Should I become a Beachbody Coach?

Options
1235»

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Noooo! MLM businesses are a terrible way to make money. Most people end up losing money on them. And you become a full time salesperson trying to convince everyone in your life to buy overpriced products..

You're better off just finding new, legitimate employment. Best of luck to you.

And you know this how? Have you ever given an honest, consistent and long-term effort at an MLM? Because MLMs have produced more millionaire than any other occupation. How can you make such a blanket statement without knowing her occupation, education and situation?

Becoming a TBB Coach was the best decision I have ever made and you'll be in good hands with Jenelle (and, no, I"m not in Jenelle's downline and stand to gain nothing by saying this). Make no mistake about it, it does require work and consistency and a strong desire to help people, not just make money. The coaches who are in it only to make money are the coaches you see on here being all spammy and salesy and are the people who will either MLM hop or won't be coaching 6 months from now. I coached around my full time job for 18 months and sacrificed some things in my personal life so that I could quit my job and do this full time, and I don't have one single regret doing it that way! Good luck to you!

Congrats, you are in the 1% of MLM coaches that actually earns money. The majority of people lose money. Even when including all the huge earners, the average coach makes $4,000 a year.

http://www.teambeachbody.com/home/-/dl_get_file/726c8a0a-09ae-444d-bc94-843ee8e06d7f

http://www.mlm-thetruth.com/research/mlm-statistics/shocking-stats/
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Congrats, you are in the 1% of MLM coaches that actually earns money. The majority of people lose money. Even when including all the huge earners, the average coach makes $4,000 a year.

Here is the 2013 statement
    http://www.beachbodycoach.com/uploads/fckeditor/mdbody/File/downloads/statement_of_independent_coach_earnings.pdf

Just over 68% of coaches tried to choose being a product seller only and their average yearly income was $487.

Around 25% chose to recruit more coaches and get those perks, which gave them an average yearly income of $3000 for Emerald, $9000 for Ruby

Only about 7% Did the heavy recruiting and averaged $15,000 for Diamond (5%) and $80,000 for Star Diamond (2%).

The average for ALL coaches for the year is $4000.

Of course they all claim they only work a few hours to do it.
  • catpea33
    catpea33 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I"m sorry it didn't work out for you but I've seen over and over again that those who put forth a consistent effort with coaching see success. Including myself.

Which goes back to exactly what I said..... coaches blame you for not working hard enough when it doesn't work out. I can tell you that I *did* put in a consistent effort, including going through my coaching group's training programmes. This is what I said:
    The idea was that if you work hard, you'll be successful so if you aren't successful then you obviously weren't trying.

The people it does work out for are in the minority as revealed by Beachbody's own coach earnings statements. Most earn less than $5,000/year.
  • techtime1987
    Options
    The reason why most beach body coaches earn so little is because they know nothing about network marketing. I started out making 3,000 a month and now I make anywhere from 8,000 to 10,000 a month. I started my business about a year ago.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    The reason why most beach body coaches earn so little is because they know nothing. . .[snipped ad]

Did you create this MFP account just to share this testimonial?
  • Parafly9
    Options
    My wife was a teacher and is now a SAHM and just signed up a few weeks ago to become a coach. I was extremely skeptical. We did p90x in 2009 (five years ago) and had turned on so many people to the programs.

She has a friend who is a teacher who has been doing it for 14 months and is making about $50k a year now.

But so far, she has done well with it. This is her account:

08/06/14 07/31/2014 08/06/2014 0.00
    WE 07/30/14 07/24/2014 07/30/2014 217.93 217.93
    WE 07/23/14 07/17/2014 07/23/2014 184.96 184.96
    WE 07/16/14 07/10/2014 07/16/2014 119.40 119.40
    WE 07/09/14 07/03/2014 07/09/2014 576.00 576.00
    WE 07/02/14 06/26/2014 07/02/2014 140.00 140.00
    WE 06/25/14 06/19/2014 06/25/2014 54.96 54.96
    Subtotal: 1,293.25

That doesn't include the fact that she signed me up and put people under my name, for another $500. She has made, after her cost of Shakeology, about $1300 in the first month, working a couple hours a night.

