Gold's Gym Waist Trimmer Belt....Does it really work?

Options
124»

Replies

• floridaslp
    Options
    I've only read a few comments that addressed this BUT the belt can indirectly help you burn calories as it helps you keep your ab muscles engaged. Engaging your core helps burn calories and improve posture. I like the one that has the lumbar support and insert for a compress.
  • VitaminAmy
    VitaminAmy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    You sweat more around your waist... so the only thing you're losing is water weight. You'll get it right back as soon as you rehydrate, it's not a long term thing.
  • caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Probably as well as the corset did in the 1800s
  • riadhdeb
    riadhdeb Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Try eating broccoli instead
  • GainsCity
    Options
    There is no way to spot reduce fat. It increases circulation and makes you sweat, but that's about it. Your waistline is a direct reflection of your nutrition.
  • MsCricket22
    Options
    I own this belt, and after reading all of the responses to this post, I didn't see where anyone mentioned one of the greatest benefits to sweating and that is DETOXIFICATION! I am a huge advocate for raw whole foods and detoxifying the body through diet and exercise, and sweating is essential in purging toxins. I know so many people are focused on weight loss and looking sexy, but there are amazing benefits to sweating that you can't see on the outside. You have to work on making the inside sexy too! :happy: All this hard work we do to take care of the outside of our bodies is worthless if the inside is toxic and diseased. So, even though you can't see results from this belt, it is definitely working to make you healthier.

Good luck to all of you who are working so hard and sacrificing to be a better you!
  • Maxhed01
    Maxhed01 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    For 4.95 it would have to be awful bad to not be worth that! If nothing else, it will give you support for your back.
  • marriedwoman305
    marriedwoman305 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I wore this belt and lost 42 lbs. My starting weight was 283 lbs now I'm 240 lbs. I look smaller. I love this belt, its worth the money.
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    NOOOOOO!!!!! i wanted a flat stomach i went and invested time in exercise money in a food scale and intelligence calculating what to eat and what do you know its working!!!
  • jmaidan
    jmaidan Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I used to use this method when cutting weight for martial arts. All you loose is water weight, no fat. You do look more toned etc but it will definitely come back. Also you are dehydrating yourself to get this effect which is of course, bad for you!

If you want to do this on the cheap, cut arm and head holes in a trash bag, layer some sweaters over the top and go do some cardio. You will need to cut your fluid intake too.

To be clear, this is real bad for you and I don't recommend it to anyone except athletes trying to make weight. Even then only do it for a couple of days pre competition.

Don't do it!

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    2012 Thread