Women: How much does a guy's height really matter?

Options

Replies

• MeganAnne89
    MeganAnne89 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Wait, let me pull out my cheat sheet for judging people. I don't go anywhere without it, it shows me exactly how I should value a person based on attributes that are all assigned a weight in the algorithm in conjunction with how much I value that particular attribute. How people get by without one of these, I'll never know.

I really get what you're saying, but I can't control that I'm normally attracted to taller men. That's just an inherent preference of mine.

That doesn't mean that I think men who are shorter than that are worthless human beings, far from it.
  • Lofteren
    Lofteren Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Wait, do y'all mean a guy's height while standing or when he's laying on his back?
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Well, every time I see a basketball player with a woman who is barely 5,' I want to warn them. Tiny woman, giant babies.
  • T_Roc
    T_Roc Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    It shouldn't matter these days because most women wear 4-5 inch heels. My wife is taller than me with heels on, and I love it. I'm 5'11
  • culo97
    culo97 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    It matters to me. I'm 5'6" & I prefer 5'9" or taller. Since I'm a large person, I'd like at least one characteristic where I'm not the biggest one in the relationship. Plus my father was 6'4" and my mother 5'3", so that kinda set the expectation of the size difference in a relationship.

For some reason, I tend to attract men who are 5'3 - 5'7". Call me shallow but I can't get past the height thing.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Coming from a 5'8" guy, I'm hoping the answer to this is, "Not at all" :bigsmile:
  • Sbrn_
    Sbrn_ Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I don't care for height at all. I actually really don't get all the fuss about it. :huh:
    It's an attribute that I find neither unattractive or attractive, it's just a "bland" characteristic to me. If there's a person I find physically attractive but is short, and another person who is average but is tall I'd go for the short guy every time.
  • memelizzy
    memelizzy Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter, I'm 5' 8 3/4" and my husband is 5'7". I can't really say it's because I'm 59years old either because I never noticed height before I dated anyone. I agree with the ladies who have mentioned self-confidence (not arrogance!!) in men. That goes a long way in making a woman feel safe, secure and feminine. Men are a wonderful part of society no matter how tall or short they are!! :flowerforyou:
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    I like women that like tall men. :)
  • Docbanana2002
    Docbanana2002 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and have dated anywhere from 5'4" to 6'4". It really isn't all that important. If I want to reach a high shelf, I grab a stepladder. If I want to feel "safe", I grab my Smith & Wesson. ;)

Seriously I don't want to be coddled and protected like a child by a man, nor need someone to tower over me. I want a partner in life who is funny and kind and who has integrity and good judgment. Someone who makes me feel safe in the sense that HE is a safe person to open up to and share things with. Looks have nothing to do with that.
  • FuturenurseBNH
    Options
    I prefer to have a guy that's taller than me which is 5'9
  • hotmamajenE
    hotmamajenE Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I prefer taller prob. 6ft and up
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    It doesn't. If he's shorter than me, I can give him piggyback rides and make fun of him when he can't ride carnival rides, and if he's taller than me, I won't need to get a stepstool.
  • zeastronomer
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and have dated anywhere from 5'4" to 6'4". It really isn't all that important. If I want to reach a high shelf, I grab a stepladder. If I want to feel "safe", I grab my Smith & Wesson. ;)

Seriously I don't want to be coddled and protected like a child by a man, nor need someone to tower over me. I want a partner in life who is funny and kind and who has integrity and good judgment. Someone who makes me feel safe in the sense that HE is a safe person to open up to and share things with. Looks have nothing to do with that.

Docbanana2002, you are the voice of wisdom.
  • sugarstrawberries
    sugarstrawberries Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I don't care for height at all. I actually really don't get all the fuss about it. :huh:
    It's an attribute that I find neither unattractive or attractive, it's just a "bland" characteristic to me. If there's a person I find physically attractive but is short, and another person who is average but is tall I'd go for the short guy every time.

Yeah, I don't get it either. I liked being with someone my height (5'4"), I liked being with people taller. My friend is 5' and was complaining that a guy she wanted to date was her height. Okay? Do you like him though?
  • TheNewoImproved
    TheNewoImproved Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    It matters to me. I'd be okay with a man my same height (5'9") but I don't think I could consider someone shorter.
    Although...I do enjoy being taller than my 6' husband when I wear heels
  • amjo2693
    amjo2693 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    here's the thing. I like a man who I can feel safe with. Now, a man my height and frame, maybe, but i feel safer with men who are taller than me just because of that protectiveness they can provide with you tucking your head under their chin and their arms wrapping around you. Got to be taller.

This :smile:
  • jennybinney1987
    jennybinney1987 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    here's the thing. I like a man who I can feel safe with. Now, a man my height and frame, maybe, but i feel safer with men who are taller than me just because of that protectiveness they can provide with you tucking your head under their chin and their arms wrapping around you. Got to be taller.

this exactly
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

this exactly

What exactly am I going to be doing that I'll need to be physically "protected" by my mate? How do I know that just because he is tall that he has any skill what so ever at hand-to-hand combat?
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    It shouldn't matter these days because most women wear 4-5 inch heels. My wife is taller than me with heels on, and I love it. I'm 5'11

I'm 5'4". Never more than a two inch heel. Taller than me is good.