rudest thing anyone has ever said about your weight?

Options

Replies

• MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    My ex-wife-- "Your waste is to small", "No man's waste should be smaller than his wife's" "Oh you think you are so hot!!"

My ex-Bro-in-Law-- (While I was eating a Quest bar), "Is that like the first thing you ate, since the last time I saw you?"

My sister -- "You have lost a lot of weight, your shoulders aren't as broad"
  • TiffieLand
    TiffieLand Posts: 159
    Options
    A stranger say "that girl is fat like a pig" there goes my vacation, I didn't want to go anywhere the whole time. I was so afraid someone would say that again. >.<
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    My wedding is in 2 months and MY FATHER said I was "massively fat" - I should "starve for a few weeks" or I would lose my fiancee.......

Holy S___. On behalf of Dads every where I'm sorry.
    You are sweet. And I'll Bet a fantastic Dad! :)
  • Emeryeon
    Emeryeon Posts: 61
    Options
    When I was in 6th grade my teacher said something about my viola being bigger than the normal size and someone said "like her?"

:(
  • katieai
    katieai Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    One time, during a pedicure, my nail tech asked me how far along I was and I was definitely not pregnant. It made for an awkwardly silent pedi, after that.
  • runningagainstmyself
    runningagainstmyself Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    All my favourite things have come after the weight was shed:

"She was really fat before! Now look how beautiful she is!"
    "I knew her when she was morbidly obese!!"

And so on. Really backhanded "you were a cow and we like you better now" comments. Thankfully none of them came from people whose words would actually affect me on a long-term basis.
  • snudgie
    snudgie Posts: 34
    Options
    "you look like a giant Easter egg in a shop window"
    "humpty dumpty"
    "king kong Bundy" (pro wrestling reference)
    "kill yourself you f***ng fatass"
    "you look like you don't have long to live" (a doctor)

but really, none of these are as horrifying as what the voice in my head is telling me.
  • Summer2k14
    Summer2k14 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I was in 10th grade and I was wearing a dark blue long sleeve. We were sittinb down and myy friend poked my stomach with a pencil, and the head football player laughed and said to him and I, "Look, it sinks in!", and then laughed.

-____-"
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    My wedding is in 2 months and MY FATHER said I was "massively fat" - I should "starve for a few weeks" or I would lose my fiancee.......

WTF that is sooo bad.
  • LessHeavyVeggie
    LessHeavyVeggie Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    "If you're a vegetarian how come you're so fat?" - a friend a few years ago :noway:

When I was in junior school (about 10/11 years old) some boys in my class took to calling me 'boulder-[female dog]'. Yes, junior school. :frown:

This doesn't sound rude initially, but when I was new at uni I went to a party and was mistaken for a girl I knew by multiple people throughout the evening (she was dating someone on their course so they wanted to put a face to a name). We had no similarities other than we were white and obese - we were on different courses, different hair colour, mine's curly hers is straight, different eye colour, different clothes styles, different personality types - this meant the only description (or the most memorable one) that had been given about her was that she was obese, so they assumed I was the obese girl in question. This one got to me the most as the people involved hadn't meant to be rude (they didn't actually say they thought it because of my size), but obviously all they saw when they met me was a fat girl.

(Edited to add a description as something I didn't realise was considered a swearword was asterisked.)
  • bald_navy_wife
    bald_navy_wife Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    i got the infamous " are you pregnant?" and a downright hurtful "your body looks nasty!" from a stranger at a public pool.

I dare someone to say that to me now. I look HOT:bigsmile: if i must say so myself
  • Siigh_duck
    Siigh_duck Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Not sure which one to choose ... but my mother had a multitude of nicknames for me:
    Fat lump, clumsy elephant, (enjoying your food 'fatty'? ) , Greedy, fat cow, pig, greedy pig..
    'you're too fat to wear jeans'
    'I think you should wear something more flattering'
    ' I think your face looks better when you're fat'
    'you'll never be thin like your sister, so stop trying'
    ' you're just meant to be fat, your dad is built big, her dad is skinny, it's in your genes'

My mum is a lovely lady. Oh and hey I got skinny and now she's all sorts of jelly :D
  • LifeOfBrian78
    LifeOfBrian78 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    When I was young and in school, someone signed my year book "Don't break the scale." I wish I had saved that book now.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    No one ever has because they didn't want to be throat punched.

I'm an intimidating force.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options

I dare someone to say that to me now. I look HOT:bigsmile: if i must say so myself

Agree. :smile: :smile:
  • Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Years ago my Mother in law said to me, "Here honey you can have these panty hose I Don't need anymore. They'll fit you because what I take up in height, you'll take up in width." Lol, Its a good thing I love her.
  • sugarandspice27
    sugarandspice27 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    My husband's grandfather made a rude comment to me at a family get together. We were all having dinner and I'd had a small portion of food and they were like, "Have more! Have more!" So I went in for seconds and he goes, "You eat a lot, no wonder you're so big!".

Annnnnd that started a ****storm between him and my husband and we left.
  • HellaBex
    HellaBex Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I used to have a very tactless neighbour. I had put on about 20 lbs and she saw me one day in the laundry room and said, "Wow, you've really gained some weight! Turn around, let me see." Yeah...she actually wanted me to spin around as if my newly-acquired fat was a new outfit.

The worst part? She was quite the porker herself.
  • michaelosx
    michaelosx Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Two months ago, I was explaining to a few coworkers how I had somehow injured my knee while simply taking an adventure walk with my son. Our team leader rolled her eyes and said, "It's called 'exercise'."

Well, exercise was the purpose of the adventure walk.

She may not have intended to be insulting, but her comment and attitude really bothered me . . . and motivated me. Since then, I've found an exercise that doesn't bother my knee. I've logged over 427,000 meters on a Concept 2 model D rower, joined MFP, and I've lost 11 pounds so far. I expect to hit my goal weight in about four more months, and I'd like to wear a T-Shirt with "It's called exercise" printed on it the next time we have a meeting.
  • Sassypants46
    Options
    A few weeks ago my husband referred to me as a "FAT A**"

Words definitely hurt.