Your most hated BUG!

Options

Replies

• TX_Thundercat
    TX_Thundercat Posts: 2,437 Member
    Options
    Ok...So I've been in the woods today with my kiddos for a good part of the day and can I just say that I HATE BUGS! I can deal with poison ivy, hot sun, worms, snakes, and spiders but I hate ALL bugs!

I hate flies, stinkbugs, and ticks! Why the hell are these bugs even on earth? They serve no purpose other than to piss me off!:angry::explode: :grumble:

Ok, vent over.
    [/quote

These insects are there because they fit into the circle of life, usually as food for something else. It's NOT about you.
    I personally have no problem with insects, they have a right to be there. The bumblebees pollinate our garden ( since chemical pollution is killing off honeybees), flies, stinkbugs, Japanese beetles and such are food for my free range ducks , and for the toads that also kill pests in my garden.......wise up, honey, the insects support life on earth. Without insects there would be no life.

*starts chant* MelsAuntie loves buuugs! MelsAuntie loves buuuugs...

And hates pit bulls but that's another thread....

Well that makes perfect sense...
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Ok...So I've been in the woods today with my kiddos for a good part of the day and can I just say that I HATE BUGS! I can deal with poison ivy, hot sun, worms, snakes, and spiders but I hate ALL bugs!

I hate flies, stinkbugs, and ticks! Why the hell are these bugs even on earth? They serve no purpose other than to piss me off!:angry::explode: :grumble:

Ok, vent over.
    [/quote

These insects are there because they fit into the circle of life, usually as food for something else. It's NOT about you.
    I personally have no problem with insects, they have a right to be there. The bumblebees pollinate our garden ( since chemical pollution is killing off honeybees), flies, stinkbugs, Japanese beetles and such are food for my free range ducks , and for the toads that also kill pests in my garden.......wise up, honey, the insects support life on earth. Without insects there would be no life.

Well, explain wasps then, smartarse? They are here, primarily, to F with us.

Also hate jenny long legs (terrifying) and wood lice :/
  • angie007az
    angie007az Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Scorpion.

Is that actually a bug? Thank God they don't exist in PA. They are the things nightmares are made of!

Yes, I consider them bugs. I have a bug company spray all around my home every 3 months. When you live out in the desert, you can't avoid them.
  • Flab2Fab27
    Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member
    Options

Ok, vent over.

Good morning, Satan.

:laugh:
  • dcxens
    dcxens Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Palmetto Bugs aka Giant Flying Roaches

Oh yes, these most definitely do exist! And it is far and away the bug I hate the most as well! I believe NoRussian must live here in South Carolina, as "Palmetto Bug" is our genteel euphemism for this horrifying winged wood roach. I swannee (since nice Southern girls aren't supposed to swear, or even say the word "swear"), if it wasn't bad enough that they are 4 inches long, they had to go and have WINGS as well! Yeah, let's allow this horror to FLY! Aagh!
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,469 Member
    Options
    Scorpion.

Is that actually a bug? Thank God they don't exist in PA. They are the things nightmares are made of!

Yes, I consider them bugs. I have a bug company spray all around my home every 3 months. When you live out in the desert, you can't avoid them.

So a few months ago I was SO sore from weights so my husband decided to give me a massage.. I was super excited because we had a nice fire going and everything.. so I strip down and lie on a blanket on the floor... About 10 minutes in, my husband moves and then says, "crap I must have just sat on a lego." But no legos were around. Then about 2-3 minutes later, my left thigh and wrist start burning like an ember had got on me which is physically impossible... Then my husband saw it................. a 2 inch scorpion on the floor...

I started having my first panic attack. Couldn't breathe. Totally ruined my massage but did help with the soreness since I didn't give a crap anymore. We think it came from the wood pile that was in our house and we just moved the wood to start a fire and BAM. Stung multiple times... My husband was stung in the grundle though.... Yeah, the grundle...
  • Flab2Fab27
    Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Wolf spiders! I can handle the others, but they skeeze me out. Also, ticks, fleas, and mosquitos. Cockroaches. I think I'm gonna' be sick...

I am fond of wolf spiders. There is a large one living in the stone wall in my kitchen, and she is welcome to be there, as she hunts the flies that get into the house.

What makes you think it's not hunting you???
  • TX_Thundercat
    Options
    Scorpion.

So a few months ago I was SO sore from weights so my husband decided to give me a massage.. I was super excited because we had a nice fire going and everything.. so I strip down and lie on a blanket on the floor... About 10 minutes in, my husband moves and then says, "crap I must have just sat on a lego." But no legos were around. Then about 2-3 minutes later, my left thigh and wrist start burning like an ember had got on me which is physically impossible... Then my husband saw it................. a 2 inch scorpion on the floor...

I started having my first panic attack. Couldn't breathe. Totally ruined my massage but did help with the soreness since I didn't give a crap anymore. We think it came from the wood pile that was in our house and we just moved the wood to start a fire and BAM. Stung multiple times... My husband was stung in the grundle though.... Yeah, the grundle...

somm4i.jpg
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Anything with tons of legs or resembling anything like worms and caterpillars or anything larger than my hand. That and highly intelligent bugs in Japan. I once had a paying mantis take a ride on my shoulder for hours without me knowing. Whenever I felt something weird, I'd reach back to touch my shoulders or my back but that little thing would keep dodging my hand!! I swear I was going crazy until a few hours in and I see it nonchalantly sitting on my shoulder like it was taunting me. :noway:
  • kinkyslinky16
    Options

somm4i.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

This happened in Texas..........................
  • ChrissyC1985
    ChrissyC1985 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    not the biggest fan of bugs but least favourite are mosquitos, fleas, ticks and crane flies. the crane fly creeps me out, also they like to fly at my face and follow me round the house if one gets in. not fun!
  • TX_Thundercat
    Options

somm4i.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

This happened in Texas..........................

Awesome. I'll be sleeping on the roof tonight. And forever.
  • johnnyhatesjazz
    johnnyhatesjazz Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Roach+band.+What+do+you+think+what+kind+of+music_10a7f1_4660263.gif
    ^That's funny right there lol
  • johnnyhatesjazz
    johnnyhatesjazz Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Roaches I hate roaches
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Scorpion.

tumblr_mlzgux5gRW1rcy99do1_500.gif
  • kinkyslinky16
    Options
    Awesome. I'll be sleeping on the roof tonight. And forever.

We get scorpions because there's a lot of new construction around us.. but usually those are no longer than an inch. THIS crazy *kitten* was GINORMOUS so we know it came from the wood pile and just hid until we burned its safe place.

Lesson learned: ALWAYS, ALWAYS keep wood outside. Only bring in the logs you plan on using at that time. lol.
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    This whole thread gives me the heebie jeebies....
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    I'm okay with most bugs. I must be bitter, since mosquitos don't bother me most of the time, and I just give wasps their space (when practical ... but they aren't allowed to build a nest on my house). I actually like spiders, they eat the bugs that eat my garden.

The one I hate hate hate is the earwig. They just look creepy, and they are always finding ways to get into my house. I know it's just a myth, but I heard the story about them burrowing in your ear about the same time I first saw Star Trek II (and I was about 6 at the time), so they really give me the heebie-jeebies.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    The typo on line 1284.
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    roaches are my most hated.