Dumbest comment I get told everyday about working out is...

Options

Replies

• mariellefrench
    Options
    "don't overdo it" :grumble:

omg...story of my frickin life
  • Bageeeta
    Bageeeta Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    If you lift weights your muscles will get bigger.. Some people are gullible...
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    "Oh walking? Walking is not an exercise. Everyone walks all the time" Said to me by a friend who thinks unless you run marathons or puke your insides out in the gym you aren't doing enough to lose weight.

Tell that to my 500+ NET calorie burns per walk.
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    When people ask me what my secret is for getting so big and strong I want to lean in really close and whisper something crazy like, "I drink my morning urine" or "I always keep a banana in my *kitten*"

AHAHAHAHAHA :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • fatcity66
    Options
    The main thing that makes me crazy is food related, not exercise related. When we have birthday celebrations here (once a month) and we have cake, some of my coworkers will literally scrape the frosting off from my cake because I am "one a diet", according to them. I told them that I am fully aware of what I can and cannot eat and don't need them to a. police my food or b. make a big deal about it in front of all of the other employees. Seriously, I've lost the weight all by myself, I don't need anyone telling me what I can and cannot eat.

I would shove that cake in their frigging faces. :explode:
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    I always just get comments from the other Mums about how short my shorts are or generally just comments about how fit I look or what I'm wearing, or just drawing attention constantly to my body.

To be honest after a lifetime of no comments,(17 years in a relationship) I'm getting sick of it. I can tell it's not always from a healthy place, and I feel like I'm being judged. I'm also sick of their husbands flirting with me now that I'm single. It's very weird. Oh well, suppose I shouldn't complain, but it's amazing how much physical appearance can affect us.
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    Oh yes and when someone asks you how you got in shape and you tell them that you eat loads of carbs. I hate when the glazed over look comes, because they just can't accept that low carb isn't always the answer. You just know they're going, oh well, she's different, born with a fast metabolism.

I mention how many years I low carbed for, and how unfit I was but they just think I'm making it up.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I'm at the top range of what's considered overweight for my height, 30 lbs to go before I'm "normal," and more than one person has already asked me if I was at my goal weight. LOL no.

OH and the people that ask me, "Should you be eating that on your diet?" LOL yes.

Actually, that's why I don't really tell people I'm trying to lose weight, because I didn't want everyone and their grandma to feel like they have the right to give me unsolicited advice.

OHOHOH and the dismissive, almost disbelieving look people give me when I tell them I lost 50 lbs eating what I wanted, just counting calories, while they're talking about how this or that food is "bad." Every. Single. Time.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    The main thing that makes me crazy is food related, not exercise related. When we have birthday celebrations here (once a month) and we have cake, some of my coworkers will literally scrape the frosting off from my cake because I am "one a diet", according to them. I told them that I am fully aware of what I can and cannot eat and don't need them to a. police my food or b. make a big deal about it in front of all of the other employees. Seriously, I've lost the weight all by myself, I don't need anyone telling me what I can and cannot eat.

+1 Dude, if anybody touched my cake, I would freakin' cut them! I love cake!
  • fatcity66
    Options
    I agree I don't need a woman with muscles, all natural for me please!

What exactly is "unnatural" about muscles?
    If women didn't have muscles, we'd just be gelatinous masses with bones floating in them.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Necro thread etc

/12char

4 days does not a necro thread make.
  • HereWeGoAgain7
    HereWeGoAgain7 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Maybe not everyday, but fairly frequently:

"your gym partner(s) are all men? so do you want to look like a man or do they want to look like a woman?"

Really? its neither. It's just that right now our goals are running parallel to each other as far as lifting and increasing cardio endurance goes and it helps to have someone else there embracing the suck with you.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    Options
    From another thread, just this morning..."With a body like that, I am wondering why she's on MFP?"

Sigh.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Not everyday ( most days I don't leave the farm so I don't see that many people) but I get comments like " Take it easy, you're working too hard, I worry about you". Huh? If I don't, the horses and ducks don't get fed, stalls and duckhouse don't get cleaned, feed and hay doesn't get hauled, garden doesn't get weeded, etc. It's not as though I have a choice.
  • MelsAuntie
    Options

THIS^^^ All day long.
  • MelsAuntie
    Options
    I agree I don't need a woman with muscles, all natural for me please!
    [/quote

Muscles are unnatural?]
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Not really about working out but more diet related:

"You gotta ask yourself about all those carbs" ~ my (overweight) dad as I reached for a hot dog bun on the Fourth.

"Clearly, I'm doing it wrong, Dad"

HAHA I had someone over weight take the bread basket away from me and tell me I had an eating disorder (as in I was eating the bread)
  • Andiebeanluvsu
    Andiebeanluvsu Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    My personal favorite:

"Are you sure this is a sustainable way to lose weight? Do you really think you'll be able to keep up tracking calories and exercising FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE?"

Um, yep. That's why it's called a lifestyle change.

Also

"You can't have (fill in anything "non-diet-y"), aren't you on a diet?!"
  • kristanvdub
    kristanvdub Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My favorite is "If I was as skinny as you I'd eat anything I wanted."

I'm so skinny because I don't eat whatever I want lol

Another good one "You're so skinny what happens if you get sick?"

I rarely get sick because I take care of myself...grrr
  • Tiki1978
    Tiki1978 Posts: 364
    Options