Is there anyone NICE!?

Options

Replies

• George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    I heard there was math in here?

(Math is like cake for your brain.)

Unless there is also cake..if so, I'll have that then.
  • Summer2k14
    Summer2k14 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    See? The negative people on here just nit-picked every little mistake I made. I was an unhappy teenager who was bullied and talked about because of my weight, so I lied (like other young people that joined the site) so I HAVE been on here for years.

It makes me lightheaded, because some people are so rude.

Oh well, thanks for the nice people on MFP :)
  • Emeryeon
    Emeryeon Posts: 61
    Options
    I havent seen anyone mean...yet
  • tcamp02
    tcamp02 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    You know, I did it once before I knew the rules and it wasn't even really advertising. I answered a question about a Beachbody product. Can't all of you just get over it and move on? I was informed of the rules and have followed them since.
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I'm so relieved to see your post! I've been on MFP for a couple of years but just started using the message boards a couple of days ago. I honestly just wanted to get new friends and help other people be successful (I've been within 5 lbs of my goal weight for over 2 years now) but I found myself being attacked. I'm not sure what's going on here but I would love to have some friends and just support each other without the rudeness.

iJmfjrP5aKWud.gif

People are usually nice if you aren't trying to sell them crap.
  • MrTolerable
    MrTolerable Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    :blushing: I'm pretty nice
  • maz504
    maz504 Posts: 450
    Options
    You know, I did it once before I knew the rules and it wasn't even really advertising. I answered a question about a Beachbody product. Can't all of you just get over it and move on? I was informed of the rules and have followed them since.

You definitely did it more than once. I reported like three of your replies. :flowerforyou:

Man, does that make me one of the mean ones?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    :blushing: I'm pretty nice

Yeah, me too.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options

Yes, but clearly you haven't moved on, since you still think everyone that called you out was being mean to you.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Nice people don't like liars, I'm afraid.
  • tcamp02
    Options
    Summer, you can see that I've also been just hammered over one mistake I made and I've only been on here for two days. I've answered over and over again that it was a mistake because I didn't know the rules but anytime I post somebody says something about the fact that I broke an advertising rule. I guess it's to discredit any comments I make and not allow me to participate in the message boards.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

You definitely did it more than once. I reported like three of your replies. :flowerforyou:

No, but I do think this is going the way of derail.
  • tcamp02
    Options
    Aren't you just proving the fact because you brought it up again on this post?
  • MrTolerable
    Options

No, but I do think this is going the way of derail.

^agree
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I am going to say this and leave because threads like this make me so angry.

Last night my husband had a blog post about struggles he is dealing with involving his incredibly ill sister. The people of this website rallied around him with PMs of support. Some offering kind words of encouragement, other's seeking information in donating to her fundraiser. We haven't met any of these people in our offline lives --- some of the people we don't even know online. They just wanted to be kind and help.

Anyone who is here crying about mean people on this website or some moral decline of the membership can pretty much go pound salt as far as I am concerned. You don't like the responses you get -- evaluate the questions you asking an answer to. 9/10 people who are crying meanies just aren't hearing what they want to hear and that makes them angry, but it's followed up by zero self reflection.
  • kimberlyblindsey
    kimberlyblindsey Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I am sure that I have more than a handful of these "mean" people on my FL...
    They are probably some of the most genuine, sincere and motivational people in my life right now.

I don't need anyone to sugar coat anything for me. If I try something out or have an idea to do something that may potentially not be safe for me, I EXPECT them to hold me accountable and to be direct with me.

I'm not here to have my hand held and for sideline cheerleaders. I'm here to learn from people who have succeeded, have educated themselves and have no problem sharing their experiences.

Don't confuse directness with meanness. There is a lot of interpretation that can be implied when typing out a message.
    ^This

Nice is overrated and accomplishes very little, IMHO. If I am asking for advice and expertise, I want directness and honesty, everything else is just ego strokes, no thanks.
  • MrTolerable
    Options
    Nice people don't like liars, I'm afraid.

:laugh:
  • MrTolerable
    Options
    I am sure that I have more than a handful of these "mean" people on my FL...
    They are probably some of the most genuine, sincere and motivational people in my life right now.

I don't need anyone to sugar coat anything for me. If I try something out or have an idea to do something that may potentially not be safe for me, I EXPECT them to hold me accountable and to be direct with me.

I'm not here to have my hand held and for sideline cheerleaders. I'm here to learn from people who have succeeded, have educated themselves and have no problem sharing their experiences.

Don't confuse directness with meanness. There is a lot of interpretation that can be implied when typing out a message.
    ^This

Nice is overrated and accomplishes very little, IMHO. If I am asking for advice and expertise, I want directness and honesty, everything else is just ego strokes, no thanks.

^It's true... they made me feel like an idiot many a time in arguments about smith machines and what not -then after looking further into it I realized I was the wrong one. :embarassed:

MFP has helped get me the body I wanted - it is an awesome resource.

Just be respectful and playful and you get entertained and information. :smokin:
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options

From today:
    Drink it every day and it's made a huge difference in my health and weight loss. My husband and daughter also drink it daily. Many of my friends and family also drink it with great results. It's not just a protein shake but a healthy meal replacement that doesn't have chemicals like so many others have.

Remember when I told you I'd report you everytime you tried to sell your snake oil? I meant it.

Everything has chemicals, including your shakes.

This is not the place for you or the rest of your kind.
This discussion has been closed.