Is there anyone NICE!?

Options

Replies

• MrTolerable
    MrTolerable Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Everyone is starving and cranky! Eating at a calorie deficit sucks!

I think you hit the nail on the head, Fentyman!

^:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Love that.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I have lotsa nice people on my list. So yes, there is "anyone nice".

^this.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    Being an insecure teenager and BS-ing your age in order to use a calorie counting site hardly makes someone a liar. I'm sure there are plenty of "liars" on here who clicked that they were 18 when they looked at certain sites growing up. :wink:

But seriously, get out your aggression somewhere else. FFS.

Sorry, I'm too old to have had that particular experience, and I take out my aggression in the weight room, here I'm just playing around.
  • MrTolerable
    Options
    Anecdote here...

About a year or two ago.. I posted on a thread and it had a picture of my abs. I have two moles on my right side (which I am self conscious about). A guy that I did not know made a mildly derogatory comment about them in an attempt at humor and it really (really) bothered me. I didn't say anything in response, but I nursed hurt / offense inside.

Some people bashed him on the thread in response to his comment, and they took it WAY too personal, insulting him and his profile pics... which was wrong IMO...

So I stood up for him in the thread - asked people to stop. Sent him a PM and we talked.
    He was being funny in his way, but because I was so insecure, I took it personally and overreacted.

He has been on my friends list ever since, and is a really awesome, smart, inspiring, and funny guy.

I'm so glad that I had that one "mean person" reply on my thread...

^this is basically how I won over all my friends :bigsmile:

that and winks :wink:
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

1257765644_monkeys.gif

:laugh: you can tell they share so much DNA with humans...

I love how the mother chimp doesn't go after the baby chimp who pushed pushed her baby in the water. A lot of human mothers would... if it was my baby I'd be looking for the parent(s) of the kid who pushed my kid in the water!

No, she let the mom of her kid's best friend take care of that. That's what I do.

^ :laugh:

This gif just sums up why chimps and bonobos are my favourite animals :heart: - they're so clever and human-like
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    this isn't even a so-called "mean people" thread. despite what others are insisting. just because somebody on page 1 claims it to be so, doesn't make it so.

this is an 18 year old girl posting in the Introduce Yourself forum looking for friends. this little selection from her OP's post is open to various interpretations, and could simply be in response to previous feedback she's gotten on her threads in the past. she says she doesn't need a counselor, she already has one. isn't it conceivable that she's not making a blanket assertion about ALL of the mean MFP people? i think so.
    Every time I go on a post, I always see that one mean person. You can't even ask a question on here without someone telling you how you feel or telling you about your own life.

I don't need a counselor, telling me what I should do with my life; I already have one.

So why is everyone so mean? Or trying to tell ME how I feel??!

in fact, i'm fairly certain that she is talking about people who have been mean to her specifically in the past, and not a general indictment of the whole site, which is what so many people here have assumed.

in fact, i'm sure that her comments are specific to her personal situation - whatever that may be - and not directed at everyone. see the bolded parts quoted above.
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    By the way, what in the H made some of you think I am high maintenance? If high maintenance is getting a horrible sunburn, making an ugly duck face, and straightening my hair, then you caught me! No one wants to look their worst, especially in pictures. :\

If you are referring to my comment, no one on my friends list is whining about mean people. Having to explain this kind of makes my point. Hence, the pass.
  • RabbitLost
    RabbitLost Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Nice people don't like liars, I'm afraid.

WOW. You do know this is a teenage girl you're speaking to, right?

Being an insecure teenager and BS-ing your age in order to use a calorie counting site hardly makes someone a liar. I'm sure there are plenty of "liars" on here who clicked that they were 18 when they looked at certain sites growing up. :wink:

Sigh, there was no internet when I was 18. But if there was, I am quite certain I would have lied and fibbed my way into any site that said I could not be there. Why? Cuz!
  • _Emma_Problema_
    _Emma_Problema_ Posts: 261 Member
    Options

Sorry, I'm too old to have had that particular experience, and I take out my aggression in the weight room, here I'm just playing around.

Congrats. Your sense of fun is tormenting a teenage girl. If you're too old to have had that experience, you're probably too old to be doing that too.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    didnt read any replies or anything yet, but the title is def a solid one.

anyone get bingo from this thread?

also, congrats to OP for rendering a 5 page (at the time of this posting) intro thread. usually the introduction section gets pretty ignored, with threads only getting a few posts, if any.

hopefully this will still be up when i have time to read it because what ive gathered so far is that it started as a mean people thread, and is morphing into a MLM thread....good stuff all around!

EDIT: 6-page thread :laugh:

skull: How do you type underwater? And yes, I got BINGO 40 minutes ago with Salted Caramel, prior to this, I got the 'G' from the Beachbody coaches/shakeology/ thread.

congrats on bingo!

as far as typing underwater goes....i just scream the word i want, which gets captured in a bubble. when it reaches the surface, it pops and the word is heard by my wife who waits patiently on deck with her laptop, ready to compose my messages to the dry world.
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options

+1 I have a daughter her age. I see 19 year old's as children. Cut her some slack
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Anecdote here...

About a year or two ago.. I posted on a thread and it had a picture of my abs. I have two moles on my right side (which I am self conscious about). A guy that I did not know made a mildly derogatory comment about them in an attempt at humor and it really (really) bothered me. I didn't say anything in response, but I nursed hurt / offense inside.

Some people bashed him on the thread in response to his comment, and they took it WAY too personal, insulting him and his profile pics... which was wrong IMO...

So I stood up for him in the thread - asked people to stop. Sent him a PM and we talked.
    He was being funny in his way, but because I was so insecure, I took it personally and overreacted.

He has been on my friends list ever since, and is a really awesome, smart, inspiring, and funny guy.

Actually... in your case, I think people were curious to see if you really ARE the person you portray yourself to be on the threads. :wink:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    :blushing: I'm pretty nice

Yeah, me too.

Believe me.. I know :wink:

in my first 3 MFP PALS!
    :flowerforyou:
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    this isn't even a so-called "mean people" thread. [...]isn't it conceivable that she's not making a blanket assertion about ALL of the mean MFP people? i think so.
    So why is everyone so mean?

Denno man. That's the troublesome thing about strong rhetoric and hyperbole. Makes it hard to tell what someone is saying. "Why is everyone so sensitive???"
  • MrTolerable
    Options
    :blushing: I'm pretty nice

Yeah, me too.

Believe me.. I know :wink:

in my first 3 MFP PALS!
    :flowerforyou:

:blows kiss from PA:
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    Options

Congrats. Your sense of fun is tormenting a teenage girl. If you're too old to have had that experience, you're probably too old to be doing that too.

Please point out where I've said anything unkind to the OP.
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options

^^Pretty sure the post you quoted was at the person with no profile picture that has been promoting a MLM scheme on here, not at the 18 year old OP....... Chill out.
  • MrTolerable
    Options
    Anecdote here...

Actually... in your case, I think people were curious to see if you really ARE the person you portray yourself to be on the threads. :wink:

:laugh:

Guess they gotta send a request to find out. :wink:
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Oh, LORD! Another mean people post! So far, this summer has been epic!
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    Options

^^Pretty sure the post you quoted was at the person with no profile picture that has been promoting a MLM scheme on here, not at the 18 year old OP....... Chill out.

Yup.
This discussion has been closed.