5'4-5'5 women goal weight

Options

Replies

• Smoofalz
    Smoofalz Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5'5. My starting weight was at 240 (highest its ever been :( ) I'm starting off with a smaller goal of losing about 50 pounds. Just getting under 200 would be an awesome start for me! My BMI suggest I should be at around 130..but that seems too low to me since I know I have a big bone structure.. I think closer to 150 might be more appropriate, so that's where I'm setting my overall goal, but we'll see when I get there :) Whatever your goal weights are, good luck to you all!
  • TutuMom41
    TutuMom41 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    130 is a good weight for your height. Smaller goals is a great way to go about it but I am 128 and 5.5 1/2
  • TutuMom41
    TutuMom41 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5'5. My starting weight was at 240 (highest its ever been :( ) I'm starting off with a smaller goal of losing about 50 pounds. Just getting under 200 would be an awesome start for me! My BMI suggest I should be at around 130..but that seems too low to me since I know I have a big bone structure.. I think closer to 150 might be more appropriate, so that's where I'm setting my overall goal, but we'll see when I get there :) Whatever your goal weights are, good luck to you all!

Small goals is a good way to go. I was 330 and I said I would be so happy under 200. I got to 200 and I wanted to not wear plus size cloths. I got to the point where I could shop off the rack and then I wanted a BMI that was not considered over weight. My goals kept adjusting along my journey. I have kept the weight off 12 years. :)
  • scb515
    scb515 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    My initial goal is 147 lb, because that should take me to a BMI of 25 and thus make me "a healthy weight". I'm about 1.5 lb off! So getting there soon.

Once I hit goal, anything further is a bonus. I don't think I'll ever have a BMI close to 20, but maintaining just below 25 would keep me content.
  • ejking2
    ejking2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and 177 lbs, down from 210! My goal is around 125-135 lbs, but more importantly, around 20% body fat and measurements as close to 36-24-36 as I can get.
  • hylgh
    hylgh Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Also about 130lbs! Currently about 180
  • tabithaduarte
    tabithaduarte Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    right now im 224 my smallest ive ever been (as a adult anyway) was 175 pounds my goal weight is between 125-135 pounds. im 5'5. its really about what u are happy with. if u get to 150 and u r feeling good about yourself at that weight and like your body then 150 is for u but if u get to 150 and u r not satisfied just keep loosing until u r conten...
    for our height i dont think we would be healthy looking at below 120 but idk cuz ive never seen it on myself lol
  • 1crvygrl
    1crvygrl Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and near my heaviest now at 200.8 (was 204) my goal is in the 135-145 range but will reevaluate as I get closer. 29 years ago I was 117 lbs a year after the birth of my 4th and final child but now at 51 y.o. I don't look to ever see that number again and probably wouldn't look good at that weight anymore. I'd just to like to like the way my clothes feel and fit and to have more energy.
  • marilyngalvin
    Options
    I'm at 5'4", I'm currently at 160 and my goal weight is 140. Ideally, I'd like to be at 125 but I would be happy at 140.
  • back2twentyfive
    back2twentyfive Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3+3/4" with a small frame. Throughout my twenties, I weighed 118-125. Between not losing the 20 lbs. I gained after giving birth and then continuing to eat as much as and whatever I wanted for many years afterwards, I recently started this trek at 195 lbs. I am very motivated to get back to 118 lbs. because I felt great and the most energetic at that weight.
  • Leanne3552000
    Leanne3552000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and my ultimate goal is to be 115- 120 because that was my normal weight before I started gaining. I'd probably be happy with anything under 125 though
  • 53welshlady
    53welshlady Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    60 years old - currently 125lb aiming for about 115 - 117 or whenever the fat around my middle disappears! Hourglass shape with large boobs but small frame. Been doing heavy weight training so muscles are becoming quite defined again.

I was 150 lbs when I started - the heaviest I've ever been - and it was not a good look. - I was just a fat blob, with most of the fat around my middle. So to the lady who thinks that it is a good weight - well, it might be for you, but it doesn't work for me. I felt and looked awful, and was really starting to feel like an old woman. I didn't like it one bit.

At the end of the day I may not lose any more weight as I have been upping the weights, but I'll keep on with what I'm doing until the last fatty bits go!! In terms of dress sizes. I'm a UK 12 -14 top and an 8 or 10 bottom. 10 is a bit big, and 8 quite tight so I'm inbetween!
  • TIUClare
    TIUClare Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Interesting thread. I would love to get down to 112 that is just a number that I have set my mind on but I don't know if it is realistic until I get down there... Given my propensity to get hung up on the number, I am only weighing once a month. I would like to be down to 196lbs by Christmas this year.
  • hill1angel
    hill1angel Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I want my goal to be at 140 for now that is 26lbs lighter than what I am now... How do you start your morning. and what do you think about Greek yogurt every day?
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    5'4", goal 127 to 132. I'm a size 8, but notice that recently I've been losing inches and wear a small in my tops although I haven't lost any boob size. ;-) and I tried on a size 6 pair of pants at the Gap last night and the waist was super big.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5', 37. My starting weight was at 234 and I am now at 162. I like what I see in the mirror, I like the fact that I wear size 6's and jr 9's. My hubbie likes what he sees as well so this has influenced me to change my original goal of 135 to 145 or 150. I really at this point just want to work on building muscles and toning up more. I set my goal to 145 but 150 is perfectly okay with me too.
  • jenswan70
    jenswan70 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and 44 years old. My goal weight is around 150. I could go lower depending on how my face looks. I tend to carry all my weight in my hips, thighs, and butt. My face and chest have a tendency to look old and bony.
  • ashcat94
    ashcat94 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Im 5'4" and my goal weight is 133lbs (60kg). I was my heaviest around 154lbs but am now at 143lbs :)
  • SeattleRaven
    Options
    I'm more focused eating right and being more active after a couple years of poor health, rather than on weight/speed of loss. But I do want to lose 20 more lbs, to get below 150. Ideal is probably 135/size 10, but I will revisit when I get to 150.

I have broad shoulders and pelvis, so it's really hard for me to get below a size 10.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    5'5 and GW is 130, currently weigh 141 lbs.