Cut out soda completely, and haven't lost a pound!

Options

Replies

• eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    2) lol @ bolded part. Really? By what mechanism does a zero calorie drink cause a calorie surplus and fat gain?

We drink more diet soda than never before, we are also fatter than never before.

Just few examples to answer your question:

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/10/29/10-reasons-to-give-up-diet-soda/
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpoAtwVyzZI

Just Google and read, is not so hard, another one confused with the calories thing...
    I remember when trolling was an art form
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    2) lol @ bolded part. Really? By what mechanism does a zero calorie drink cause a calorie surplus and fat gain?

We drink more diet soda than never before, we are also fatter than never before.

Just Google and read, is not so hard, another one confused with the calories thing...

Please stop. It's too early in the morning to laugh this hard.

The sources for the bro science is priceless.
  • stardisgate
    stardisgate Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    She meant his use of "Fat people" is offensive.

Missed that post. My bad.

My point about diet coke, well that still stands...

I just put my explanation. I forgot to quote it.
  • clfern65
    clfern65 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    cutting out soda is a great start, like others said look a t your diary, you may not have lost but maybe stopped gaining at a higher rate and slowed the gain down. Be careful going to low in calorie intake, if you are not exercising or doing things to kick start you metabolism your body will actually go into starvation mode and slow down your metabolism. Proper weight lose is a slow process no quick fix. Lifestyle changes not a magic pill or change
  • Scarecrowsama
    Scarecrowsama Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    How can people not see scarecrow is a troll is beyond me. People are actually engaging this person. This person...who has less than 20 posts and a brand new profile. As if they made a profile just to argue with people. Hmmmmmm...

If someone says something THAT ridiculous to where you get whiplash saying "ah hell naw", then most likely they are saying it to get a reaction and not to have a genuine conversation.

You know, when you say things that create big confusion people tend to react attacking the person, instead of asking or trying to understand, that is the troll behaviour, 500 years ago they burned you for saying that the earth is not a square, now they can't burn you, they just attack you, a few years ago (still nowadays in reality), people believe the myth of dietary cholesterol and saturated fats, before, if you say "eating eggs do not affect your cholesterol", people would be yelling at you, now that is starting to be known, is not so much.

When you read something controversial or that sounds "illogical" for what you know/believe, you have two options, ignore it or research about it, the secret option number 3 of attacking people is just a troll behaviour.
  • DanceswithWow
    Options
    You're not in a caloric deficit.

Start weighing, measuring, and logging every single thing that goes in your mouth.

Not drinking soda is not magically going to make you lose weight.

Can you explain to me why some really fat people, having a caloric deficit, and exercising like crazy do not lose a single pounds? and also, why some people, eating pizza, ice creams, burgers, sodas and a whole bunch of crap, do not get a single pounds?

The caloric deficit is a myth, if that works why there is so many fat people? pretty much every person that is doing weight loss diets is having a caloric deficit, but almost every single person get the weight back or they even add more, some is missing here.
    It is not a myth
    http://ca.askmen.com/sports/bodybuilding/why-calories-count.html

"But what about the laws of physics? Aragon told me that no such study exists that shows people being overfed and losing weight. What’s more, there is no study in existence that shows people being underfed and not losing weight. Numerous highly controlled metabolic ward studies have shown again and again that macronutrient ratios — carbs, fat and protein — do not matter when it comes to weight loss. Calories are always the common denominator. "

Hello my name is

Dances with Wow..

and the question of why a person using the calories and calories out doesnt loose weight consitently an dthe science behind its faulty is fully explainable..

although most of the earth has to flat advocates struggle with thinking they are not the gods who control destiny with counting..

The response questioning this.. is an awesome..ONE..

The reason why calories in versus calories out is a failed system conjured up to deal with behavior is because the scientist who developed the idea have no understanding of cause and effect on the human psyche, or the deeper mechanisms governing hormone creation and secretion or they do and it was intentional..

in depth hormone knowledge was not around when weight loss texts were being written

hormone research is still in its infancy..ever heard of bio identical hormone..ah less than 10 years old and only the rich can or those with awesome insurance can afford hormone treatment

HELLO!.

But the reality..as was so eloquently suspected.., calories counting is a man made understanding of metaboilsm missing a very power element..
    Lipolytic enzymes..

people trying to loose unwanted body fat..possess different quantities, possess different potencies, and specific dietary triggers in order to populate the blood stream that is in direct proportions to combat unwanted body fat.

Calorie counting has absolutely zero means of examining or capturing this critical turnkey feature of evolution mother nature has built into our bodies.
    The funny thing is its so easy to pin down..

But the wide spread arrogance in believing there is only ONE way to loose unwanted body robbs so many of life force..