Her first challenge group had 13 people in it that lost a combined 130 pounds - averaging 10 lb per person. She is getting (completely unsolicited!!) feedback from people like this:

"I just want to thank (my wife) for reaching out to me with this program. I have a lot if weight to lose and haven't worked out in 10 years. In the last 21 days I have lost 12 pounds and 9.25 inches overall. I feel so amazing from the shakeology and the way my body is transforming. I just can't believe it. It is work though and I love it!"

I mean, even when I read it, it sounds like it was planted or faked, but that feedback was posted to my wife on her challenge group FB page entirely alone. When I read that, and I see the success people she is working with are having, I become less skeptical.

I'm still curious to see how it plays out long term, as it's only been six weeks, but she really enjoys it and everyone who is doing it with her has been nothing but thrilled with the results. I think part of it is also that my wife is a natural with people - extremely motivating and encourating. In other words, if there is a personality type that is going to succeed in that business, it's probably people like her.

I'll post back in a few months with more honest info about how things are going. I hate the bull**** and want to know what things really look like. One thing that is a peeve of mine is the 'coach income statements" that show the average star diamond making $90k a year. The thing is, there are some people making serious money that skew that all to the right. As far as I can tell you probably need about 500 - 1000 people downline to make a consistent $50k a year.
  • maggierocks1
    Options
    Not if you want to keep your friends
  • Parafly9
    Options
    Another update for you guys as my wife continues on this. My skepticism is becoming less and less , however I am realizing that you definitely need to bust your *kitten* to make it work as a coach. My wife works 4 hours every night now after the kids go to bed (8 - 12 or so).

Since my last post on August 6th she has earned over $3,500 since starting on June 25th. She has 85 people in her downline now (6 are other active coaches).

Month 1 6/25 - 7/25 $1,356.16
    Month 2 7/26 - 8/25 $2,179.81

We have both continued to lose weight since starting, I"m down 15 pounds and she is down 10 since June. Being a coach adds another layer of motivation vs. just doing a program, I have noticed.

I have noticed that some coaches really annoy others, while some are more tactful. Depends who you talk to. My wife makes the occasional post on FB about coaching but it isn't that often. She still has more kid & dog photos than we do Beachbody updates, haha.

Still interested to see how this plays out over time. I'll update again later :)
  • DjinnMarie
    DjinnMarie Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    No, because I think their products are garbage, and 90% of the reps vultures.

Bash away.... But it's true.

Edit: And I just realized this is a necro thread, bumped by a beachbody coach. Figures.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    "I have noticed that some coaches really annoy others, while some are more tactful." Repeatedly resurrecting a dead thread and only posting coaching experiences on MFP falls into my annoying category.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    "I have noticed that some coaches really annoy others, while some are more tactful." Repeatedly resurrecting a dead thread and only posting coaching experiences on MFP falls into my annoying category.

Just wants you to know that if you bust *kitten*, alienate most of your friends, and manage to add a mind-boggling average of at least one downline every day, you can gross almost $2k/month...and if you keep this up for over a year (or two), you may reach superstar status and gross $50k annually. No mention that these "amazing" results are the exception and not the norm too.

Best. Sales pitch. Ever.
  • Parafly9
    Options
    As far as I can tell no one is forced to read this thread. I found it while trying to google real numbers that a Beachbody coach can earn, and to put away ambiguity and the "rah rah rah" that you usually read about I put actual numbers up that are a cut and paste from the coach online office. There isn't a referral link or even a mention of my wife's name here.

Obviously, since this thread title is "Should I become a beachbody coach", the discussion will be around Beachbody. When i was referencing:

>> "I have noticed that some coaches really annoy others, while some are more tactful." Repeatedly resurrecting a dead thread and only posting coaching experiences on MFP falls into my annoying category. <<

I was talking about their tactics on facebook, other social networks, etc. etc. There are quite a few coaches who post non-stop about beachbody, tagging everyone in the process, 10x a day, etc. Like anything there are good apples and bad apples.

