The best things about being single

Options

Replies

• john44111
    john44111 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hmm.. been married 20 years been with her for over 25.

I read through the first two pages of "Things you can do when you are single"

and Ive done all those things in the past 25 years.

Guess you just need to pick better.

Grapes in bed at noon.. (ok.. why not watch TV too - Done that)
    Sharing food? lol
    Take a picture at 5am of the sunrise? (Done that too by myself. She wasnt an issue)

The only way Ive been restricted is my wife wont let me buy a new Jeep Wrangler

we own both of our cars and they are paid off and in perfect mechanical shape. (She is right Im the impulsive one and buying something new would be ignorant right now.)

Maybe if I hit under 200 lbs the wrangler becomes the prize.

Hmmm.. I like the sound of that.
  • Sparky1030
    Sparky1030 Posts: 163
    Options
    I love being single since I lived with my parents (uggg) until I was in my late 40's. I did home health care for both of them and listened to them fight all of the time. I was in a relationship in my early 20's with a man who I thought was genuine, loving and passionate. He asked me to marry him; he was divorced and had two very spoiled daughters. We ended up buying each other wedding bands and decided to wait until the time was right. I ended up in the hospital having my gall bladder removed and he sent me two dozen red roses in a crystal vase. They were beautiful, but in the mean time I found out he had been sleeping with his ex-wife the whole time he was dating me. He lived about 5 hours from me; how convenient. Needless to say he was wearing the roses and crystal vase when he came to see me. I guess I lost trust in men after that and being overweight didn't help. I built a shell around me thinking I could protect myself from getting into another bad relationship; all if brought me was more health issues and bigger clothes. Wasn't a good move on my part. I'm in the process of changing how I feel and look!

Now, I'm liking my freedom; nobody tells me when & how to do anything and I'm fine with that. I moved away from my hometown where most of my siblings live and it was the best thing I ever did. Who knows what the future will bring. :happy:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I love being single since I lived with my parents (uggg) until I was in my late 40's. I did home health care for both of them and listened to them fight all of the time. I was in a relationship in my early 20's with a man who I thought was genuine, loving and passionate. He asked me to marry him; he was divorced and had two very spoiled daughters. We ended up buying each other wedding bands and decided to wait until the time was right. I ended up in the hospital having my gall bladder removed and he sent me two dozen red roses in a crystal vase. They were beautiful, but in the mean time I found out he had been sleeping with his ex-wife the whole time he was dating me. He lived about 5 hours from me; how convenient. Needless to say he was wearing the roses and crystal vase when he came to see me. I guess I lost trust in men after that and being overweight didn't help. I built a shell around me thinking I could protect myself from getting into another bad relationship; all if brought me was more health issues and bigger clothes. Wasn't a good move on my part. I'm in the process of changing how I feel and look!

Now, I'm liking my freedom; nobody tells me when & how to do anything and I'm fine with that. I moved away from my hometown where most of my siblings live and it was the best thing I ever did. Who knows what the future will bring. :happy:

Whoa! :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    A big bed to yourself.

I'm doing it wrong, I still sleep on "my" side!

Yea, me too! I try really hard to take up both sides (start out in the middle of the bed), but when I wake up I'm curled up on the side :laugh:
  • brainsndbeauty
    brainsndbeauty Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Going where ever the f___ i want when ever the f ___ i want to !!!!

And not sharing all my STUFF!!!!!
  • GreyGal
    GreyGal Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Everyone looks at the negative side?

The best thing about it is the freedom of being able to decide on the right partner and prepare yourself for a wonderful life together. Obviously I'm happy to not be single although I was a hard core bachelor all my life.

Seriously!

This!! I enjoyed being with my ex. And I enjoy my alone time. I am fully taking advantage of having time to myself right now... and if it is to happen again, I will fully enjoy having someone in my life again :)
  • LifeOfBrian78
    LifeOfBrian78 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • whovian67
    whovian67 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    more time to focus on myself (which sounds selfish but im at a point in my life where i need it), and motivation to get into shape. just wasnt there in a relationship, me and my ex were in total couples coma

There are so many things that are way cool.. like not having to act interested in the most trivial BS facts that were a constant bone of contention :) I can go anywhere.. anytime I want...
  • smashy_smashy
    smashy_smashy Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    It can be nice being in a couple, but dear lord I love having my bed all to myself and being able to make decisions about things like what to have for dinner, what movie to watch, what tv show to watch, how much money I spend, etc. without having to consult with another person first! It is awesome. Of course, I blame myself for choosing the wrong guys. Most of my past relationships have been pretty similar to raising a teenager even though most of them have been my same age or older.

Yes!! I think that sums it up nicely for me, too. I've dated lots of emotionally/mentally immature guys and it's really draining.
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Doing whatever you want, whenever you want. If you decide to go grocery shopping at midnight, so be it. If you want jump in the car and head to Memphis, Nashville or St Louis for the weekend with no notice, so be it. Go to a midnight movie 30 miles away on the spur of the moment, no problem.
    Stay in pajamas all day and do absolutely nothing on your day off, no problem. No one there to care or ask if you are gonna do something today. It's all good. :tongue:

I am in a relationship and we live together, but since he is a OTR truck driver he is gone all week so I pretty much do whatever I want all week long. Of course I have my daughter to consider, but I still am able to do most things within reason. I'm still known to clean the house and do laundry at 3am, stay up all night and watch movies, live all week on grilled cheeses or ramen noodles or whatever strikes my fancy, etc.
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    No break ups
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    My hand never has a head ache.
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    You can moan about being single :laugh:
  • Bri_Becq
    Bri_Becq Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    shouldn't you be able to buy or do everything when you are involved? man I would want to stay single if that's the type of relationships you guys go through LOL

haha.. this silly word: compromise.
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Best thing about being single? Not a damn thing.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    No more restraining orders.
  • jmt08c
    jmt08c Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    My bank account doubled overnight.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    No more stupid questions about that trunk in the attic.
  • az_marcos
    az_marcos Posts: 184
    Options
    Get to sleep around!
  • lemurcatta85
    Options
    All the money I earn is MINE and not supporting anyone else.
    Learning self reliance.
    Living alone, and never wearing pants.
    Spontaneous trips.

I was in LTRs pretty much back-to-back for the past 11 years (and I'm only 25) so it's less about who I was dating than the fact I have never been alone!