Group LLC Holiday Challenge!

Options

Replies

• zano2008
    zano2008 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    HI Everyone,
    Elfie,Just my opinion.. working out is a really good thing, the sooner the better.
    Mom216 and VJ150 I know exactly how you feel about the scale, I haven't kicked it though...it cost too much. I have stepped on it and it felt like a "balancing act on a tight rope" to get the right number to bounce downward. Iol

Everyone, we still have a challenge going on ..it was 10 lbs before Valentines day.. but you can change the weight to whatever is comfortable. I'm about 5 lbs away and I feel like I'll get there before Feb 14.

I remember when I had success with atkins about 10 years ago the biggest draw back was muscle CRAMPS, does anyone take supplements for this, extra iron? Hasn't happened yet, but I can remember it being very painful. Have TERRIFIC weakend..God Bless Everyone...Zano
  • Pragmatica
    Options
    Zano, I replied to your message about muscle cramps. Take a look at your potassium and magnesium intake! Add some natural potassium rich foods like broccoli and cauliflower. If that doesn't help, look at taking a supplement. Calcium could also be an issue if the potassium doesn't help.
  • elfie9863
    elfie9863 Posts: 337
    Options
    WOW...I almost gave it up yesterday...just felt tooooo rotten for the past 4 days...Yikes! Feeling pretty good today tho, not really into eating anything much, just no appetite and food sounds pretty nauseous right now. At any rate, off to the gym. Thanks Zano for the butt kick and then grocery shopping for some low carb stuff.

Thanks everyone for their support.

E.

PS I lost 2 lbs already!!!

:flowerforyou:
  • johaleesi
    johaleesi Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi All. I'm new to MFP so sorry for posting this off-topic question here. I read about this low carb group here on MFP and I'm just a wee bit confused about how you join it. Do you all just post messages with "Group LLC" in the subject line so other low carbers can find them via search, or is there a sub-forum for it. Sorry, still browsing through MFP to find where everything is. :)
  • zano2008
    Options
    HI TEAM LLC,
    johannabr - welcome to our group! You are invited at any time; day, night, and inbetween to comment, ask questions, vent, or say really positive and uplifting things about our collective journey. We maintain a low carb diet. Low carb dieting has worked for me in the past and I hope to reach my goal weight this summer. Good Luck.

Pragmatica, thanks for the information on the muscle cramps.

Hey everyone, have great weekend. It looks like its its warming up (no ice) so I'm out for a run. I love it when I'm healthy, I just hate the first 500 yards when I start to run, ugh!.... Have fun today, Zano
  • mom216
    mom216 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Spent the last two days driving, eating crappy & just having stress filled days. My crappy eating - led to serious stomach distress - thankfully all is better. I just found out we are due for yet another ice/snow storm (ARRRRGGGHHH!!!!!) I will be trapped in the house for at least 3 days - Praying for spring & sanity. I don't even want to think about the scale :sad:
  • zano2008
    Options
    Mom216, I feel for you. Last week we had 3 days of icy weather, I did not go out to play. Sorry for your last two days of eating habits, sounds like their behind you now...all is good, except for your ice/snow storm. Stay positive kid, we need you to hit 130 by Valentines day!...Good Luck, Zano
  • tatiana_13
    Options
    Okay...so we're a little quiet here. Hibernating. I know I've been hibernating. I hibernate when things aren't going well. Things weren't going well. The scale started going the wrong way. Then I couldn't get it to go the right way. So I went into hibernation mode until I could sort things out. I figured, why get on the boards and whine and moan? Nobody wants to hear that.

So, now, I sorted things out. And the scale is going in the right direction. So, I'm around.

Is anyone else around? How are things going for folks? How did induction go for folks who were on it?

After all that angst, I'm actually still on track to meet my valentine's day challenge goal. I guess its a good think I picked a modest goal, right?
  • zano2008
    Options
    Tatiana, good to hear from you. I've been hibernating also, but still on track. Still reaching for the Valentine's Day challenge, low carb works well...Keep going...Zano

132398.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • VJ150
    VJ150 Posts: 453
    Options
    Hi LLCers!!

I too have been in hibernation on this thread. I'm here everyday - just don't have much to say.

@Tatiana, glad to see you are still on track. I know how we can sometimes get side-tracked.

