Official "Get Friends" Thread

Options

Replies

• jlosesit
    jlosesit Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi... today is the first day of the last time I'm going to do this! (I just mean I need to do this and do it right!) Ideal loss goal is about 60 pounds... 50 is what I am shooting for, and 30 will make me not feel like a total failure. I would love to get some friends for motivation, encouragement, and reality checks. Determined to make my 40's be "fit" instead of "fat".
  • sorayathegreat
    sorayathegreat Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Soraya (rhymes with mariah). I'm 5'2" I started muay thai about a year and a half ago with a personal trainer who is a fighter. I did gain muscle and inch loss, but no scale change...maybe 4 lbs. I fired her about 3 weeks ago, and I have fallen off the wagon...no training.. poor diet..etc. I have about 9lbs to hit my goal. I need some help to stay on track. My birthday is in 2 weeks. I wouldn't mind dropping a size before then ;)
  • gerle1
    gerle1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello,

My name is Christen but go by gerle1 here. I am 41 soon to be 42. This is my first time here, but not new to wanting to live a healthier life. Been a yoyo my whole life when it comes to weight. I lost 60 pounds but found about 20 pounds again. On my way to shaking it off before it brings friends. Feel free to add me as a friend if you wish.
  • 13Elimin8
    13Elimin8 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Anyone can feel free to add me for support or friendship or whatever you need on here.
  • HeraMully
    HeraMully Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi - Starting this week . . .just wanted to see if there was anyone local about. . .Delaware or tristate area. Not that all friends not welcome. I am just shy about this.
  • chad_phillips1123
    chad_phillips1123 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'm Chad. I've been on MFP and working on my new lifestyle for just over a year now! Always glad to have new friends to motivate and love to help when I can! Feel free to add me.
  • jjd326
    jjd326 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm Jim. Not new to MFP; I've been here about a year. I had a lot of success early, but I have been stalled for several months now. I need to get things going in the right direction again and I have a few great motivators on here but most of my MFP friends have become inactive. I'm looking for others to keep me motivated and I will try to do the same for you.
  • SheBeButLittleSheisFierce
    Options
    I joined a month ago. I've lost 30lb since i started with my trainer in december. I have used this to help me build a better eating habit. I have 87lb more to go. Anyone may add me. :) Any encouragement will help.
  • PrincessPeach30
    PrincessPeach30 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi there!!
    I'm from British Columbia, Canada. 28 years old. Looking for friends that are female and male to socialize with on this journey!
    I am 15lbs heavier than I was this time last year and looking to lose weight in fun and adventurous ways now that I live in BC. Come dance with me! :)
  • accelerashawn
    accelerashawn Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I need friends! I want my news feed packed! I'll put a few things up on yours in return...
  • jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    My name is Jamie and I'd love some more friends! Anyone feel free to add me, I'm around a lot and happy to provide encouragement! :)
  • fayesascade
    fayesascade Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi My name is Faye I'm 26 years old and from North Wales.
    I'm fairly new to MFP would love some friends to share this journey with I have 50lbs to loose and support would be very grateful :)
    Decided to keep my dairy open and will log every day (if I can :smile:)
    Please add me :smile:
  • NewGirlThatsMe
    NewGirlThatsMe Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am Mary,,,,, looking for more MFP buddies....love chit chatting with people, laughing, being silly. I am contstantly checking in when work and fam doesn't get in the way....add me!
  • rhonda6374
    rhonda6374 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I was on MFP under a different name for a few months and lost 20 pounds. I started/stopped for a few months but am ready to lose some more weight. I don't always log, but I will login most days and track my exercise. anyone can friend me if they like.
  • karaokewife
    Options
    Hi! I'm looking for fitness friends to help keep me motivated.

I lost 60 pounds two years ago and have started to see it creep back. My goal is to lose ten pounds and, with support, keep it off.

My diary is open to friends. Though I'm new-ish I plan to log daily.
  • goldmay
    goldmay Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I've been on here for a while but I'm hoping I can learn some things from other people and maybe I can help motivate others as well. :smile: I'm 24, 5'5 with a goal weight of around 125-135.
  • BlancoCaballo
    Options
    Hi all,
    I'm new on here. Not quite sure how the site works fully, and want to learn. I'm trying to track my diet better, and I have this site tied into my fitbit personal tracking device now.

I was at almost 240 lbs last December. Started walking and tracking activity with the fitbit in January. Got down to 220 and plateaued. About 4 weeks ago, I started eating more healthy, and incorporated weight training - and man I am burning calories like crazy now. Down to 206, and my goal is 200, I hope within 3 - 4 more weeks. Starting to get my body back from my mid 20's days :)

So anybody who's into diet tracking, exercising, walking /running... You can friend me. Hopefully we can share some good tips and ideas to staying fit.

Thanks!
  • BlueStarBoi
    BlueStarBoi Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    32 yrs old here from ohio. New to this sight need want to lose 65 pounds. Up for making some friends
  • pmsherlock
    pmsherlock Posts: 56
    Options
    I'm in the UK, Maidstone, Kent to be precise.

Happy to add or accept anyone to my diary.

I've lost over 100lbs so far but I'm more interested in getting body fat down to 15%, I'm currently around 23%
  • villegas858
    Options
    Hello everyone! Just started this about a month ago and it has been a life-altering event. Trying to loose 20 lbs. and so far iv'e lost 10lb! Add me and I'll add you too!