It's not easy money. Like I said she works easily 20 - 30 hours a week right now it, so that's what .. 100 hours a month for $2k? That's like $20 an hour. That's nothing amazing yet. She also didn't add all those coachers herself in the downline. A significant portion came from the upline and another significant portion came from a few coaches below who her that are considered "active". She just got to what is called 2 star qualifying which gets her into a bonus pool now. I have heard in the past this bonus pool works out to about $1,000 every 3 months but when it actually deposits I'll share what it is. Last week was her highest paying week so far at $785.

You guys can sneer and whatever, I'm not looking to do anything here at all other than share info about what the experience has been like for her.
  • thalheimer108
    thalheimer108 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Without losing friends how do you succeed getting a bunch of individuals underneath you? I"m new and trying to not annoy every friend I have
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    As far as I can tell no one is forced to read this thread.

I've never understood this response. Against what assertion are you defending?
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    After reading this I'm pretty glad that I had never heard of a "beach body coach". Sounds like the annoying acquaintance who is constantly trying to get me to sell Mary Kay products. "You could get a pink Cadillac SRX!!"...GTFOHWTBS.
  • crzdirector
    crzdirector Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have known plenty of people that have made money in MLM's and plenty that flopped. Ultimately; it just isn't for me. I've had people roll up on me constantly with "opportunities" b/c I'm friendly and know a lot of people. Ultimately you have to find something that works for you and you have to have a great team. And of course, you have to work it.

good luck to all MLM folks and good luck to everyone busting 9 to 5's. All work is good work.

SK
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    To bad those friends don't pay your bills :) and it beats the whole "job" pyramid scheme where your boss is at the top of the pyramid and you are at the bottom working your tail off... unless you have a cool boss then good for you. I kinda like helping others reach their goals and feel good about themselves. It's not for everyone and just like everything there is good and bad and as you can see here everyone has their opinion. I coach, I make money, I like it, and I have friends.

I love reading BB coaches comparing the normal job to a pyramid. My job may be a pyramid in the hierarchical sense, but not in the compensation sense (by the way, I always appreciate the Freudian use of "pyramid" in a BB coaches attack on the normal 9-5, in a way coming to terms with the fact that BB is exactly that). My boss may make more than me, but that is in no way based on how much many people I bring in under me and how much of the product is being sold by me or my underlings.
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Without losing friends how do you succeed getting a bunch of individuals underneath you? I"m new and trying to not annoy every friend I have

After you've alienated your friends and family, you have to start annoying complete strangers.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Beachbody is the Primerica of the diet industry.
  • Parafly9
    Parafly9 Posts: 8
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Update as of 11/13, for those who are interested.

Downline is up to 140, in 142 days. Most of those are now coming from other coaches in the down and upline. .

The first quarterly 2-star bonus check my wife received was for $875.

This week, after 4 months of doing this, she has earned a total of $9,980; of which expenses are around $1000 for the shakeology purchases to date for her account, my account (that she runs), and the 2nd business center that she just opened. So about $9k in 4 months, averaging a little over $2k a month. October was significantly slower, I guess that's pretty obvious in the Northeast with everyone switching to sweatpants for the winter.

Cycle bonuses (the part based on volume) are up to about $1200 a month now, which means that that comes in even without any other sales.

They also track coach rankings in a monthly email and last month my wife was ranked #1400 (out of 250,000 coaches) so I suppose she is rocking it pretty good.

We were talking about it last night and since she started she has had a total of four negative responses to her asking about interest in a challenge group, and of those four one was a real dick about it. The majority of people politely decline if they aren't interested but usually than her for asking them. To me this was strange, because I would probably be one of those who got annoyed with someone asking me, but I guess most people aren't like that.