Looking for a detox/cleanse?

Options

Replies

• mrsmilby112
    mrsmilby112 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Instead of detoxing, why not try a system that repairs your metabolism? I am a mom of very two active boys who had no energy. After starting this program, I am losing weight and have more energy for my boys. This system even helps with stabilizing blood sugar and curbs your appetite without starvation.
  • errollmaclean
    errollmaclean Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Science for the win :)
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,051 Member
    Options
    Instead of detoxing, why not try a system that repairs your metabolism? I am a mom of very two active boys who had no energy. After starting this program, I am losing weight and have more energy for my boys. This system even helps with stabilizing blood sugar and curbs your appetite without starvation.

But doesn't mention what the program is.

Hmmmm.

Must be totally legit :laugh:
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

Hmmmm.

I think it did, but got edited, she posted it in a few other places and her posts got deleted. Just another salesman.
  • s_pekz
    s_pekz Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    bump
  • paperpudding
    Options

Hmmmm.

I think it did, but got edited, she posted it in a few other places and her posts got deleted. Just another salesman.

Ahh, ok.

I wondered what the point of spam without details was.

I used to be on another forum and any such links got replaced with "advertising link removed by mods" - so readers could see what had happened.
  • daisyduke40
    daisyduke40 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

Does anyone know the total rapid body cleanse?
    I was think of doing it for 7 days. I need recommendations
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

Hi. Did you bother to read the original post in this thread or did you just read the title?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

1. Go to page 1
    2. Read
    3. Repeat until understanding occurs.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

Could you tell us what it is about this cleanse that you think makes it different than those that the first post in this thread addresses?
  • daisyduke40
    daisyduke40 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I just asked a question. No need to address this way. BTW I did read it and yes I totally understand all I did was ask a simply questions.

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I just asked a question. No need to address this way. BTW I did read it and yes I totally understand all I did was ask a simply questions.

If you read the original post, do you disagree with it?

That's fine if you do, but I'd be curious why?

It would appear that you disagree with it because after you read the post, you then asked for recommendations for a particular detox/cleanse.
  • ruthstricklen
    ruthstricklen Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey MFPers.

With the rapid increase of new users there are many posts coming up asking for detox recommendations. I figured this would be a good time to provide some links explaining why you generally don't need to detox or cleanse.

Your body is readily equipped to handle toxins and in the event it cannot, you're in far greater need of medical attention than you are of any particular beverage or liquid diet.

For purposes of weight loss, you're essentially choosing to replace food with liquid calories (depending on the cleanse, but most fall under this category) resulting in what usually amounts to a VLCD. This isn't typically a good idea for a variety of reasons (mood, hunger signaling, skeletal muscle maintenance, performance) and moreover it represents yet another short-cut attempt rather than establishing proper habits.

The intent of my post isn't to insult anyone who comes here with the misinformed belief that they should detox/cleanse. The purpose is to provide information to hopefully save someone the wasted time, money, and potential ill health effects, not to mention the likely weight regain.

Please read the following links:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/821828-detoxes-and-cleanses
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/927327-cleanse-why-you-are-lucky-they-don-t-work
    http://www.burnthefatinnercircle.com/members/colon-cleansing-scam.cfm
    http://www.biolayne.com/nutrition/detox-diet-scams-and-product-scams-get-called-out-by-real-scientists/
    http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/fashionable-toxins/
    http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/toxins-the-new-evil-humours/
    http://theness.com/neurologicablog/index.php/the-detox-scam/
    http://sciencebasedpharmacy.wordpress.com/2013/01/04/the-detox-delusion/
  • ruthstricklen
    ruthstricklen Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I use AdvoCare Herbal Cleanse. It works wonderful. good and easy, no explosions...LOL!
  • paperpudding
    Options
    Stickying this post may be having the opposite effect to which it was intended...

Yes. As evidenced by post above.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I use AdvoCare Herbal Cleanse. It works wonderful. good and easy, no explosions...LOL!

*headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk*
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options

*headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk*

Haha I'm sure there's a gif for this!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

headdesk.gif.gif
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options

headdesk.gif.gif

1037193.gif
  • lizzyclatworthy
    lizzyclatworthy Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Late to the party as usual but I love this thread and mfp because I can question cleansing without a **** storm and defriending occurring.