Food to get the bowels working again

Options
124»

Replies

• freemystery
    freemystery Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Backing up anybody who has said Fluids, Fibre and Fat!

I can get really sluggish and I generally think I'm doing ok... I have to actually scrutinize and log and most of the time I realise it's that I'm not getting enough of those three things somewhere.

Prunes in black tea. Weirdest suggestion in the world. From a lady who worked at a checkout no less... yeah that was a weird encounter. But it works! and doesn't taste as weird as you'd imagine, google some recipes if you're curious!
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Papaya.

Or more specifically....papaya extract.
    It comes in a chewable tablet form and can be bought at the vitamin store.

It's been a god send for my daughter when she's gotten constipated.
    It's natural; so easy on the tummy.
  • ColeCake292012
    ColeCake292012 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Drinking water, a cup or two of coffee and exercise all get those bowels moving pretty efficiently for me. o_O

Prunes, too! My mother used to holler at me when I was a kid because I'd eat those things like candy.
  • emily356
    emily356 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Get yourself some high potency magnesium. I can highly recommend Cabot Health Magnesium powder if you live in Australia. You can get it from Chemist Warehouse.
    This, this, and this!!! Changed my life!!! I think I have tried everything that all of these awesome people have recommended to no avail. I have been to the Dr. and been told I have a slow gut or some such... anyway, Magnesium every single day. Start with one a day, and if it doesn't work, start taking more. I take three per day.:)
  • DianneP6772
    DianneP6772 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Water
    Coffee
    Oatmeal - everyday
    Blueberries

Try these - it will work!
  • AmyMalley77
    AmyMalley77 Posts: 72 Member
    Options

There's some tea a friend of mine loves to use for days like that called Smooth Move - I think you can find it pretty much anywhere that sells teas.

They have Smooth Move tea at Target or Walmart in the tea/coffee aisle. When my aunt was visiting recently, we walked by a display and she nudged me and said, "Just in case you ever need to know, that Smooth Move tea works fantastic!" Haha!
  • nomorebingesgirl2014
    nomorebingesgirl2014 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Ground flax seed. I add it to my peanut butter and oatmeal bars and also my shakes...works like a charm.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    an apple a day or apple sauce a day....seriously, it what makes babies poop