Bethany Frankel???

Options

Replies

• jmv7117
    jmv7117 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    I have two pairs of Hello Kitty slippers in size XL. Are they childish? Yes. Are they awesome? Hell yeah.

I have a pair of boy's size Harry Potter pajamas that I still wear. The kids got them for me for Christmas a couple of years ago :laugh: Sometimes it's fun to be a big kid!
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Seriously, who cares?
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    She's just a nobody who knew she'd get free press by doing something "news worthy" for the 24/7 idiot makers to talk about. I bet sales of her drinks go up.
  • Megan101792
    Megan101792 Posts: 3,194 Member
    Options
    should we also diss megan fox for wearing her 6 year old step sons shirts too? Nah, both are just tiny *kitten*
  • kissmeplease305
    Options
    1405281587_bethenny-frankel_1.jpg

I think anyone with a 4 year old can understand the silly things we do to make our kids laugh. No biggie.

And honestly I could care less what this woman or anyone posts on their instagram. #aintnobodygottimeforthat!
    She looks like the Joker.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Better than seeing pictures of "Walmart people."
  • SwashBlogger
    SwashBlogger Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    oooo my concern for the OP is why on earth this would inspire "jealousy". What an odd health and beauty goal for a grown *kitten* woman.
  • love8383
    love8383 Posts: 169
    Options
    I think being skinny is her whole world, it's how she markets herself. she posted that photo to show off to the world how skinny she is. The clothes clearly don't belong to her 4 year old, they would be way too big, also she's wearing matching slippers. She comes off as a very competitive insecure person. And to be honest she could stand to gain a few lbs, she would look younger.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I would really like to Overhead Press Bethany Frankel. Anyone who markets anything called "Skinny Girl" is seriously contributing to the decline of American society. Why don't we have an emphasis on "Strong Girl" or "Smart Girl" or "Kind Girl"? This is gross. Sounds like she has the emotional maturity of of her child so she might as well wear the same pj's. I'm just sad for her kid that this is the primary role model.

Yeah, she is definitely not much of a role model for healthy living. And considering what she and her ex have put the kid through, I hope they are setting money aside for therapy.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    Um... I'm not sure that a healthy goal in weight loss is to fit into children's clothing.

This. And she is already sending really effed up ideas to her daughter. It wasn't funny, this woman has an eating disorder. It was absolutely pathetic.

I read that part of the article and I really don't get it? How is looking ridiculous in kid's clothes for her enjoyment at her request sending her any harmful messages? Unless there are additional things that I'm unaware of I don't see how this alone messes her daughter up. It's play dress up playtime, no?

My sister is like this. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but my first thought was of her. My sister has an unhealthy realtionship with food to say the least.

We are both about 5', and the same size all through growing up, but something happened when she went away to college. I don't think she ate very much & to make a long story short, kept focusing on how 'small' she was. I recall she stopped getting her period for quite a while too.

Fast forward to having children, which she insisted she can only wear her 6 year old's clothes because she was sooooo small. She weighed 86#'s at one point and lamented that there MUST be a pill for her to gain weight. There's pills for losing weight, right?...so what about people who want to GAIN weight?!!

She says many many things that send up red flags & oddly enough, this Bethany person makes me feel the same way.
    Shrug. It's sad. It's just such an odd & unusual thing to do.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    I would really like to Overhead Press Bethany Frankel. Anyone who markets anything called "Skinny Girl" is seriously contributing to the decline of American society. Why don't we have an emphasis on "Strong Girl" or "Smart Girl" or "Kind Girl"? This is gross. Sounds like she has the emotional maturity of of her child so she might as well wear the same pj's. I'm just sad for her kid that this is the primary role model.

LOL
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options
    wait, are we hating skinny people now?
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I was wondering when this would be brought up on here.

First, the "shirt" was actually a nightgown which is why it fit her in length. Second, the shorts looked stretched into boy short underwear which means they probably fit her daughter loosely.

She is petite. Not that big of a deal.

Edit: she posted it to be funny because her daughter "allegedly" told her to put it on. Honestly don't care either way, but I am 99% sure she wasn't trying to project that women should all be able to wear children's clothing. Would anyone make a big deal if she posted a pic wearing her husband's pajamas?

^^^^ this

I just googled the pics.... she looks like a healthy weight to me, and she looked like she was wearing them to be silly. People make such a ridiculous fuss over things...
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    My thought is we should all stop worshiping celebrities, particularly those who are famous for doing nothing. Invest the time you spend reading Hollywood magazines and watching TMZ to working out or playing with your kids. Make sure that your kids look up to you and want to be like you and not celebrities. We only make them popular by actually caring who they are married to, or dating, or what they wear to the Oscars or how rich they are. Stop worshipping false idols.

I could care less what she wears, she's a nobody in my world as she should be in yours.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    My thought is we should all stop worshiping celebrities, particularly those who are famous for doing nothing. Invest the time you spend reading Hollywood magazines and watching TMZ to working out or playing with your kids. Make sure that your kids look up to you and want to be like you and not celebrities. We only make them popular by actually caring who they are married to, or dating, or what they wear to the Oscars or how rich they are. Stop worshipping false idols.

I could care less what she wears, she's a nobody in my world as she should be in yours.

I didn't even know she was a celebrity. Had never even heard of her before this mini sh**storm in a teacup. I don't follow celeb culture though. I couldn't care less either way, celebrities are human and should have fun with their kids just as much as any other parents.... wanting to fit into 4 yr old's clothes is a terrible goal... but putting them on for a laugh if you're petite enough to do so is funny. I'm sure it made her kid's bedtime a lot more fun.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    wait, are we hating skinny people now?

Of course, this is MFP after all. But God for bit that we do the same thing to overweight people.....:grumble:
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Cool.

I secretly (not-so-secretly) have a weight loss goal of being able to ***** and moan "humble brag" about my daughter stealing my new clothes or pitching a fit because I took off with one of her items. She's 10 now, so I'm thinking around 14-16. That gives me four more years to shed this lard so I can be THAT mom that shows up in Forever 21 because "she took my work shirt so I'm taking her (whatever she's into) shirt!"
  • AzaleaNicole38
    AzaleaNicole38 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Tbh, she does look healthy. I think she could stand to gain a few pounds, but that's just my personal opinion.
    I'm in my 20s and my mom is nearing 60 and we share clothes. And while my mother is outstandingly fit, she is by no means stick thin. I think given Bethanny's height, it makes sense for her to fit into kid clothes. I had a co worker who was like 5 ft if not a little less, and she shopped in the kid's section at walmart. She was skinny, but like a meaty healthy skinny, if that makes sense?

I think what makes this questionable for a lot of people is Bethanny's admittance to having an eating disorder in the past. Due to that, and the fact she promotes being skinny with her products and all, I would wonder if she's struggling with a personal mental battle.

I don't think it's right to bash her the way people are though.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I tried on some little girls pj's once.

I was in the Apartment Laundry room and got caught. Got kicked out of that complex.
  • PMA140
    PMA140 Posts: 60
    Options
    She picked up her little girl's clothes and thought "Hey, I bet I can fit into these" took a silly pic and posted on her instagram. This is not news, not a cry for help, not a ploy to sell product, It's called LIFE. Something that she did for no other reason than she wanted to and she can. No need to be judgmental and find the deeper, secret hidden motives.