rudest thing anyone has ever said about your weight?

Options

Replies

• Tara_238
    Tara_238 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I was 7 months pregnant with my first child and my grandmother told me I was getting fat and my then boyfriend was going to leave me. Since then we have been married for 9 years and we have 3 beautiful children. It is sad to think since then I have gained another 40+ pounds. Scared to think what she would say now.
  • Keevy333
    Keevy333 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    When I wasn't focused on a lifestyle change and losing I heard a lot of rude things, mostly being called pregnant and being told i need to learn to "push away from the table" when they found out I wasn't.

But what shocked me was the comments after I started losing.

Someone said to me after losing about 30 pounds "Wow, you can tell you're losing weight. Instead of you being one big roll you now have boobs and then a belly!"

I also had a gift card to Victoria's Secret and I told someone I was saving it for when I lost weight. They said "Why would you do that when you're just gonna gain it all back again?"

Oh... and about a week ago someone asked how much I had lost so far.... I said nearly 60 pounds. They said "Wow! Awesome. Someone asked me if you were pregnant the other day!"

Now that I think about it, all the after losing comments were made by the same family. Jealous jerks I think!
  • court_fritch26
    court_fritch26 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    So my 15 year old sister is 5'9" and thin, while I am 5'1" and curvy with a slight chub. This past weekend we went on a trip with our family. While shopping a lady came up to me and said "Oh your friend is so gorgeous." I said, "Oh I know, she is actually my sister." She proceeded to look me up and down, and said "Huh, that's surprising. You really wouldn't think so. Funny." While that sucked, it just echoed something a family friend had said to me, "It's so weird how you and your sister are so closely related when she looks like that, and you look like this."

There is also the popular "Oh you're not THAT big"…thanks, that wasn't THAY offensive
  • orlandogirl97
    orlandogirl97 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    So my 15 year old sister is 5'9" and thin, while I am 5'1" and curvy with a slight chub. This past weekend we went on a trip with our family. While shopping a lady came up to me and said "Oh your friend is so gorgeous." I said, "Oh I know, she is actually my sister." She proceeded to look me up and down, and said "Huh, that's surprising. You really wouldn't think so. Funny." While that sucked, it just echoed something a family friend had said to me, "It's so weird how you and your sister are so closely related when she looks like that, and you look like this."

There is also the popular "Oh you're not THAT big"…thanks, that wasn't THAY offensive

Look how pretty you are! Don't listen to them.
  • KimiSteinbach
    KimiSteinbach Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    It really isn't fair for parents to comment on the kid's weight when they supply the crap and don't monitor where and how much each kid eats!

I don't bring crap into the house now and it's so much easier to resist. My "first line of defense" is to keep it out of the house.
  • Icoza87
    Icoza87 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    This isn't the rudest thing I've ever heard, but ti's the one weighing on me right now.... My mother-in-law to be and I were looking at pictures of wedding dresses and I was showing her the styles I like and she says to be "Yeah, you have ALOT of work to do before you can wear those dresses."
  • luzdelua
    luzdelua Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    After losing 25 pounds... A dude I was dating: "Just imagine how sexy you'd look if you lost a bit more weight. I'd actually get jealous of others looking at you."

I never spoke to him again.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    After losing 25 pounds... A dude I was dating: "Just imagine how sexy you'd look if you lost a bit more weight. I'd actually get jealous of others looking at you."

I never spoke to him again.

giphy.gif
  • WildcatDeLalune
    WildcatDeLalune Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Back when I initially lost 85lbs, my neighbor invited me over to "fix her computer." She locked me in the house and insisted on telling me how unhealthy I was, how I was likely abusing drugs to get to thin, how clearly I had something "dark in my soul" and how I needed God to help me, and how she wouldn't let me leave until I ate a piece of cake. And then I'm pretty sure she tried to get me to have sex with her.

O__O. ... Woah..
  • MamaPochy
    MamaPochy Posts: 8
    Options
    Eating dinner and my father said I was fat and I should stop eating. Keep in mind.. I was 10 years old.

I'm so sorry that this happened. I know how you feel but know you are worth so much more than that.
  • Flyingfree83
    Flyingfree83 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Who's your friend
  • isamann
    isamann Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    'How do you stay so skinny when you eat all that ****?!'

Doesn't sound so bad out of context, but I was having some comfort eating issues at the time because of exam stress and it made me really self-conscious of what I was eating :(

Yes, I get that sometimes. People wonder how I stay so skinny and eat a buffet. They think they aren't being rude, but it does make you self conscious. Some people, myself included, have a really difficult time gaining weight
  • 6ftamazon
    6ftamazon Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Last week a guy at the gym told me that if I was 40 pounds thinner, he'd be all over me.
    My ex told me that he would only take me out in public if I lost weight...yeah one of the many reasons he's my ex.
  • Slimma2014
    Options
    "You're big!!" ...8 wks. after I'd given birth.
  • petrulak
    petrulak Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    when is your due date was the rudest; I wasn't pregnant.
  • suzreen
    suzreen Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    I got asked once when my baby was due (I was not pregnant) and what was even more insulting it was from a woman with a full on beard...

I've gotten asked this more than once, and it just SUCKS!!!! One time I was out shopping, feeling like I looked pretty good, and had hidden the gut, and then was told how cute I looked pregnant by a saleslady. Talk about your balloon suddenly deflating!
  • suzreen
    suzreen Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    When I wasn't focused on a lifestyle change and losing I heard a lot of rude things, mostly being called pregnant and being told i need to learn to "push away from the table" when they found out I wasn't.

But what shocked me was the comments after I started losing.

Someone said to me after losing about 30 pounds "Wow, you can tell you're losing weight. Instead of you being one big roll you now have boobs and then a belly!"

I also had a gift card to Victoria's Secret and I told someone I was saving it for when I lost weight. They said "Why would you do that when you're just gonna gain it all back again?"

Oh... and about a week ago someone asked how much I had lost so far.... I said nearly 60 pounds. They said "Wow! Awesome. Someone asked me if you were pregnant the other day!"

Now that I think about it, all the after losing comments were made by the same family. Jealous jerks I think!

I think they are some REAL JERKS!!! Wow, those are some super rude comments!!! Good for you, though, ignore it and keep on keepin on!
  • 6ftamazon
    6ftamazon Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    when is your due date was the rudest; I wasn't pregnant.

I've been asked that. Actually I still get asked that and I've been asked that when I was at a size 8-10. And I actually don't carry my weight in my stomach. I think it's just people's ignorance.
  • jcrav77
    jcrav77 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    You need to push yourself away from the table.

Your Butt is getting big said by someone who does not have a butt ( I like my Curves thank you)

Someone very close to me was describing her ex boyfriends new girl friend. " Oh my she is big, like your size"

I kinda ask for this one but I was talking about what I was doing to loose weight and my professor said well give your self time you have a baby. My response Ya he is 2.