In fact a food dairy recording your so called numbers masks this enzyme reaction completely..

Those people know who they are.. Steroid users ( and I am believer in using them) use steriods because thats a big reason they take them because it over rides the safety net and metabolic blue print they were born with..

Their lipolytic enzymes become more potent along with other repair processes that make gains over night rapid..I have no problem with this its when they try to say they know calories in and calories out is the bible that blows me away..

The science of calories in and calories out is not contemporary enough for todays lifestyle. It deals in recording hindsight. It forces the individual to not deal with will power correctly, it makes guilt the motivator not success..It forces the end user to avoid and dismiss the real issue.. of whats coming down the pike ..as they are so busy paying attention to numbers they have no idea how those numbers are impacting their lipolytic enzyme count or what amount of these enzymes are needed to compel unwanted body fat to stand down.

here is the reply I rolled out to some one else who is struggling with weight loss---

"The current way you are using your resources is in the direct line of fire..
    As its not predictive..its not contemporary enough for what you trying to do. I wedges you into fear doubt and disbelief..

The resources Im talking about for one is your food diary.. its capturing info thats yesterdays news..to the body..

You are recording your eating history as it if its an accident that you have a birthday..a celebration, or a bad day..

would it not be more realistic to know a month in advance these potential eating stumbling blocks and counterfit food days. so they can be mitigated, side stepped, or prepared for in advance..Really!

Why deal in hindsight?

I have been advocating a food energy plan which lays all this out just once a month.. not every darn day obsessing over documentarian duties.

This would save you time.. more importantly though

You only go to it to record the events and eating that you fail to meet your own expectations. this way you actually see the misses that impacted your plan..and adjust going forward.

So if you have 8 misses.. you know the next time you concentrate on having only say 6 or 4 which would be a 50% improvement..thats banked and primed with positive reinforcement..as it records true willpower instead. of right and wrong with foods.and fixing micro stuff like picking lint off a carpet you just vaccumed.

Now thats something you can celebrate fast.. and accurately.. because you know you are going to have off days, birthdays, and events in your life..nothing wrong with those

Think about it. Every person and thats 100% of those using the calories in and calories out myth does.

Thats 100%..so ALL of you have longer protracted emotionally unsatisfying and a confusing road to stay on track.with

UHGG!!. Its a constant battle with discipline, motivation, and self esteem

Im not here to BS any body..But imagine an existence with life force.. where you map out once per month..have all 29 days of free time extra knowing on the 4th 12th 16th, the 17th and the 23rd will be iffy..

This is contemporary. Tthis is having an active crystal ball..This is easy to get control over..Avoid the head on..

I hope you can see.this as to me it seems way more motivating over the long hall with faster results.. with a food energy plan you do only 12 times a year..thats once a month and check off only those mishaps.. thats it..

the rest of the data filters out without splitting hairs.."

Until you are able to get a handle of hormones which dictate how calories will operate.. sorry counting calories is a hit or miss stat than can be kicked to the curb..

I use this food energy system and I can get as muscular, loose unwanted body fat faster than any steroid user any day of the week. and integrate into society without the lie I need to tell myself to have confidence in my personal abilities..

Im semi retired .. and six pack it all day long..
    I guess I'd better start showing off my shred..

My name is Dances with WOW..
    and life force is coming to those who want to avoid this calories in calories out one way to deweaponize unwanted body fat madness.

As far as your walking..or the activity part.. cardio only boosts lipolytic enzyme count only so high unless you are at a new threshold of muscle..

Your exertion and weight bearing activities have to be, every session, creating a learning relationship with your body..You are end on end creating drudgery..

Drudgery robs you of life force...
    is there a theme here.. am I helping see the light..

If I am
    please send your email..

I can forward undeniably more contemporary self test tools, full scale resources, and exacting physical activity plans that deals in achievement in half the time..

of this massively powerful ezymne
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options

Start weighing, measuring, and logging every single thing that goes in your mouth.

Can you explain to me why some really fat people, having a caloric deficit, and exercising like crazy do not lose a single pounds? and also, why some people, eating pizza, ice creams, burgers, sodas and a whole bunch of crap, do not get a single pounds?

The caloric deficit is a myth, if that works why there is so many fat people? pretty much every person that is doing weight loss diets is having a caloric deficit, but almost every single person get the weight back or they even add more, some is missing here.
    It is not a myth

"But what about the laws of physics? Aragon told me that no such study exists that shows people being overfed and losing weight. What’s more, there is no study in existence that shows people being underfed and not losing weight. Numerous highly controlled metabolic ward studies have shown again and again that macronutrient ratios — carbs, fat and protein — do not matter when it comes to weight loss. Calories are always the common denominator. "

Hello my name is

Dances with Wow..

and the question of why a person using the calories and calories out doesnt loose weight consitently an dthe science behind its faulty is fully explainable..

although most of the earth has to flat advocates struggle with thinking they are not the gods who control detsiny with counting..

