Replies

• Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    Here we go...in
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Agreed. Too many people here wanting to shove people down. Its not necessarily being mean, but there sure are people here who "know it all" instead of just offering friendly advice.
    Waaaaaah :sad:
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    I'm actually a really nice person. Many of my friends who are considered "mean" on here are very nice people. Maybe people should stop focusing on tone and presentation and more on the words in the post. The knowledge and help that is often overlooked by defensive feelings.

I'm sorry if people were mean to you, OP, but please keep and open mind and try and take what people say with a grain of salt and read the truth in the comments and not the harshness that sometimes comes with direct, blunt advice.

Good luck OP. I hope you make your goals!
  • ZBuffBod
    ZBuffBod Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I think MFP mirrors the real world. You will find nice folks, mean folks, helpful folks, ignorant folks, know-it-alls, etc.

In my 1 1/2 months experience there are MANY more nice folks than mean folks on MFP. The few mean folks come off more sarcastic than truly mean and most of those folks appear to be ones who have been here for a while and doesn't seem to have patience with newbies asking questions on things they "should know".

Just like you ignore the mean folks in the real world, do the same here. Just take it all with a grain of salt and remember why you are here in this community.

:flowerforyou:
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    In. It's Friday, let's have some fun.

tumblr_mtluqdieEe1qdlh1io1_400.gif

who's next?
  • martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP for years, just on different accounts. Every time I go on a post, I always see that one mean person. You can't even ask a question on here without someone telling you how you feel or telling you about your own life.

I don't need a counselor, telling me what I should do with my life; I already have one.

So why is everyone so mean? Or trying to tell ME how I feel??!

Please don't be rude on this post, I am just looking for NICE people.

I don't need a "congrats" everyday, just want to see other people and how their doing with their progress :)

18 years old, going to college in Fall
    SW:220
    CW:213.6
    GW:198 (for now)

So if you're nice, I will add/accept. Everyone needs a good friend on here. :)
    :blushing: :flowerforyou: :love: :smile:
    **And I am sure I am not the only person who feels this way**

People are generally pretty nice and helpful but we're not afraid to say suck it up buttercup this is what you are doing wrong and this is what you need to do to fix it. If you're afraid to be told you're doing something wrong then you are in the wrong place.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Cool, it's been like 15 minutes since the last Mean People thread.

:love: :drinker:
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    "I only want to get feedback that validates everything I'm doing, even if I'm doing something wrong or unsafe."

-Every person who's ever posted a "mean people" thread
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    NO

See^^^^^^^direct, not mean. OP maybe you are confused since being on here for years and being 18 maybe there was a rules violation. Got me, IDK.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    There's always one meanie.

funny-gif-pool-falling-water.gif

funny-gif-turtle-pushes-tortoise-water.gif

And my all time favorite:

1257765644_monkeys.gif
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    Agreed. Too many people here wanting to shove people down. Its not necessarily being mean, but there sure are people here who "know it all" instead of just offering friendly advice.
    Waaaaaah :sad:

jkwolly did you stub your toe? Are you okay?
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Pass
  • oceansmist
    oceansmist Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm Nice!!! :)
    I just started doing MFP about a week ago and need to lose 56 lbs. I am in summer classes at the community college and my daughter is also. You can always talk to me if you need a motivational shove to get you going, I need one too. haha.
    My name is Mary and its very nice to meet you. :)
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options

And my all time favorite:

1257765644_monkeys.gif
    This = :love:
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I'm only nice if you hand me Talenti. But be careful, I bite.

Especially if you have Talenti.
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    ALmQYc4.jpg

RtzhLAh.gif

O0OeYxO.gif
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    How can you have been on here for "years" if you are only 18?
    Laughs......I didn't even have to type it!
  • sparacka
    sparacka Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I would like to nicely say that MFP's terms of service indicate that you must be at least 18 years of age to use this site. For how many years have you been 18? I know that I stopped counting birthdays when I hit 27...perhaps we have something in common after all!:love:
  • bamagrits15
    bamagrits15 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm new here and haven't see this yet (these mean people). Just one comment I hope I don't regret. The idea of I'll be nice if you are nice to me that some have shared, well I think that is a flaw our society has. How about be nice to someone just because? It's called grace...give someone the kindness they may not deserve if for no better reason than to not catch their negativity.
This discussion has been closed.