Putting on too much bodyfat, not nearly enough muscle...

Options
124»

Replies

• hicksang121
    hicksang121 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Make your own decision on the trainer, but I can't trust trainers who themselves aren't fit - if they aren't on the journey how do they know what I need to do? And to be clear, I see female trainers who are skinny with no muscle tone (tells me they do a lot of restricting calories without the workout part) and flabby male trainers (tells me they lack focus on nutrition). With that said, not sure what your workout looks like. Specifically, you should be doing full body weight workouts 3x if you want to bulk. Eat healthy, count calories to keep track of what you're eating, but focus on what you're eating and eat the right portions - that should help more than a pure focus on calories. I'm 5'8" and have good female muscle tone. I do think you can bulk on 1500 calories, given they are the right calories. At 5'7" and 133 you shouldn't have much body fat unless you're neglecting your nutrition and not lifting weights that are heavy enough or often enough. Adding calories to your diet should be focused around adding protein and veggies. Forget the high calorie supplement bars and shakes, back off the sugar, and don't eat too much fat. Diet should be <30% calories from fat. Keep your cardio sessions too - they help with burning the fat.
  • KaterinaTerese
    KaterinaTerese Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I do think you can bulk on 1500 calories, given they are the right calories.
    You may think that, but calories are calories and your body needs an excess of them to grow (fat, muscle, bone).
  • iPlatano
    iPlatano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    It might be glycogen stores as well (Water retantion)
  • DanceswithWow
    Options
    Dear Roses..

Ah.. Life support here.. we need life support..

This situation is either a mixed up goal problem or a clear process in conflict.. What is the reason at 21 you are needing to bulk?

No bulking necessary at your weight..and height as when you get older your hormones will be in utter disharmony...and you will

wish bulk had anew name. Unless im missing something..

there is a bunch of disconnects.. Even competition fitness models try to weigh in well under the bulk you are pursuing..

that aside. I had to read it again to make sure what I am about to say..makes you think long and hard..

The so called calorie profile you are on..does not help you release lipolytic enzymes..

Your trainer only knows how to hack and slay fat with barbarian at the gate techniques or Rob you blind with near starvation methods that causes Mother Nature to seek and destroy tissue.

The scan saying you are getting fat.. doesnt jive either..But for the sake of analysis.. You are a female.. not a male with hording testosterone. The only way to limit fat at the way you are being trained.. is

sky rocket your cardioto at least 12 to 20 minutes at 75% threshold, perform tie-in work with endurance sets( small muscle group conditioning example rotators, chest flys, inner thighs, pullups if you are able or seated rows 50 to 100 reps in a row, 250 skips jump rope ) away from heavy weight gross motor movement stuff.

Pushing yourself when your food energy plummets is only for competition level of training.. You are not there yet.. the way your intake is set up.. you simply are not properly replenished.

I would let you be done when you peter out...but have you do steady state cardio..on the stair climber stationary bike or elyptical..

If I noticed you peaking out..

All the stuff you are describing are oxymorons to how you should be feeling and achieving.No achieving and only going in

reverse...Your trainer while Im sure is a great task master.. there is something thats not occurring in her observation of your top

end abilities..You need to have your lipolytic enzymes come out of dormancy and run around and recharge abit..

The motivation you need is new know how..that validates itself and some self test tools that are verfiable no matter what level of conditioning you are striving for.

Friend me..
    I can make sure you have your protein number(Pn#) which this is your baseline biometric of your metabolic need

measure your replenishment index (Rpndx%)

and help you put together a ..Food Energy Plan-- so you have clear concrete data that give you true information about how you are performing before you get in the tongue and grove of having to perform.

I help achievers and over achievers forge a fabulous fitness calling card and a body to back it up
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    Bulking does not do any damage OP, it is a very healthy thing to do.

You just need to decide whether you are going to cut first, then do it, then cut again, or just straight bulk, then cut.

I got down to 123lb before I bulked. That's about 16% body fat at 5'7". I'm very small boned.

I'm now 127lb and about 18% body fat.

I've been 132- plus at 30% body fat.

The differences have been astounding! I've knocked decades off my body and my fitness and health is optimum.