The raeson why calories in versus calories out is a failed system conguered up becaus ethe scientst who developed hit have no understanding of cause and effect on the human psyche or they do and it was intentional..

But the reality..as was so eloquently suspected.., calories counting is a man made understanding of metaboilsm missing a very power element..
    Lipolytic enzymes..

people trying to loose unwanted body fat..possess different quantities, possess different potencies, and specific dietary triggers in order to populate the blood stream that is in direct proportions to combat unwanted body fat.

Calorie counting has absolutely zero means of examining or capturing this critical turnkey feature of evolution mother nature has built into our bodies.

But the wide spread arrogance in believing there is only ONE way to loose unwanted body robbs so many of life force..

In fact a food dairy recording your so called numbers masks this enzyme reaction completely..

Those people know who they are.. Steroid users ( and I am believer in using them) use steriods because thats a big reason they take them because it over rides the safety net and metabolic blue print they were born with..

Their lipolytic enzymes become more potent along with other repair processes that make gains over night rapid..I have no problem with this its when they try to say they know calories in and calories out is the bible that blows me away..

The science of calories in and calories out is not contemporary enough for todays lifestyle. It deals in recording hindsight. It forces the individual to not deal with will power correctly, it makes guilt the motivator not success..It forces the end user to avoid and dismiss the real issue.. of whats coming down the pike ..as they are so busy paying attention to numbers they have no idea how those numbers are impacting their lipolytic enzyme count or what amount of these enzymes are needed to compel unwanted body fat to stand down.

here is the reply I rolled out to some one else who is struggling with weight loss---

As its not predictive..its not contemporary enough for what you trying to do. I wedges you into fear doubt and disbelief..

The resources Im talking about for one is your food diary.. its capturing info thats yesterdays news..to the body..

You are recording your eating history as it if its an accident that you have a birthday..a celebration, or a bad day..

would it not be more realistic to know a month in advance these potential eating stumbling blocks and counterfit food days. so they can be mitigated, side stepped, or prepared for in advance..Really!

Why deal in hindsight?

I have been advocating a food energy plan which lays all this out just once a month.. not every darn day obsessing over documentarian duties.

You only go to it to record the events and eating that you fail to meet your own expectations. this way you actually see the misses that impacted your plan..and adjust going forward.

So if you have 8 misses.. you know the next time you concentrate on having only say 6 or 4 which would be a 50% improvement..thats banked and primed with positive reinforcement..as it records true willpower instead. of right and wrong with foods.and fixing micro stuff like picking lint off a carpet you just vaccumed.

Now thats something you can celebrate fast.. and accurately.. because you know you are going to have off days, birthdays, and events in your life..nothing wrong with those

Think about it. Every person and thats 100% of those using the calories in and calories out myth does.

Thats 100%..so ALL of you have longer protracted emotionally unsatisfying and a confusing road to stay on track.with

Im not here to BS any body..But imagine an existence with life force.. where you map out once per month..have all 29 days of free time extra knowing on the 4th 12th 16th, the 17th and the 23rd will be iffy..

This is contemporary. Tthis is having an active crystal ball..This is easy to get control over..Avoid the head on..

I hope you can see.this as to me it seems way more motivating over the long hall with faster results.. with a food energy plan you do only 12 times a year..thats once a month and check off only those mishaps.. thats it..

Until you are able to get a handle of hormones which dictate how calories will operate.. sorry counting calories is a hit or miss stat than can be kicked to the curb..

I use this food energy system and I can get as muscular, loose unwanted body fat faster than any steroid user any day of the week. and integrate into society without the lie I need to tell myself to have confidence in my personal abilities..

and life force is coming to those who want to avoid this calories in calories out one way to deweaponize unwanted body fat madness.

As far as your walking..or the activity part.. cardio only boosts lipolytic enzyme count only so high unless you are at a new threshold of muscle..

Your exertion and weight bearing activities have to be, every session, creating a learning relationship with your body..You are end on end creating drudgery..

If I am
    please send your email..

I can forward undeniably more contemporary self test tools, full scale resources, and exacting physical activity plans that deals in achievement in half the time..

Now, THAT is how you troll.
  • AlliecoreXX
    AlliecoreXX Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    This makes my head hurt. To quote a doctor I once knew, "There are no fat people in concentration camps." Very harsh and blunt, but it's the truth. Calorie deficits DO work.

