Just for fun - Favorite baby names

Options

Replies

• butterrum13
    butterrum13 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I prefer classical names and am slightly obsessed with baby naming.

My all-time favorite girl name is Cecily (jerk husband would not let me use it for either of our daughters). Instead I have Elizabeth and Audrey, which are lovely too. If I had another she would be Catherine, Adeline, or Margot. Also love Hannah, Leah, Hattie, & Charlotte.

My little dude is Bennett. For years I dreamed of a little Charlie but the name is used multiple times in hubby's family so we named him for my grandpa instead. Other loves are James, Henry, Dalton, & Felix.
  • Phaedra_27
    Phaedra_27 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I don't have kids, but I like these names for girls: Elena, Alexia, Cecily

I struggle with boy names...lol. I have no idea what I would name a potential son!
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I don't want kids, but when I was younger and thought I would someday, I always liked the names Sebastian, Seth, Caleb, Delilah and Virginia.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom, so I've had plenty of time to think about baby names.

Zoe
    Emma
    Grace
    Natalia
    Isabella

James
    Joshua
    Raj
    Rohan
  • 1911JR
    1911JR Posts: 276
    Options
    Boy = Egore

Girl = Jethrene
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Can we just stop adding extra letters at random to kid's names? That would make my life so much easier at baby showers.

Haylieghe (as opposed to haley) is the worst offender I've seen in a while.

Also misspellings of classic names drive me nuts. Worked with a Brandan. Misspelled his name at least 10000000 times
  • ZoofMW
    ZoofMW Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Mia and Ellis are my current favorites for a girl. Quinten and Elijah for a boy. Hope I get to use them in the next couple of years too :D
  • whitneysin
    whitneysin Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I love the name Indigo for a girl
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    I love the name Indigo for a girl

That is cute. :)
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    I've always liked my own name, Hillary.

I'm actually 13 weeks pregnant now with our first child. If it's a boy, he will be James William _____ III.

If it's a girl, she will be Lillian Lucille. Both are family names on both sides of our families. Lots of nickname potential here. :happy:

Other names I've considered for a girl:

Lillian Rose - hubby says is too flowery
    Lydia Rose
    Halley Jean - Jean being my sister's middle name and my aunt's middle name who passed away at 37 yo.
  • feedmedonuts
    feedmedonuts Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Can we just stop adding extra letters at random to kid's names? That would make my life so much easier at baby showers.

Also misspellings of classic names drive me nuts. Worked with a Brandan. Misspelled his name at least 10000000 times

My name is Kyleigh. The G in the has always bugged me a little, although I like the name.

I'm expecting a girl in December and my husband and I don't agree on anything. I really like Corina, Heather, Kaylin, and Emma. I love Natalie too but my best friend named her daughter that. Emma is the only one he said "maybe" too. He wants "Claire"....sorry to anyone with that name, but...hell no.

If she was a he- Adam or Micah.
  • BlueButterfly94
    BlueButterfly94 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Nathaniel... I am soooo naming my first son Nathaniel.
  • lna_1981
    lna_1981 Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Alaina and Robbie ♥ my kid's names lol
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Aw... If I ever have a child, these would be the names I'd consider:

Girl:
    1. Lilium (Lily for short)
    2. Elhaym (Elly for short)
    3. Faye
    4. Bella (Bell for short)
    5. Rinoa (Rini or Rina for short)

Boy:
    1. Jin
    2. Kei
    3. Noel
    4. Ryu

I like Japanese names for boys. hehe A lot of these names came from books, shows, and games that I love. :D
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    We tried so hard not to be trendy with our kids. We wanted to go with names that had meaning to us and that we hadn't heard often. But apparently we accidentally threw in with a trend because my son is always one of at least two Henrys in his class, and my daughter is constantly meeting other Libertys. (At least so far we've only found one other Ferris - and he's so disappointed by that! lol) We're done with kids, but I have a HUGE arsenal of names if we ever get a dog...
  • sjmoran
    sjmoran Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    One of my neighbours growing up had dogs called Romulus and Remus!

I chose names for my girls that aren't that popular. In all my years teaching I've never met a Maya, and I've taught two Zoës. Jack is in the top two most popular names in England, but we love the name, and it's classic and will suit a child and an adult. I hate all those names like Jayden, Caiden, Brayden etc.
    [/quote]

Awesome! I can't stand those names either. I do like classic names too, like I really love Virginia. Jack is a good name. It's funny about the name Maya or Zoey because I hear those names all the time now. Collective unconscious I think. When my parents were looking for a name for me they hardly knew any Sara's but sure enough in my 2nd grade class alone there were 3 of us! It's interesting.
  • sjmoran
    Options

My name is Kyleigh. The G in the has always bugged me a little, although I like the name.

I'm expecting a girl in December and my husband and I don't agree on anything. I really like Corina, Heather, Kaylin, and Emma. I love Natalie too but my best friend named her daughter that. Emma is the only one he said "maybe" too. He wants "Claire"....sorry to anyone with that name, but...hell no.

If she was a he- Adam or Micah.

How about Micah for her??
  • sjmoran
    Options
    We tried so hard not to be trendy with our kids. We wanted to go with names that had meaning to us and that we hadn't heard often. But apparently we accidentally threw in with a trend because my son is always one of at least two Henrys in his class, and my daughter is constantly meeting other Libertys. (At least so far we've only found one other Ferris - and he's so disappointed by that! lol) We're done with kids, but I have a HUGE arsenal of names if we ever get a dog...

It's the whole collective unconscious thing, I think sometimes it's unavoidable. I just wonder about the people who know the trendy names but do it anyway. I guess if they just truly love the name then I can't be mad at them.
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Jessica. Jake. Santiago. Maya. Tristan. Andres.
  • riirii93_
    riirii93_ Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    paloma & roberto are my favorites. my bf wants to bring a 3rd agustín into his family one day, hah. but i'm not a fan of junior/senior naming.

now to laugh at ridiculous names.

i had a friend who legitimately wanted to name her son KALE.
    a girl at my brother’s high school graduation was named ‘antquanetta’.