Pre-workout Supplements

Options
MrTolerable
MrTolerable Posts: 1,593 Member
I'm a total supplement nut myself

- I think a great deal of the reason behind it is from formerly being an addict - supplements enable the triggers to be met through the preparation of the supplement and near immediate gratification immediately after taking the supplement.

Regardless of the reasons, I have been using 'C4' 5 days a week over the past two months and must say the effects have been...'explosive' :wink:

Is there some other product that works even more effectively? I inquire because the C4 is running low, and I was thinking of trying something more intense. Any recommendations or has anyone tried any of the following with positive results?

HIT Supplements - Peak Performance Elite Pre-Workout
Cellucor Super HD High-Def
Cutler Nutrition - Legend JC
N.O.-Xplode

lmk your insight plz! :drinker:

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    i took n.o. xplode in my first year of uni a couple times

first time it felt like needles were puncturing my forehead, but i got a hell of a workout
    second time same thing, then i got halfway through my workout and puked everywhere. felt great after that though

wont touch pre-workouts again, ill take the ol natty route. maybe creatine if i go for a big bulk but i doubt it (and thats not really even a pre-workout)
  • jmt08c
    jmt08c Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Musclepharm-assault. I've tried jacked, N.O. explode, C4, 1MR, pretty much every pre workout there is and musclepharm works best for me. Also has more active ingredients than most other pre workouts.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Jack3d is good to although the new formula is not as great as the old. I also use Superdrive, Xpand, and C4. I have heard that n.o. explode and assault are also good.

Also, and maybe I'm wrong here....but being "natty" refers to the use of steroids, not pwo.
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I do caffeine, works good so far ... sometimes when doing fasted weight training I'll toss back some BCAA's.
  • BigT555
    Options
    Jack3d is good to although the new formula is not as great as the old. I also use Superdrive, Xpand, and C4. I have heard that n.o. explode and assault are also good.

Also, and maybe I'm wrong here....but being "natty" refers to the use of steroids, not pwo.
    yea i know, just a little joke. most preworkouts are just chalked full of caffeine and my body couldnt handle it at the time
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Naw Will_Thrust, you're right.

There's a troll that says you turn in your natty card with preworkout, creatine, even whey :D:D
  • May_Rose
    May_Rose Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Just coffee for me :). I have also noticed that my allergy medicine, Allegra D, gives me a super boost when I take it. It also supresses my appetite. It's pretty expensive though.
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    A banana.
  • maizerage66
    maizerage66 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Musclepharm-assault. I've tried jacked, N.O. explode, C4, 1MR, pretty much every pre workout there is and musclepharm works best for me. Also has more active ingredients than most other pre workouts.

Same here. Muscletech's Neurocore is my favorite though...
  • MrTolerable
    Options

works best in that you get the "in the zone" feeling? Or best results as in your workouts are longer or your able to get up the most weight?
  • MrTolerable
    Options
    I do caffeine, works good so far ... sometimes when doing fasted weight training I'll toss back some BCAA's.

^I use BCAA's right now and take 3-5grams 5x a day
    Creatine
    C4
    And then different proteins Whey/isolate etc.

The preworkout tho made the most substantial difference in my actual workouts tho.

BCAA's are bad@$$ if you are on a caloric deficit tho
  • mayfrayy
    mayfrayy Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    jacked is the best i've ever used.

right now i have 1mr watermelon, and i can barely choke it down. plus i dont even know what it does, I can feel beta-alanine tingle (which i like, i dont care if it does anything other than tingle :P)

once it's done i probably wont use any pre-workout, just caffeine.

I drink xtend during workout (usually gone within 10 minutes since i drink so much water) that I would suggest to anyone wokring out fasted.

creatine after.

edit: what the op said above
  • Dangerdat
    Dangerdat Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I steer clear of all caffeine. I understand the desire to get a preworkout pump in - you're tired from work, school, the girls on Tinder you stalk - I get it. However, that's why there are jumping jacks.

Motivation is a wonderful pre-workout, wouldn't you agree?
  • MrTolerable
    Options
    A banana.

^dats post-workout boss.
  • jmt08c
    jmt08c Posts: 343 Member
    Options

works best in that you get the "in the zone" feeling? Or best results as in your workouts are longer or your able to get up the most weight?

Both honestly. I feel much more focused when taking assault and I'm able to pump out more reps with higher weight. Normally my lifting sessions are 60-90 minutes of high intensity, low rest.
  • MrTolerable
    Options

Both honestly. I feel much more focused when taking assault and I'm able to pump out more reps with higher weight. Normally my lifting sessions are 60-90 minutes of high intensity, low rest.

ok I'm getting it then. Typically I have 60-80 min sessions of super high intensity, very low rest. and your describing exactly what would run parallel to my workouts.

the intensity is wut its all about!

last question - should these be consumed every workout? Strength training and HIIT?

^or am I the only one using this for HIIT as well? - you literally will see me sprinting up a hills 3-4miles into a run after taking 1 scoop :laugh:
  • BigT555
    Options

Creatine
    C4

The preworkout tho made the most substantial difference in my actual workouts tho.

what are BCAA's for?

i see stacks and stacks of containers in GNC of them but never been arsed to look into them
  • accelerashawn
    accelerashawn Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I don't think I saw PUMP-HD listed. I get a huge pump from that stuff.

I also take C4 most days but the new formula of N.O.Xplode, and MP's Assault are what I want to try next.

I've got a sample pack of Bullnox...but i'm scared to try it. I don't want to screw with my test levels.
  • MrTolerable
    Options

Creatine
    C4

what are BCAA's for?

i see stacks and stacks of containers in GNC of them but never been arsed to look into them

They are for ppl trying to look crazy lean - which is a focal point of mine.

here is the link that original made me take the plunge and purchase them.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bcaas-the-many-benefits-of-amino-acids.html

you can get it in powder form which is much less expensive then the pills... I take the pills because it is convenient to take while on the move - but it is much more economical in powder.
  • mayfrayy
    mayfrayy Posts: 198 Member
    Options

Creatine
    C4

what are BCAA's for?

I don't know the exact science, or care to, but basically they are supposed to help retain muscle on a deficit.
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bcaas-the-many-benefits-of-amino-acids.html might learn you something

edit: op to fast

I've heard good things about this, i might give it a try
    http://ca.bodybuilding.com/store/jym/pre-jym.html