Is there anyone NICE!?

Options

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

1257765644_monkeys.gif

:laugh: you can tell they share so much DNA with humans...

I love how the mother chimp doesn't go after the baby chimp who pushed pushed her baby in the water. A lot of human mothers would... if it was my baby I'd be looking for the parent(s) of the kid who pushed my kid in the water!

No, she let the mom of her kid's best friend take care of that. That's what I do.
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Sorry to tell you doll but as you have already experienced in your short life that people aren't always going to be nice. So unless you put yourself in a little bubble of only people that are "nice" to you (good luck with that, especially on social media and public forums) you're in for AT LEAST one person to be mean.

I recommend staying out of the forums if you have an issue with "mean" people. What I have seen isn't what I would call mean but honest people. Could comments get put a little more tactfully, yes, but hey not everyone has that ability. Good luck with "nice" people! :flowerforyou:
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    didnt read any replies or anything yet, but the title is def a solid one.

anyone get bingo from this thread?

also, congrats to OP for rendering a 5 page (at the time of this posting) intro thread. usually the introduction section gets pretty ignored, with threads only getting a few posts, if any.

hopefully this will still be up when i have time to read it because what ive gathered so far is that it started as a mean people thread, and is morphing into a MLM thread....good stuff all around!

EDIT: 6-page thread :laugh:
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP for years, just on different accounts. Every time I go on a post, I always see that one mean person. You can't even ask a question on here without someone telling you how you feel or telling you about your own life.

I don't need a counselor, telling me what I should do with my life; I already have one.

So why is everyone so mean? Or trying to tell ME how I feel??!

Please don't be rude on this post, I am just looking for NICE people.

I don't need a "congrats" everyday, just want to see other people and how their doing with their progress :)

18 years old, going to college in Fall
    SW:220
    CW:213.6
    GW:198 (for now)

So if you're nice, I will add/accept. Everyone needs a good friend on here. :)
    :blushing: :flowerforyou: :love: :smile:
    **And I am sure I am not the only person who feels this way**

so you always see one person who is not nice, which leads you to ask "why is everyone so mean?" I would ask you, "why are you focusing on one thing you dislike and then painting everything with that same brush?"

No desire to befriend someone so negative.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    See? The negative people on here just nit-picked every little mistake I made. I was an unhappy teenager who was bullied and talked about because of my weight, so I lied (like other young people that joined the site) so I HAVE been on here for years.

It makes me lightheaded, because some people are so rude.

Oh well, thanks for the nice people on MFP :)

LOL, it's almost like you set a trap for them, but I know you didn't mean to, but it worked out that way.

I'm glad that at 18 you have more of a backbone and common sense and decency than some of your critics.

Just stay focused on the positive and steer clear of jerks the minute you see them coming and you'll be alright.

I saw one of your critics in here coming a mile away even though she feigned innocence and people defended her and even rejected me for it.

Whatever, the writing's on the wall.

A very very young person with half her life experience/wisdom shows bravery making her own thread, forethought to invite the right kinds of people and honesty saying she is ALREADY in counseling and STILL some people think she needs directions and to be debased. When will the public humiliation game stop? When someone at your work pantses you in front of your peers or subordinates? I hope that happens to some of you "grown ups". You deserve it and much much worse. You know who you are. (oh yeah and lest it's unclear....Shots. Fired.)

She was looking for FR's that was clear to me, unsure why it was not clear to people who pride themselves on reading comprehension and recognizing tone?
  • MrTolerable
    MrTolerable Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options

1257765644_monkeys.gif

:laugh: you can tell they share so much DNA with humans...

I love how the mother chimp doesn't go after the baby chimp who pushed pushed her baby in the water. A lot of human mothers would... if it was my baby I'd be looking for the parent(s) of the kid who pushed my kid in the water!

No, she let the mom of her kid's best friend take care of that. That's what I do.

^ :laugh:
  • Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I have lotsa nice people on my list. So yes, there is "anyone nice".
  • tcamp02
    tcamp02 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Good for you for standing up for her!
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    didnt read any replies or anything yet, but the title is def a solid one.

anyone get bingo from this thread?

also, congrats to OP for rendering a 5 page (at the time of this posting) intro thread. usually the introduction section gets pretty ignored, with threads only getting a few posts, if any.

hopefully this will still be up when i have time to read it because what ive gathered so far is that it started as a mean people thread, and is morphing into a MLM thread....good stuff all around!

EDIT: 6-page thread :laugh:

skull: How do you type underwater? And yes, I got BINGO 40 minutes ago with Salted Caramel, prior to this, I got the 'G' from the Beachbody coaches/shakeology/ thread.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    When the child was a child
    It walked with its arms swinging,
    wanted the brook to be a river,
    the river to be a torrent,
    and this puddle to be the sea.

When the child was a child,
    it didn’t know that it was a child,
    everything was soulful,
    and all souls were one.

it had no opinion about anything,
    had no habits,
    it often sat cross-legged,
    took off running,
    had a cowlick in its hair,
    and made no faces when photographed.

It was the time for these questions:
    Why am I me, and why not you?
    Why am I here, and why not there?
    When did time begin, and where does space end?
    Is life under the sun not just a dream?
    Is what I see and hear and smell
    not just an illusion of a world before the world?
    Given the facts of evil and people.
    does evil really exist?
    How can it be that I, who I am,
    didn’t exist before I came to be,
    and that, someday, I, who I am,
    will no longer be who I am?

