30 Day Shred Starting Monday, January 10th, 2011

Options

Replies

• Val_Gets_Fit
    Val_Gets_Fit Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I did not get a chance to do it yesterday but I did knock it out this morning. Felt good to have "me" time even though my 3 year-old joined in every now & then. He was so proud of himself!

Couple of questions:
    When are you supposed to move on to L2, or when do *you* plan to?
    Are you supposed to get through all 3 levels during the 30 days?

I had a couple more but now I forgot them... I'm sure they will come up again.

I'm planning on staying on L1 for 10 days. I think you're supposed to stay at each level for 10 days. However, if you feel like you're ready for more of a challenge, then there probably isnt' anything wrong with moving on to L2 in less than 10. I'm stll doing modified push-ups in L1 and feel like I need to build up a little more endurance so I'm staying for the 10 days. :smile:

I've also read that Jillian suggests going through all 3 Levels in 30 consecutive days, 10 days per level. However, again, it depends on the individual. I haven't felt like I need a rest day yet, but when I get to Level 2, I'm sure I'm going to need a few! :laugh:
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go easy on myself and let Level 1 have 10 days even though I feel ready to move on. The good thing is that the exercises I *hated* I hate much less as each day goes by, and it seems to take even less time to complete each day!
  • mnheather
    mnheather Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Finished L1D5 this mornig. With a few interruptions which made me start the darn thing over, I survived another round. :laugh: I am really finding it hard to do the floor work because my dogs think it's time to plan or my 13 month old decides to use mommy as a mountain to climb. But if that is the worst of my problems, I think I am doing pretty good. Still don't like Jillian, but moves are going much better. Soreness is gone and I don't sound like an 80 year old when I stand up. :bigsmile:
  • Lauz_88
    Lauz_88 Posts: 29
    Options
    L1D4 done today, finding i'm managing everything apart from the push ups, I can't even do the girly half push ups properly. I must have literally no strength in my upper body!
  • Val_Gets_Fit
    Val_Gets_Fit Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    L1Day 5 done! Woohoo!!! Still doing the modified push-ups. I'm definitely lacking in upper body strength. I've improved, though! (Finally managing to do all the reps of push-ups!) Soreness is pretty much gone except for renewed soreness in my biceps. I had been using 3 pound weights for the first 3 days but increased to 5 pounds yesterday. Those 2 additional pounds apparently make a big difference to my wimpy arms. :laugh: Still, legs are feeling tons better!

Keep up the awesome work, everyone! We're going to see this out to Day 30! :happy:
  • naturalbeauty47
    Options
    I am really finding it hard to do the floor work because my dogs think it's time to plan

@ mnheather
    Omg...I have the same problem with my dog. Soon as I get on the floor she jumps on my chest and starts giving me dogging kisses! When I make her move she focus in on my hands and starts attacking them! Most of the time I try to ignore her and keep going but I can't help but laugh at her.
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Day 4 done
  • BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Alright- finished L1D5! Feeling much better about it today. I almost felt like I could do it twice today- but I just did more cardio instead. :) Happy Friday everyone!
  • LilSweetie785
    Options
    Finished Day 4 yesterday before going out for a night of league pool. I had so much energy and didn't feel drained like I used to at the end of the day. I used to have to drink a NOS energy drink or I would get so sleepy and grumpy. I love this new found energy!! About to do L1D5 and can't wait! I don't ever want to go back to being sleepy all day again!
  • nthnswmn
    Options
    L1day 5 done! I really wasn't motivated to work out today, but I knew I had others pushing for it on this thread. So, i did it!
  • amyadell
    amyadell Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    day 5 complete!!! self-inflicted pain almost made me say NO... I've been on vacation forever it seems and am back to work tonight. To celebrate the last day, we were extremely bad with our diet last night and I must have drank 10 glasses of wine!!! Despite the hangover, I sucked it up and gave myself the punishment I deserved... it was hard but I DID IT!!! I'll say it again... NO EXCUSES not to fit in a twenty minute workout!!! :sick: :drinker:
  • AmyMooreOrLess
    AmyMooreOrLess Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    day 5 complete!!! self-inflicted pain almost made me say NO... I've been on vacation forever it seems and am back to work tonight. To celebrate the last day, we were extremely bad with our diet last night and I must have drank 10 glasses of wine!!! Despite the hangover, I sucked it up and gave myself the punishment I deserved... it was hard but I DID IT!!! I'll say it again... NO EXCUSES not to fit in a twenty minute workout!!! :sick: :drinker:

Yaaaaa-awwwww! Good going amyadell!!! Best cure for hangover. Don't miss those days (all knocked up now!). :ohwell:

Day 5 in a few hours. Gotta run some errands. Good luck today everyone!
  • mishamae
    mishamae Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    L1day 5 done! I really wasn't motivated to work out today, but I knew I had others pushing for it on this thread. So, i did it!