Here's the problem: searching for the trigger to YOUR weight loss is like looking for a needle in a haystack. Every other person out there has had to search for THEIR "needle". It's going to be different for everyone. You are unique. The combination of your unique daily activity level, age, current weight, metabolism, hormones, etc etc etc all combine to create an individual that canNOT be stuck with a computer generated stereotype such as "You must eat 1200 calories a day"!!!! If 1200 calories isn't working (which I would never recommend to any of my clients anyway, for several reasons), then keep digging!

You gave up soda, and 1200 calories isn't working. Excuse me, but what is the problem here? You've tried 2 (TWO) things! Keep digging! Try eating MORE (to the tune of a few hundred calories) and see what happens. Remember, fat is stored fuel. The body hoards it in case it needs it. A body that is well fed without being OVERfed will feel free to let go of those fuel reserves. I'm not promising you it's going to work; you need to find your "needle", and it isn't necessarily going to be easy. But using process of elimination---and giving each new scenario a couple weeks to see if it works---and above all, CONSISTENCY in logging your food, should give you answers in time. You just have to have patience, and want it badly enough.

**Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor, and my advice isn't meant to take the place of seeking advice from a doctor. I'm a Certified Personal Trainer and Exercise Specialist with a few certs and degrees and I work with frustrated, overweight clients on a daily basis. You are very far from alone in the levels of frustration you are feeling right now.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options

It is not a myth

Hello my name is

Dances with Wow..

although most of the earth has to flat advocates struggle with thinking they are not the gods who control detsiny with counting..

The raeson why calories in versus calories out is a failed system conguered up becaus ethe scientst who developed hit have no understanding of cause and effect on the human psyche or they do and it was intentional..

Lipolytic enzymes..

Why deal in hindsight?

If I am
    please send your email..

Son, you just went full potato
  • AdaVanderlyle
    AdaVanderlyle Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    Son, you just went full potato
    [/quote]

Oh my, this is getting better by the minute... *pulls up a chair, opens up a beer*
  • theJTfitness
    theJTfitness Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    In on "DancesWithWow shows us how to unleash our life force" thread.

This is good stuff.
  • LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Just to clarify. Scarecrow whatever..is not the OP. The OP has yet to make a reappearance. Typical.
  • jadethief
    jadethief Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I haven't not had a single soda since May 22nd! I thought this would be a great thing to cut out. I would only drink real Coke not the diet ones and I was having at least 6, 12oz cans a day some days more! I have not lost a single pound! I thought by cutting out soda I would at least lose a few! Any ideas??

OP, it seems that your thread has been hijacked.

So, back to your post. I would suggest logging everything you are eating and drinking and see what your calorie intake is. If you'll give some additional info such as height, weight, age, calorie goal etc that will help people to help you. If you are logging, open your diary. Often a second, or thirty, sets of eyes can spot things you might be missing.
  • AnxiousPenman
    AnxiousPenman Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    @DancesWithWow

WTF are you talking about?

You do realize that tons of folks plot out their meals in their tracker, like days or weeks in advance, correct? And actually do "Planned Breaks"?

But, ****, that totally decimates your "100% of you CICO people are all about hind-sight. Fail!" concept.

Sorry about ruining your day.
  • Supertact
    Supertact Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I am still waiting for the answer to my question.

You serious? lol
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options

Hello my name is

Dances with Wow..

although most of the earth has to flat advocates struggle with thinking they are not the gods who control destiny with counting..

The reason why calories in versus calories out is a failed system conjured up to deal with behavior is because the scientist who developed the idea have no understanding of cause and effect on the human psyche, or the deeper mechanisms governing hormone creation and secretion or they do and it was intentional..

in depth hormone knowledge was not around when weight loss texts were being written

hormone research is still in its infancy..ever heard of bio identical hormone..ah less than 10 years old and only the rich can or those with awesome insurance can afford hormone treatment

HELLO!.

Lipolytic enzymes..

Why deal in hindsight?

If I am
    please send your email..

am i supposed to read this wall of bullsh*t?
  • LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options

Hello my name is

Dances with Wow..

HELLO!.

Lipolytic enzymes..

Why deal in hindsight?

If I am
    please send your email..

am i supposed to read this wall of bullsh*t?

LOL! His profile page is just as long.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    In on "DancesWithWow shows us how to unleash our life force" thread.

This is good stuff.

Agreed.

When DancesWithWOW shows up things have really gone nuts...

He's "surreal and mythological" about weight loss, don't you know?
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

I love correlation and causation!

Ice cream consumption leads to murder -
    ircx4JP.jpg

Mexican Lemon Imports Reduce Highway Deaths
    gXafZru.jpg