cardio acceleration

Options

Replies

• Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    I don't do any other exercises other than the Hawaii Chair.

be careful man, don't hurt yourself. definetly take a day off inbetween

I can do at least 3 hours on the chair, i can sit way more intensley then you

pfftt.... That's nothing. I did 4 hours on the beach chair in Florida a couple of weeks ago.
    Now try doing arm curls with 16 oz of Miller Lite at the same time and I can scratch my butt at 20 revolutions per minute in between sets. And I didn't even stop to reapply sun tan lotion.

Now beat that.
  • LotusAsh
    LotusAsh Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    debate=/= angry.

?
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

no one said anything about them being crap, calm the **** down

debate does not mean i'm angry.
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I read a fascinating article about HIIT when it was first being introduced, long before it was brought in as a mainstream form of exercise. Do you know what it was origionally created for? It was for intermediate/competitive athletes to make large improvements over their already extremely high levels of performance. The article stressed multiple times that IT IS NOT FOR BEGINNERS or anyone who are not at a competitive level of fitness. The athletes who introduced it into their regimine made massive gains in performance. however, it is extremely taxing on the body and a high risk form of exercise.

Now, it's "Go HIIT or Go Home!" Then people are getting injured. Shocker.

Exactly!!!
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    I read a fascinating article about HIIT when it was first being introduced, long before it was brought in as a mainstream form of exercise. Do you know what it was origionally created for? It was for intermediate/competitive athletes to make large improvements over their already extremely high levels of performance. The article stressed multiple times that IT IS NOT FOR BEGINNERS or anyone who are not at a competitive level of fitness. The athletes who introduced it into their regimine made massive gains in performance. however, it is extremely taxing on the body and a high risk form of exercise.

Exactly!!!

Slow steady cardio also has there cons too.

The debate should be cardio acceleration vs HIIT.
  • Sirinya55
    Sirinya55 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    What does my picture say about my fitness level?
  • Sirinya55
    Sirinya55 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    OP What does YOUR picture say about your fitness level?
  • Vaibhav_ace
    Vaibhav_ace Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    People... Always trying to get the maximum results with the minium effort.

Do you know what cardio acceleration is because I know 100% you could not do it to my intensity. MINIMUM EFFORT. Why workout for two hours when you can workout for a hour at higher intensity which raises metabolism more?

You must have some unusual talent if you know 100% I could not do it.

You should trademark this: Judging people fitness level by an internet forum thread answer!

I did not use the forums just so you know. Also as for seeing if you could workout at my intensity level. I do not know if you jump rope but if you do can you jump rope at 60 revolutions in 20 seconds?

This is Ludicrous! 60 revs in 20 seconds ... check... actually I just did 63 in 20 seconds (took a couple attempts to be honest).... and I am currently 30+ lbs overweight, and at my physical worst. But in past I have been trained for skipping rope (used to box competitively in high school).

Not to sound rude, your analysis of fitness doesn't even scratch the surface! Please formulate a better counter point!
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    It says I am seeing more and more definition from minimal muscle loss and lots of fat loss. Also says a lot of people are really bad at guess my weight.
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options

Exactly!!!

Here is something to consider that will really blow your mind. HIIT by definition is High Intensity Interval Training typically something like, 2 minutes on 30 seconds off or something like that to get your heart rate up into zone 4 or close to vo2 max then drop down into zone 2-3 rinse and repeat for 20 minutes or less. Cardio acceleration is high intensity training keeping your heart rate in the same zone (albeit likely higher than an off interval) for 15-20 minutes.

With that being said, wouldn't cardio acceleration be closer by definition to steady state cardio than HIIT? So you are kind of debating yourself as to what is better, because no one here has said one is better than the other.

right?
  • LotusAsh
    LotusAsh Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    It says I am seeing more and more definition from minimal muscle loss and lots of fat loss. Also says a lot of people are really bad at guess my weight.

just stop already, you aren't fitter than anyone or superior to anyone. get a life, get F***ed
  • yopeeps025
    Options

But in past I have been trained for skipping rope (used to box competitively in high school).

Not to sound rude, your analysis of fitness doesn't even scratch the surface! Please formulate a better counter point!

It's muscle memory.
    A lot of people don't think I can skip 20 revolutions in 20 seconds.
  • Vaibhav_ace
    Vaibhav_ace Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    It's muscle memory.

I am unsure how this extends your point any further. Just because others don't agree with your level of fitness does not mean you do the same, to addition unrelated people. Or does it?
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options

HIIT, or some form of it, has been around for at least 60 years. One of my favorite ironies is that the endurance exercise that the HIITites like to scorn so much, evolved primarily as an alternate to the HIIT training that was breaking down so many competitive distance runners.

If you look at the original Tabata study, not only were the fitness gains modest, but they occurred in the first two weeks of training and then leveled off.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    In... just, in.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options

Exactly!!!

Here is something to consider that will really blow your mind. HIIT by definition is High Intensity Interval Training typically something like, 2 minutes on 30 seconds off or something like that to get your heart rate up into zone 4 or close to vo2 max then drop down into zone 2-3 rinse and repeat for 20 minutes or less. Cardio acceleration is high intensity training keeping your heart rate in the same zone (albeit likely higher than an off interval) for 15-20 minutes.

With that being said, wouldn't cardio acceleration be closer by definition to steady state cardio than HIIT? So you are kind of debating yourself as to what is better, because no one here has said one is better than the other.

right?

Well, yeah, there is that. To be honest I don't think anyone is paying close attention to the details.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    It's muscle memory.

I am unsure how this extends your point any further. Just because others don't agree with your level of fitness does not mean you do the same, to addition unrelated people. Or does it?

I actually just proved the wrong point that you cannot judge a person looks to say there anything about fitness level since the diet can cancel out whatever fitness level the person has.

I was wrong and I apologize for that.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    ^ He has apologised before people continue to rage
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options

HIIT, or some form of it, has been around for at least 60 years. One of my favorite ironies is that the endurance exercise that the HIITites like to scorn so much, evolved primarily as an alternate to the HIIT training that was breaking down so many competitive distance runners.

If you look at the original Tabata study, not only were the fitness gains modest, but they occurred in the first two weeks of training and then leveled off.

That's some good, quality information. Food for thought. Thank you. :)

As for the HIIT vs endurance training: no one goes out and runs a marathon in a week. Any competitive athlete spends a solid 3 months every year doing low intensity, steady state exercise to build a base which to do the rest of their activities off of. Then they start building up the intensity until they peak a few months later, do their competitions, then they back off for a bit. Lather, rinse, repeat.

My point was that beginners jump into HIIT immediately, when they aren't ready to do it, and most end up injuring themselves. In reality, they should start with easy steady state, ramp up the effort over time, then work their way into HIIT.

As for cardio acceleration, there are hundreds of reasons why you shouldn't do cardio and weights at the same time: One being that cardio and resistance training release different hormones for each activity. Doing both simultaneously will be doing yourself a disfavour. Also, Strength training is anerobic. By forcing your heart rate to stay elevated will prevent your body from clearing out the lactic acid, which will reduce your efficiency while doing the cardio and the strength traiing, reducing the effectiveness of your workout.

When it comes to exercise, there are three extremely important things you need to follow, in order of importance: Rest, stretching, exercise.
  • CrusherKun
    CrusherKun Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    It's muscle memory.

I actually just proved the wrong point that you cannot judge a person looks to say there anything about fitness level since the diet can cancel out whatever fitness level the person has.

I was wrong and I apologize for that.

So what you are saying is that your fitness level is top notch but your diet is poor?

Well then your doing it wrong!