1 year journey 141.2 pounds lost with picture

Options
Hi, I am Angela I am 35 years old. I am married with no children and started this loss journey this time weighing in at 370 pounds on July 6th, 2013. When I weighed in July 2, 2014, I had lost 141.8 pounds, weighing in at 228.8pounds. This is not the first time I have lost that amount it is the second. I have been heavy for most of my life. Even as a teenager, I was overweight, battled with my weight. In August of 2004, I started a very restrictive diet after I had found that I weighed 367 pounds I had lost all that weight and got down to 160-165 pounds, which according to the charts I was still about 5-10 pounds overweight, but I felt great, and kept eating the same things I was doing before but adding a little more food with each meal and kept it off until September 2010 when I started having gallbladder problems and couldn’t eat vegetables and I was also having problems. I had gallbladder surgery, I became anemic, my iron was extremely low, and I was diagnosed with PCOS, all within a couple months of each other. I let all of that get to me and started turning to food again. I became depressed and battle with depression, which made me eat more because I was depressed with in turn made me more depressed. In August of 2011, I moved from Iowa to Connecticut, which was extremely hard on me leaving all of my friends and family behind and moving in with my husband’s family. I had to depend on what they were buying for food to eat, so I gained even more weight, and started having problems with my iron and PCOS really bad again, in and out of doctors and blood work, a cancer scare which turned out negative, which I coped with even more food. I was diagnosed with Endometriosis. Beginning of December of 2012 I was having problems with my back, thinking I slept wrong. After about a week, I got to the point that I couldn’t get out of bed, went to the emergency room and after x-rays and everything I was diagnosed with spondylolisthesis which for those that don’t know what is, it is discs out of place in my back, I had to rest for quite awhile so I wouldn’t reinjure it and have it require surgery. In July of 2013, I decided enough was enough; I had enough back problems, feeling sorry for myself. I was tired of getting sick every day for an entire month because all I mainly ate was processed garbage. I was tired of being out of breath after walking down the street. I had enough, and started watching what I ate, started with my fitness pal in July 20, 2013 and after a month or so I quickly got friends on here to support me and joined Dietbet to keep myself accountable. The other day at the doctors office I was told that my blood pressure was perfect which when I started I had high blood pressure. After doing all that in 1 year I can’t wait to see what this coming year will bring. I have about 75 pounds more to lose and that will put me about 150-155. Which would be a good weight for me as I am 5’9 ½”
Today to celebrate my 1 year weight loss journey I went to the gym and did a 6-mile walk, which I didn’t think was possible when I started but I continue to amaze myself all the time. I completed it in an hour and 35 minutes. I have completed three 5ks this year and have a fun run in a couple of weeks. I have a goal of completing a half marathon in April. Sorry for this long post and I wanted to let everyone know if you are struggling out there, keep at it, you can do it and you are worth it.

Picture of me at me right before I started weighing 370 pounds on July 7th, 2013, wearing size 28 tight
IMG_0034_zps2a2406b2.jpg

Picture taken today July 6, 2014 wearing size 16 pants and top
CIMG0521_zps6365f16b.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!