It choked on spinach, on peas, on rice pudding,
    and on steamed cauliflower,
    and eats all of those now, and not just because it has to.

it awoke once in a strange bed,
    and now does so again and again.
    Many people, then, seemed beautiful,
    and now only a few do, by sheer luck.

It had visualized a clear image of Paradise,
    and now can at most guess,
    could not conceive of nothingness,
    and shudders today at the thought.

It played with enthusiasm,
    and, now, has just as much excitement as then,
    but only when it concerns its work.

It was enough for it to eat an apple, … bread,
    And so it is even now.

Berries filled its hand as only berries do,
    and do even now,
    Fresh walnuts made its tongue raw,
    and do even now,
    it had, on every mountaintop,
    the longing for a higher mountain yet,
    and in every city,
    the longing for an even greater city,
    and that is still so,
    It reached for cherries in topmost branches of trees
    with an elation it still has today,
    has a shyness in front of strangers,
    and has that even now.
    It awaited the first snow,
    And waits that way even now.

It threw a stick like a lance against a tree,
    And it quivers there still today.
  • mtruitt01
    mtruitt01 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    LOL to that! (people grouching because they're hungry!)
    I'm not going to kill myself trying to do anything fast--never worked for me before. Find the positives, unhook from the negatives. My favorite poster has lost a lot of weight, and posts delicious pictures of his full plates--veggies, grilled meat, yes, even bread and dessert. Slow and steady wins the race for me. I'm just glad I'm trying something new, and willing to listen to what works, and not buy in to the things I'm sure won't work long term for me.
    Enjoy the summer!
  • MrTolerable
    Options
    :blushing: I'm pretty nice

Yeah, me too.

Believe me.. I know :wink:

in my first 3 MFP PALS!
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I am going to say this and leave because threads like this make me so angry.

Last night my husband had a blog post about struggles he is dealing with involving his incredibly ill sister. The people of this website rallied around him with PMs of support. Some offering kind words of encouragement, other's seeking information in donating to her fundraiser. We haven't met any of these people in our offline lives --- some of the people we don't even know online. They just wanted to be kind and help.

Anyone who is here crying about mean people on this website or some moral decline of the membership can pretty much go pound salt as far as I am concerned. You don't like the responses you get -- evaluate the questions you asking an answer to. 9/10 people who are crying meanies just aren't hearing what they want to hear and that makes them angry, but it's followed up by zero self reflection.

^This x 100000000
  • MozzarellaSheep
    MozzarellaSheep Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Nice? Who has time to be NICE?

Just kidding. :3
    This website would be such a better tool if people were more supportive and less abrasive. <3
    People just get caught up in their own world and forget what it means to be a decent human being.

We're all here for the close to the same reason;
    To lose weight, maintain weight, count calories, track macros.
    It's not a popularity contest, but it wouldn't hurt to show a little compassion every once in a while instead of treating the forums like your own private punching bag.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    From what I have seen it's the mean ones that give out the best advice using common sense and science.

I guess that's why they are considered mean.

Personally I would rather have someone point out what I'm doing wrong and give solutions than give me some BS reply to make me feel better.
  • Summer2k14
    Summer2k14 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Okay, I would LOVE to say sorry for "painting everyone with one brush." I know there are very nice people on here, but sometimes you let the best get to you and just say everyone.

It is a few select people, but I will NOT pay attention to the - people, because my focus isn't on the -, it's on the +!

I am just saying though, how can this be a site about motivation and fitness, SOME people are attacking others, when all they want is THE SAME THING?!(Motivation & Support)

By the way, what in the H made some of you think I am high maintenance? If high maintenance is getting a horrible sunburn, making an ugly duck face, and straightening my hair, then you caught me! No one wants to look their worst, especially in pictures. :\

THANKS ALL OF THE WONDERFUL PEOPLE! AND TO ALL OF THE NEGATIVES! :) I hope y'all accept my apology :)
  • MrTolerable
    Options
    It's the internet, half the people are jerks and half the people will give money to total strangers. then there are those of us that are both.

^so gr8!
  • _Emma_Problema_
    _Emma_Problema_ Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Nice people don't like liars, I'm afraid.

WOW. You do know this is a teenage girl you're speaking to, right?

Being an insecure teenager and BS-ing your age in order to use a calorie counting site hardly makes someone a liar. I'm sure there are plenty of "liars" on here who clicked that they were 18 when they looked at certain sites growing up. :wink:

But seriously, get out your aggression somewhere else. FFS.
  • judyde
    judyde Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Everyone is starving and cranky! Eating at a calorie deficit sucks!

I think you hit the nail on the head, Fentyman!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Anecdote here...

About a year or two ago.. I posted on a thread and it had a picture of my abs. I have two moles on my right side (which I am self conscious about). A guy that I did not know made a mildly derogatory comment about them in an attempt at humor and it really (really) bothered me. I didn't say anything in response, but I nursed hurt / offense inside.

Some people bashed him on the thread in response to his comment, and they took it WAY too personal, insulting him and his profile pics... which was wrong IMO...

So I stood up for him in the thread - asked people to stop. Sent him a PM and we talked.
    He was being funny in his way, but because I was so insecure, I took it personally and overreacted.

He has been on my friends list ever since, and is a really awesome, smart, inspiring, and funny guy.

I'm so glad that I had that one "mean person" reply on my thread...
This discussion has been closed.