ladies want 2 try a 30 day no wine *whining* challenge ?

Options

Replies

• nmcrosier
    nmcrosier Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Sorry broke my ankle last week, no meds just vodka and sparkling water getting me thru the pain. Good luck!
  • haleyrutter
    haleyrutter Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    today is a new day
  • slliwlt
    slliwlt Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    So I am totally LMAO! I think we could all be really good friends! These are all things I say & think! Haha! It was rather impulsive, but now I feel the need to prove it to myself. Please add me if you haven't already! @primdaisy-i started on the 8th of July-so my personal goal is to make it to the 8th of August (which is also my class reunion-so I'm thinking I will NEED wine that night! Haha)
  • hastingsmassage
    hastingsmassage Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I love my wine and not giving up lol
  • laura0770
    laura0770 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm in :) when does the challenge start? I haven't drank for the last 3 weeks so this will keep me motivated :drinker:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I don't see the point in giving it up for 30 days, unless you think you need to in order to cut back.

I drink wine most every day. I did before I gained weight, I did while gaining weight, I did while losing weight. Since I don't plan to stop, I didn't see any point in stopping temporarily.
  • slliwlt
    Options
    I'm just thinking of it as a challenge to myself-I certainly don't think it will hurt me :) And, since my one glass generally leads to more-this challenge will likely do me some good
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Already doing the 30 day No Booze Challenge set up at the beginning of July, but I'll add it to this one as I feel so much better without the vino!
  • emmanap91
    emmanap91 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    good luck with your journey, but I'm more of a beer drinker (haven't had wine in weeks or maybe months), and even with beer I usually only drink 1-2 pints when I'm at the pub, which is maybe once or twice a week.

My problem isn't alcohol, it's take-out food and sweets!
  • emilykateklein
    Options
    When I found out I was pregnant I obviously quit drinking. I lost 7 pounds in a month and a half by cutting out the wine. She's two now and the wine is back. I may have to give this a go. Nice to have a support group!
  • cindyj7
    cindyj7 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Negative - but best of luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • Kymwho
    Kymwho Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    No thanks!!! But good luck to you all!! :)
  • jbrandonnorris1
    Options
    How about only wine and cut out the food. :P
  • beths4kids
    beths4kids Posts: 22
    Options
    I totally feel your pain. Its actually nice to know that I'm not the only one to struggle with this. I drink 2 glasses of merlot EVERY night. I have tried every diet known to man (without cutting out my wine habit) and NOTHING is working. I'm about to be 46, so I know this plays a part as well. But I also cheat a lot too. Ive decided to just cut it out during the week to see if that will help. I KNOW i can't cut it out for 30 whole days!
  • kbmonkee
    kbmonkee Posts: 3
    Options
    Im with you there! I have given up meat, soda, coffee, sweet tea and now bread. My wine is mine! lol
  • slliwlt
    Options
    AA on MFP?

Heck no! Love my wine, and my beer! And my bloody marys! And my captain! & my margaritas! Um....... maybe I need to rethink that AA? JK :)
  • rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I think I would go insane if I had to give up my wine. I already gave up my delicious, sugary, high-calorie coffee drinks.. I think at this point you'd have to pry the wine bottle from my fingers lol :) Best of luck to you!!

Haha! Pretty much this. Happy Friday!! And yes, there WILL be cocktails in my very near future! :smokin: :drinker:
  • kelypop
    kelypop Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I LOVE wine, so I'm glad to hear that other folks struggle with this too! When I'm trying to drop a few pounds, I keep it to 2 nights a week & split one bottle with a friend - that's about 2 glasses & 250 calories. My other strategy is to make spritzers with 3 oz of white or sparkling wine and 3-5 oz of plain sparkling water, the one with the orange essence is really nice. It makes you feel like you're drinking a whole glass of wine, but with half the calories! I don't want to do the challenge in the summer, way too much fun going on, but might join in if you do it again in the fall.
  • fitwithin
    fitwithin Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I love wine too and I'm sure that's how I gained 20 of the 30 pounds I lost about 2 years ago. I have a cruise at the end of September so I am working really hard to get in shape for that. I started my program this week and haven't had wine since last Saturday. I was having at least a glass or two a night and much more on the weekend. I was looking forward to having a glass tomorrow night. I will commit to not drinking during the week and only have a couple on Saturday night. I would rather have wine than sweets or carbs. I am very social too and it has been tough this week. I've actually missed three functions because the tempation will be tough. Please feel free to add me as a friend. We can motivate each other.
  • jbrandonnorris1
    Options
    Anything can be healthy in moderation,.....I am a subscriber to the IIFYM mentality,....If you want to drink wine then cut calories elsewhere. IIFYM.com has a lot of info on it if you haven't heard of it before.