on the bottom. Does anyone know how to build muscle in the hips, thighs, butt area? I'm hoping I can just replace my "fat" curves with muscular ones. lol
  • Mrscheyfleming
    Mrscheyfleming Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Im about 5'5 and when i started i was 196 now I'm 174, my goal weight is 140.
  • Chaskavitch
    Chaskavitch Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    This is actually something I am concerned about. I am a busty girl. What do they call it? Apple-shaped? Well, anyway, the bridal salon recently told me that I am a size 12 top and size 8 bottom, so I am definitely concerned with losing some of the curves I have on the bottom. Does anyone know how to build muscle in the hips, thighs, butt area? I'm hoping I can just replace my "fat" curves with muscular ones. lol

Weighted squats, deadlift, hip thrusts or glute bridges, Bulgarian split squats, and walking lunges :) Hip thrusts or glute bridges work your glutes and hamstrings specifically, but the other lifts all work basically your whole lower body, with minor differences in emphasis depending on your form.

If you don't go to a gym, you can do most of these at home with dumbbells and still get a decent workout. Deadlift and squats are the most difficult to do without a barbell and plates, but it is possible. If you DO go to a gym and you don't know how to do these lifts, ask someone (a personal trainer, someone who works there, or just somebody who you've seen do the lift that looks friendly) to make sure your form is right when you start. Also, look them up on YouTube to watch tutorials on how to do them. Injuring yourself at the beginning of your journey is so unnecessary.
  • LucyBzz
    LucyBzz Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and aiming for 145 as my final goal
  • Marie047
    Marie047 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I`m 5ft 3 and my goal weight is 120lbs.
  • easto_79
    easto_79 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 5'2" and current 215, hoping to see 150 before the end of the year, I'm not sure of my finial goal weight, I'll see how I feel at 150.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,531 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'5" and 55, so for me I put it in perspective.. do I want to be as skinny as I was in my 20's ? nope...my heaviest was 198 (depression, loss of a husband) a long time before mfp. however, I've been at my goal weight for 2 years now I think, 135. if I get lower than my goal weight, I gotta watch it because I ride bike every day and exercise every day.
  • marye2021
    marye2021 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 abd 185 righy now. My ultimate goal weight is 120
    However getting out of the 180's is what I am focusing on right now!