Is there anyone NICE!?

Options

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Okay, I will just correct another thing.

When I say MEAN, I don't mean "You can push yourself a little harder, you know?" and "You need to understand that being sexy isn't everything, being healthy is why we are all here."

When I say MEAN, I do mean "You're so fat, you need to lose some pounds, piggy."
    OR
    "You're too whiney, my friend's aren't mean. Get over it. No one cares about this crap."

So my "mean" was taken 200 different ways....

I may be 18, but I have the mind and writing skills of Carrie Bradshaw. Smart. Friendly. :)))))

Okay, thanks. :)

The other day, a person was complaining about getting torn apart on a thread. Somebody linked to it and asked her to point out the negative comments.

She couldn't find any. They'd all been removed by a moderator.

She was confused because she hadn't reported anything. It turns out that was the other people on the thread who had.

Focusing on the one mean person is self-defeating. Look at the 99 people who are being supportive on every thread. Friend them. Chance are, the truly great people on this website have already taken action against the one butthead.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    WOW, this whole thread, WOW
  • _Emma_Problema_
    _Emma_Problema_ Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Being an insecure teenager and BS-ing your age in order to use a calorie counting site hardly makes someone a liar. I'm sure there are plenty of "liars" on here who clicked that they were 18 when they looked at certain sites growing up. :wink:

But seriously, get out your aggression somewhere else. FFS.

Sorry, I'm too old to have had that particular experience, and I take out my aggression in the weight room, here I'm just playing around.

Congrats. Your sense of fun is tormenting a teenage girl. If you're too old to have had that experience, you're probably too old to be doing that too.

Please point out where I've said anything unkind to the OP.

I honestly didn't have the time to read through the complete thread to see all the things people have been saying to the OP. If you didn't say anything mean, why were you so defensive?

That you haven't read everything is apparent, that's why you're confusing who is making comments to whom. I can't speak for the person who you originally called out about the liar comment, but from what I could tell based on context it did not appear to be made about the OP, it WAS made right after a completely different person got called out because they were trying to claim they were being picked on for *mistakenly* promoting a BB product when they had in fact just been promoting it *again* on another thread today. And given that you mistakenly accused me of tormenting a teenager (I only do that in my classroom), I don't see how it's being defensive to ask that you keep your facts strait.

That could be true. No clue. But she didnt quote anyone and when you do that you're generally talking to the OP. But I still don't get why you were defensive about it. Sorry not to have been paying enough attention to an Mfp thread.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    "I only want to get feedback that validates everything I'm doing, even if I'm doing something wrong or unsafe."

-Every person who's ever posted a "mean people" thread

I disagree. I agree that sometimes people misunderstand a response or take it too personally but that doesn't mean that there aren't posters who leave rude comments. Sometimes people just get tired of seeing rudeness and sarcasm. There are tons of nice people on here. There are people who try to give constructive criticism and are mistaken for being mean. Then there are people who are genuinely being mean. Saying you don't like the mean responses doesn't mean you want validation and sugar coated responses.

Yes. However, starting a whole thread is a horse of a different color.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    LOL ** TELL ME ABOUT IT:) Just got back on here and there seem to be quite a few haters since a few years ago. It was my understanding that we're all in this together but then you've got your "Know it alls" and former "heavy weights turned light weights" and now discriminate against being overweight. (Clearly the weight loss did not help (ALL) of their issues.

Hang in there, girl:) There are quite a few cool people that are straight up:))

BEST TO YOU :):)
    Marie

I've been here a number of years and I'm in the forums a lot both reading and responding to people and I have NEVER seen ANYONE put someone down for being heavy.

I have seen people rally around each other. I have seen people take much time of out of their day to dig through people's diaries to find the heart of the problem. I have seen people come back to threads again and again to help people. I have seen people help others through situations. I have also seen people tell it like it is without sugar coating. I have NEVER seen anyone who was formerly overweight discriminate against someone who is overweight.
  • Atrocity108
    Atrocity108 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP for years, just on different accounts. Every time I go on a post, I always see that one mean person. You can't even ask a question on here without someone telling you how you feel or telling you about your own life.

I don't need a counselor, telling me what I should do with my life; I already have one.

So why is everyone so mean? Or trying to tell ME how I feel??!

Please don't be rude on this post, I am just looking for NICE people.

I don't need a "congrats" everyday, just want to see other people and how their doing with their progress :)

18 years old, going to college in Fall
    SW:220
    CW:213.6
    GW:198 (for now)

So if you're nice, I will add/accept. Everyone needs a good friend on here. :)
    :blushing: :flowerforyou: :love: :smile:
    **And I am sure I am not the only person who feels this way**

this is pretty true. I have met some nice people, though.

I just dont sit in judgement of anyone. We can all be cool with eachother!
  • LumberJacck
    LumberJacck Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Everyone is starving and cranky! Eating at a calorie deficit sucks!

It's the same on the dating website I use (nzdating.com), people there are really angry or rude. I assume it's because they aren't getting any.
  • zericaaaaa
    zericaaaaa Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    we all need to stop analyzing each other to death
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Is this about the other thread where someone told you that trying to control your 16 year old boyfriends eating was crazy? Because that wasn't mean at all IMO.

Also in for moon moon.
  • Excuse_less
    Excuse_less Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    *kitten* smacks

sorry .......wrong thread? ;-)
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    No. In fact I cannot be nice.

LIAR

+1. My first interaction on these threads was him saving me from myself warning me the thread I started was gonna cause a ruckus. I thought it was a benign topic but didn't understand the nature of the beast yet.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Bump--because this is getting interesting.
  • Crozinoz
    Crozinoz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm nice! :-). And I won't lecture you...promise!! :-). Add me if you'd like a friend with a positive attitude ....mostly!! Lol
  • Wasatcher
    Wasatcher Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    "can you feel the love tonight.... It is where we are…"

Everybody....sing....
  • zericaaaaa
    zericaaaaa Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    "can you feel the love tonight.... It is where we are…"

Everybody....sing....

<3333 YOUUUU
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    OP posted a thread about how to get her boyfriend to eat healthier. Someone posted something she didn't like (that was *not* mean) - she replied to that at like 2:30, and this thread at like 2:40. Prior to that she hasn't posted much of anything since 2013.

She's not a victim, she got pissed and threw a hissy fit. Mystery = solved.
  • aquafitted14
    aquafitted14 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Im nice all the time but im really really nice if I can cheat my diet with a pepperoni pizza. No, But for real I heard a lot of people saying the same but...i havent encountered anyone mean as of yet on MFP.
  • jcrav77
    jcrav77 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I think I understand what you are saying. I left another site due to negative vibes. However, I saw someone post something on here that made sense. People who are on here consistently and give advice day in a day out have figured out the system and how it works for them. They also give advice that is often overlooked or not used and they keep seeing the same type of post over and over. They get frustrated and jaded. So they start making remarks that some may take personally or as Mean. They are not mean people they are just trying to motivate you. Also some people need to have someone be "mean" to them to motivate them. Look at some of the personal trainers on TV. Very motivating and mean but I would love to spend one session with them. They care or they would not respond at all.
  • chicalatina4eva3
    chicalatina4eva3 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Girlfight-kick-dodge-handspring.gif?

how i take the rude comments.
  • chicalatina4eva3
    chicalatina4eva3 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thanks-turtle-bro.gif?

how we all should be. >>helping each other
This discussion has been closed.