I felt the exact same way! I was procrastinating the idea of working out and then suddenly the thought crossed my mind that everyone else on this thread was busting their butt getting the workout done! So I'm happy to say I finished Lvl 1 Day 5 today! :) And to everyone that is on day 5 like me, we're half way through completing 10 days of lvl 1! Woot! Great work today everyone!
  • RUNN3Rmom
    RUNN3Rmom Posts: 441
    Options
    I'm planning on staying on L1 for 10 days. I think you're supposed to stay at each level for 10 days. However, if you feel like you're ready for more of a challenge, then there probably isnt' anything wrong with moving on to L2 in less than 10. I'm stll doing modified push-ups in L1 and feel like I need to build up a little more endurance so I'm staying for the 10 days. :smile:

I've also read that Jillian suggests going through all 3 Levels in 30 consecutive days, 10 days per level. However, again, it depends on the individual. I haven't felt like I need a rest day yet, but when I get to Level 2, I'm sure I'm going to need a few! :laugh:

That sounds like a good plan. Thank you!!

I worked out at the gym this evening for 40 minutes...yay! Hoping to knock out 30DS before swim class tomorrow.
  • mayita72
    Options
    I am on it, but I will start on Monday, Jan 17 th, 2011....I just saw the challenge....
    Thanks
  • Bubbas12
    Bubbas12 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Ok... I just replied to a very old thread about this subject but you all are my 30DS family for the next 26 days so I will pose to you... I have three kids (17, 9, 7), two which were fairly large. I think that has led to slight stress incontinence during the jumping jacks. No other movement does it to me (at least during the workout).

What is is about this move that has what I thought was my already empty bladder losing control? Any thoughts on replacement move?

I LOVE this workout and am really into it. I've found myself neglecting my water intake just to try to avoid this from occuring.

HELP:sad:

I have the same problem with the jumping jacks when I work out later in the day. I drink a lot of water throughout the day and it definitely shows when I do jumping jacks. The only thing that helps me is if I work out first thing in the morning, before I drink anything,

So, I've had 2 days of no shredding, but how can I say "no" when my son asks me to play with him after he's been home sick for 2 days and is really bored? The answer is, I can't, so it was worth it for me to skip the shred. I did finish L1 D4 after work today so I just have to do 2 in 1 day and then I'll be back on track. One more workout and then I move up to 5 lb weights.
  • krista42
    Options
    L1D4 done today, finding i'm managing everything apart from the push ups, I can't even do the girly half push ups properly. I must have literally no strength in my upper body!

I have the hardest time getting through the girly push-ups too! I will say this though, in the span of 4 days they have gotten *slightly* easier for me, so just putting in the effort makes a difference!
  • kookla33
    kookla33 Posts: 234
    Options
    I have been doing the 30 day Shred twice a week, starting last week, and have noticed a huge difference even with that. My arms are tighter and my core is stronger. It gets easier and easier each time and you just feel more empowered.

Since I am getting such good results and its such a quick workout, I am going to do it more often.
  • misskimlilac
    misskimlilac Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the 30 day Shred twice a week, starting last week, and have noticed a huge difference even with that. My arms are tighter and my core is stronger. It gets easier and easier each time and you just feel more empowered.

Since I am getting such good results and its such a quick workout, I am going to do it more often.

I saw on another thread that there is another 30 challenge starting on Monday I think, if you are interrested. It is a great workout, going to do mine in just a few. :)
  • jojuvanlaanen
    jojuvanlaanen Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have a question.... Are we really suposed to be doing this for 30 consecutive days? I always thought it was good to give you body some rest, even if it's just 1 or 2 days a week. I'm fine with doing it the full 30 consecutive days if that's what your supposed to do, but just wondering what others think, and how you are going to get excersise in AFTER the 30 days is up with Jillian. On my "profile" I filled out when I started MFP last week, I put that I wanted to lose 1.5 lbs a week, and exersise for 30 min 3 days a week. I was already over in calories burned for the week on Wednesday, I'm just wondering if I'm being to hard on my body, especially since this is all new to me.