Your biggest fat secret.

Options

Replies

• ActuarialChef
    ActuarialChef Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Another one that comes to mind is always making a beeline for the most out of the way chair with my back to the wall. The very idea of sitting on the floor in the middle of a room would have freaked me out totally when I was very large. I'd feel all fidgety the entire time and worry that people were staring at my back fat or awkward seated position.

This was me! I remember in my last math class I sat at the back like I always did in classes, but I couldn't see...which is what made me realize I really needed glasses. So I wound up embarrassing myself even more by trying to squeeze my self out from the back seat and squeeze myself into the only seat left.... front row in between two others..... Now I just sit up front.

My fat secret was I used to get fast food, everyday after school. I would eat it in the parking lot, then got to another place and get another whole meal.

I got really happy when the Taco Bell by my house started to stay open until 2am.... oh yea. 2 chicken nacho cheese chalupas with extra baja sauce ("yes I still want sour cream on that") and two crispy potato soft tacos w/extra baja sauce... and sometimes a cheesy beefy burrito.

I think about it now, and realize that was really sad. Still love Taco Bell, haven't eaten it once this year though.... and trust that Quesarito looks so good!! lol

Where do you live that your taco bell has such delicious-sounding meals? Chicken nacho chalupas?! Crispy potato soft tacos?! What the heck?!

Ugh taco bell was my guilty pleasure for years. I would still eat it, but ya know, I'm trying to eat "healthy" and all that. ;)
  • HannahLynn91
    HannahLynn91 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    At my heaviest when I was 17 and 300+ pounds I was kicked off a roller coaster for being so large that the safety latches wouldn't hitch. Totally had to do the walk of shame off the roller coaster while all the other riders watched.

I went and got an ice cream.

This didn't quite happen to me but it was embarrassing to have the coaster attendants be jumping up and down trying to push the shoulder bars down... literally jumping up and pushing down, two of them, as hard as they could until they heard a click and then said it was all good....

I couldn't breath any more, but I thought at least I can still ride the roller coaster. smh.
  • ElizabethObviously
    ElizabethObviously Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I used to alternate where we ordered pizza...one time it would be Dominos. The next time it would be Pizza hut.

I was too embarrassed to let the workers at these places know just how much we ordered pizza.

I remember buying a box of Little Debbie brownies that had 8 in it and eating them on the way home, usually at least 2 before I even left the parking lot.
  • chelskii22
    chelskii22 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I don't go to theme parks in case I can't fit in the seats
  • HannahLynn91
    HannahLynn91 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Another one that comes to mind is always making a beeline for the most out of the way chair with my back to the wall. The very idea of sitting on the floor in the middle of a room would have freaked me out totally when I was very large. I'd feel all fidgety the entire time and worry that people were staring at my back fat or awkward seated position.

This was me! I remember in my last math class I sat at the back like I always did in classes, but I couldn't see...which is what made me realize I really needed glasses. So I wound up embarrassing myself even more by trying to squeeze my self out from the back seat and squeeze myself into the only seat left.... front row in between two others..... Now I just sit up front.

My fat secret was I used to get fast food, everyday after school. I would eat it in the parking lot, then got to another place and get another whole meal.

I got really happy when the Taco Bell by my house started to stay open until 2am.... oh yea. 2 chicken nacho cheese chalupas with extra baja sauce ("yes I still want sour cream on that") and two crispy potato soft tacos w/extra baja sauce... and sometimes a cheesy beefy burrito.

I think about it now, and realize that was really sad. Still love Taco Bell, haven't eaten it once this year though.... and trust that Quesarito looks so good!! lol

Where do you live that your taco bell has such delicious-sounding meals? Chicken nacho chalupas?! Crispy potato soft tacos?! What the heck?!

Ugh taco bell was my guilty pleasure for years. I would still eat it, but ya know, I'm trying to eat "healthy" and all that. ;)

Your Taco Bell was totally holding out on you! Probably for the best though lol
  • erialcelyob
    erialcelyob Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I stole food all the time and blamed it on family members who have somewhat more will power than I had
  • Arleigh7
    Arleigh7 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I can't Out Exercise my Mouth!
  • VTRutz
    VTRutz Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I may or may not have demolished a crave case by myself once upon a fatter-year.....

