Let's talk about Peanut Butter!

Replies

• schmanciepants
    schmanciepants Posts: 62 Member
    I love love love Skippy Naturals a Super Chunk with Honey.....have to really be careful as I can just eat by the spoonful. I wouldn't keep it around, but give it to the kids with apples, so I have had to learn to moderate.

By the way, am now thinking of the Skippy in my cupboard :frown:
  • wannakimmy
    wannakimmy Posts: 488 Member
    Love peanut butter... Can put it on most anything lol I usually have a chocolate rice cake with 1.5 TBS of peanut butter as my treat. Its about 200 calories. Could eat A LOT more of it would fit in my calorie goal...
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    I love both peanut butter and almond butter, freshly ground as often as possible. I eat 16 grams of peanut butter in my oatmeal on weekday mornings and 16 grams on my sandwich for lunch (on homemade bread). It's one of the most delicious foods out there.
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    I once ate an entire jar of peanut butter in one evening.

There may have been alcohol involved.

And also oreos

<3<3<3
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    I just got pb2. 45 Cal for 2tbsp.

How does it taste when compared to regular peanut butter? Did you think it was worth it pricewise? I noticed that if you get it on the Bell Plantation site it's around half the price of GNC or Amazon. I'm thinking of trying it out.
    Honestly, if you love peanut butter it will not cut it.

The taste is the same, it goes great in smoothies and oatmeal and baked goods.
    But trying to eat it mixed with water on its own will make you very sad.
  • sabolfitwife
    sabolfitwife Posts: 424 Member
    I could honestly eat a whole jar to myself in a sitting. Generally I'll have three spoonfuls but then I feel miserable. So I've learned to stick to the 2 tbsp. serving size ONCE a day. I plan out my meals the night before so I decide if I want my peanut butter for breakfast or save it for dessert.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    PB and pickle sandwiches used to be one of my go-to midnight snacks. I've mostly stopped eating nut butters since cutting calories. There's so many more interesting things I want to fit into my diary every day! Besides, I much prefer making my own nut butters with herbs and spices as flavorings. Pistachio butter with thyme is a revelation. Brazil nut butter with cinnamon is heaven.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    PB&CO dark chocolate for life!

If peanut butter is wrong, I never want to be right.
  • pds06
    pds06 Posts: 298 Member
    I tried PB2, not good:noway:
    Crazy Richards natural, yum
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    I :heart: peanut butter!!!!
    Nearly every morning for breakfast I have a tablespoon on a slice of whole wheat bread (with a glass of milk + carnation instant breakfast, and a banana).
    As long as it fits into your calories & fat for the day, eat it. (In moderation, of course.)
    I have discovered the Skippy Naturals, which have lower sugar. Holsum all-natural is good too, but you have to stir it. And many groceries offer ground-in-house nut butters.
  • Life0fbrian
    Life0fbrian Posts: 69 Member
    if its natural its fine.

thats my opinion anyways.

im sure you can over it eat it, but a couple tablespoons a day is probably more healthy than unhealthy when its natural peanut butter.
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    I've got like 7 different kinds of peanut butter in the house right now not counting my daughter's nutella...

2 jars of PB2 - original and chocolate
    2 jars of P28 - white chocolate and signature blend
    2 jars of Peter Pan - smooth and crunchy
    1 jar of almond butter

probably some more that I forgot about!

ok, so yes... I have a peanut butter addiction, but I moderate how much I eat quite well.

btw, I only clicked this thread because I'm sitting here eating peanut butter right now... at 12:07 EST... right before bed!

At the end of the day, assuming you are getting enough protein, it is all about calories in vs out.
  • swaggityswagbag
    swaggityswagbag Posts: 78 Member
    I love peanut butter but before I started weighing it, I seriously underestimated how much I was eating. "One tablespoon" was usually at least double.

WEIGH YOUR PEANUT BUTTER!
  • curlygirl513
    curlygirl513 Posts: 199 Member
    Peanut butter is yummy on toast with honey. I love a peanut butter and honey sandwich. I measure out 2 tablespoons for a 2 slice of bread sandwich, and I use a measured single tablespoon if I split a single piece of bread to make a sandwich. I love peanut butter because it is filling and yummy and good for me.

I eat natural peanut butter. I wouldn't have it any other way.
  • curlygirl513
    curlygirl513 Posts: 199 Member
    PB&CO dark chocolate for life!

If peanut butter is wrong, I never want to be right.

I wish you had not reminded me of peanut butter and chocolate. My mind is wandering lustfully in to dangerous territory.... MMMMM.....
  • Ryan_Case
    Ryan_Case Posts: 29 Member
    I put PB2 in my protein post workout protein shake, two scoops of muscle pharm combat powder cookies and cream with two tbsp of PB2 blended with ice and water. Tastes a lot like peanut butter and is filling and low fat. Get a good filling liter of it for a little over 300 calories.
  • JaneyB311
    JaneyB311 Posts: 80 Member
    I am so happy that I have finally, after many years, stopped the extremely low fat diets and learned about nutrition, and realised that I can eat peanut and other nut butters as part of a healthy plan. I have either peanut, cashew or almond buetter around 3 times per week, often with an apple as a post-workout snack. Mmmmmmmm!
  • Jodsmission
    Jodsmission Posts: 130 Member
    So PB2 is not good? I was going to try changing to that.
    Love peanut butter.
  • Geloza
    Geloza Posts: 315 Member
    I love peanut butter but before I started weighing it, I seriously underestimated how much I was eating. "One tablespoon" was usually at least double.

WEIGH YOUR PEANUT BUTTER!

Same here! Have to always weigh it!!!
  • kittykat1994
    kittykat1994 Posts: 149 Member
    I eat 20g-35g of the stuff a day. Can't resist it, not that I want to resist it.