@Zano - I'm glad you are still around living low carb.

I'm happy to report that I have met my valentines' day challenge. My starting weight was 228.2 - this morning 217.4 - I lost 10.8 lbs . :bigsmile: I am VERY EXCITED!!!

I will continue on my journey to reach my next mini goal of 210. Hopefully that will happen real soon.

Have a fantastic Sunday. I'm off to get chores done so I can be free to watch the football game later!!

Happy loosing everyone!! :flowerforyou:
  • tatiana_13
    Options
    Way to go VJ! You are doing a fabulous job!

I will think of you next time I think of getting sidetracked between now and Valentine's day. I will aim for consistency! :smile:
  • VJ150
    VJ150 Posts: 453
    Options
    Thanks Tatiana. It has been a challenging journey. :ohwell:

You hang in there!! I know you will be successul and will reach your goal!!! :flowerforyou:
  • tatiana_13
    Options
    Hey LC peeps! Just checking in. Don't have anything in particular to say. I'm doing pretty decent with my motivation. Just trying to brace for yet *another* round of east coast snow and ice. Doesn't quite qualify as a storm, but right now, all of us out here are just ready for spring!

How is everyone else out there doing?
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Thanks Calie I found the new LC thread :flowerforyou:

I started at a different school this year and the year has been pretty stressful in some ways but better in others just less time to do things. I am back to making time to record and I am seeing a new bariatric doctor here in Las Vegas that is a strong believer in low carb so it's nice to have a doctor's support.

Any book nerds out there that love low carb books? I am finishing up Gary Taubes new book "Why we get fat and what to do about it" and it is sooo validating. I am actually learning a lot about metabolism and the roles of hormones and insulin. I thought I had read it all but this book has some great evidence to support the low carb lifestyle.

As a plan I follow Primal with a little Carb Addicts thrown in on days I just have to have an enchilada. It's working for me. I have lost 55 pounds doing this so far. My goal by summer is under 300 only 26 more pounds to go!:drinker:
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Hi Amy. Glad you found this thread. I am glad you found a doctor that agreed with you on your diet. I still have to watch my carbs on acct of my diabetic. But i just dearly loves carbs. Hope you can find the time to keep on posting.

Hello to all the rest of you. Seems to be a really good bunch here.now.Best of luck to all of you. Marie
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Happy Sunday all!:drinker:

I am down another pound today so that's 5 this week yay!:drinker: I see the doctor tomorrow and I think he will be pleased to see my 9 pound loss these past 2 weeks:happy: I got lucky he is a strong believer in low carb.

Been cooking my low carb meals for the week today and I just have two more to go. I have made green beans, kale, spicy chicken burgers with cheddar, low carb lasagna (I like George Stella's recipe but modify it with more veggies and chicken instead of beef since I am allergic), and I am doing some mashed cauliflower. For breakfast I made a crustless zucchini, bacon, and swiss quiche. I will probably do chicken taco salads later in the week but they are a quick fix. I find I stay on track better if I cook my meals and portion them out in microwaveable bowls so it is easy to just warm them when I come home beat from work.

Have a great week!:flowerforyou:
  • tatiana_13
    Options
    Hi Amy!

Congratulations on your loss! Your cooking extravaganza is an inspiration. I have been failing in the cooking department...after a week where i relied on a whole lot of eggs, cheese, and spinach (in various forms, but still...), my big "variety" was to add in some roasted cauliflower...next to my spinach. Yeah...I'm a bit of a spartan. So, I am going too hold you up as my low carb kitchen idol. I need to be more adventurous!

As for me, I didn't lose anything this week...holding steady. But I'm okay with that. I've stuck to my eating plan. And...[drumroll please]...I have actually been consistently exercising. For those not in the know, exercise is my nemesis. Five days a week, every morning for the past two weeks. I'm proud of that.

How is everyone else doing?
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Yay on the exercise Tatiana!:drinker: That is what I am working on this week.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Amy, I fogot to tell you how fantastic you are looking.How is your sister and how do you like your new house? Marie
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    House is good neighbors are bad, they all have dogs they let bark 24/7. It's against HOA rules but I have called them and they seem to do nothing.

My sister finally got a job with social services for the state she is an eligibility worker for ongoing cases. We are doing pretty well now that things have settled back in with two full incomes again.