No ragrets (not even one letter)
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I used to microwave a pint of Ben and Jerry's and drink it ALL the TIME
  • pravange
    pravange Posts: 4
    Options
    I can't think of anything that others haven't listed - sneaky binge eating on sweets or chips was a big thing to me I suppose. I wouldn't eat entire bags of chips, or an entire carton of ice cream.
    I would stop and look down and become super disgusted with myself before I saw the bottom. I had, and still kind of have, a huuuge issue with eating. >.>
  • MrsWilliams0618
    MrsWilliams0618 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Oh my, a fat secret lol...I never even realized this was a real thing but I so have some :/
    When I was a kid, I would sneak upstairs after everyone went to bed and make ginormous PB&J's, sometimes rice with teriyaki sauce, and baked potatoes in the microwave and take them to my room and eat them secretly.
    When I got my drivers license and my car I would stop at the drive through and buy 2 sandwiches, maybe more I dont remember, and french fries and devour them on my 30 minute drive home, and then sometimes eat dinner when I got home. Looking back, I can't even imagine what my calorie intake was in those days. Just makes me cringe.... lol but we live and learn! :)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options

I remember buying a box of Little Debbie brownies that had 8 in it and eating them on the way home, usually at least 2 before I even left the parking lot.

This is why I never bought the Little Debbies I liked a lot (Swiss cake rolls and the white chocolate chip ones). I knew I would do that, or darn close - like eat the box in 2-3 days at LEAST.

This is also why, to this day, I won't buy a package of angel horns/crème horns at the bakery. I know that I can't stop at one or two. I am very cheap but that's one thing I'll go ahead and pay around $2 for at the coffee shop once in awhile (and still love them)...I could go to the supermarket and get a package for $2-3 but they only sell them in a half dozen and it would be the only thing I could think about until they were all gone in a day or two.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Bag of chocolate chips + bowl + microwave + spoon = tasty snack

Why not just skip the microwave step and just eat the chocolate chips? That's what I do :)

Also.. if you're going to melt the chocolate you might as well get something tasty to use as a vessel for that chocolatey goodness. Marshmallows? Graham Crackers? Chocolate BARS?!?

There's something about the texture of the melted chocolate that's superior to the unmelted stuff. Any additions would have diluted the beauty of the plain bowl of melted chocolate goodness.
  • lenac87
    lenac87 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    At my heaviest when I was 17 and 300+ pounds I was kicked off a roller coaster for being so large that the safety latches wouldn't hitch. Totally had to do the walk of shame off the roller coaster while all the other riders watched.

I went and got an ice cream.

This happened to me too! It was humiliating :/ I still wont go back to that ride because I'm afraid I won't fit!
  • Butiful12324
    Butiful12324 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I used to get up at night or wake up very early to east a whole bunch of my parent'a cooked chicken
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I have been reading this thread inbetween tasks for the past couple of hours and have read a few "tricks" that I've tried.

My big secret, which I'm surprised hasn't been mentioned, is that I used to buy Halloween candy far too early and then have to replace the candy multiple times by Halloween. I'd sometimes eat just candy as a meal (ugh). I would also stuff wrappers way down in the trash in case anyone saw them there (or I'd take my trash to the dumpster) even though I lived alone. Sometimes if my now-husband knew I had, say, Twix, and I ate them all, I'd buy the same-size bag of Twix and eat them down enough to make it look like the same bag.

I haven't done that in about 10 years, not since my now-husband and I moved in together. Now we buy Halloween candy a few days before Halloween and do not open the bags until Halloween itself. Then if we have any candy, it's just a few pieces after we've handed out candy to all the kids, and then we take any excess to work and put it in our lobby for clients so that it's not in the house and so that I have to face people if I want candy.

On road trips (but only if I was alone) I would get McD's, then, when I was done, stop at a different McD's for a McFlurry. I'd hide the first McD's bag in case the person at the second drive-thru noticed. God bless those trash cans in the drive-thru that are at window level so you could get rid of the evidence before you picked up your subsequent order of fatty goodness!
  • Miss_TeaPot
    Miss_TeaPot Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I used to eat little throughout the day and then binge while everyone was asleep.
  • b_e_l_l_a_a_a_a_a_a
    b_e_l_l_a_a_a_a_a_a Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    haaaaaa

Before all this, I would hoard food in my room. Like if I bought a pizza i would bring it home and attempt to hide it and sneak it into my room. I quite often succeeded, proven by my situation on MFP. Or I would have a frozen pizza and try to eat all of it before anyone else could. Same thing with boxes of macaroni and cheese, family bags of chips, cake, ice cream and so much more. When I buy food, something I particularly like, I will keep it in my room so nobody else eats it but some might say that's justifiable with bad roomies/if it's your own money. Still struggling with that to this day, but I usually only keep triscuits or kettle chips. :huh: Ain't nobody touching my kettle chips anytime soon.
  • becomingbeautifultoday
    becomingbeautifultoday Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    My sister and I once shared a pizza, and then each ate a tub of Ben and Jerry's, and each ate a kings size chocolate bar... in one sitting.

Another time we split a dozen Krispy Kreams, again, in one sitting.

She's since joined the Navy and is on her way to losing the weight she put on, and obviously, I am here, trying to lose that weight.

God, That's really embarrassing to admit.
  • blatantlyo
    blatantlyo Posts: 30
    Options
    When I used to binge eat, I would always start the order of my food by saying "We would like...." knowing very well it was all for me...