What is a "reasonable bedtime" to you?

Options

Replies

• ckeachie
    ckeachie Posts: 26
    Options
    wow, I feel like a baby haha… I aim to be in bed by 9:30-10ish…. and am up at 5:30-6ish to workout before my daughter wakes up. Right now it's 11pm, but I had a nap after she went to bed at 7 lol (migraine nap- it was mandatory!)
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    11:00pm! I'd be asleep by midnight for sure and I would get at least 7 hours of sleep. I usually end up in bed around midnight though because I don't get home until 11 on weeknights.
  • Rochester_mom
    Rochester_mom Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Anywhere from 9:45-10:30 pm is a reasonable for me. I'm up by 6 am every morning.
  • StarsAreMyOcean
    Options
    Reasonable would be 9-10pm.

Reality is around 1-2am.
  • Soggynode
    Soggynode Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    8 in the winter, 10 in the summer
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    1 AM
  • meyowtime
    meyowtime Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    If I could somehow compress more sleep into the time before I have to get up for work, I would go to bed at 2am or 3am everyday. As it is, "reasonable" for me is 11pm or 12am.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    I have very disrupted sleep due to the fact that I do not go into deep REM. I also have insomnia. I would like to be asleep by midnight but most nights I am awake until 2AM or later.
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    Wow, I couldn't handle the hours most of you keep. I need lots of sleep. So bed at around 9.30-10pm and up at 7.30-8am. I should make a note here saying it takes me a couple of hours to fall asleep regardless of what time I go to bed and it always has. I've tried living on six hours sleep, eight hours sleep, but have found I'm happiest and function best with about nine.
  • kezzola
    kezzola Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Midnight
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    For me, depends on the upcoming day/life circumstances.

I generally would just take into account what time I needed to be up in the morning for work or whatever and go to bed no later than 8 hours prior to that time. (Never any later than 11 cause my daughter gets up at 7)

Since having a baby though - there is no such thing as bedtime and I really don't even sleep anymore.
  • parkparksarah
    Options
    For me its 9-10pm...
    I usually get sleepy around 10pm and i think my body adapted that sleeping time of mine
  • tanzmitpalmer
    tanzmitpalmer Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Back in the day, it'd be about 11PM.

Now that I'm working night shift? 9AM. Blargh. I miss being on day shift :(
  • __hannah_
    __hannah_ Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Midnight is reasonable if you don't have to get up until 9am
  • LaurenBrooke1843
    LaurenBrooke1843 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I like to be in bed by 10, asleep by 10:30. I'm an old lady lol ;)
  • stuart160
    stuart160 Posts: 1,628 Member
    Options
    Depends on who I am in bed with
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    11 pm
  • k1ttyk1tty
    k1ttyk1tty Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend has graveyard shift and works 10pm-8am most nights and I work at home. So, I'm all over the place. It's a good day if I've slept for 5 consecutive hours.
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Preferably if I can be in bed before 1-2am that's great but realistically I'm happy if its before sunrise. :grumble:
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Just before sunrise. Seriously. I work nights. If the sun is still down, it's easier for me to fall asleep. This, of course, only works on my nights off, because I get home around 7:15am on work nights.