Unanswered Friend Requests

Options

Replies

• k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Meh... it's hard for me to accept someone as a friend if their profile is private (unless I have seen them in the forums a lot). I like to know more about someone than just one or two sentences... whether we have mutual friends.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    You might want to remove the note in your profile about how you want to lose weight so that you can have better sex. That's the only thing in your profile that would make me go "ick" because it's TMI.
    I see nothing wrong with that line, it is very common on profiles here.

Yeah, but certain things put off some people (like me). I also don't add people who talk about God on their profiles. It's very common but it does mean I won't add someone.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    I only accept friend requests from clowns that live in the sewers.
    We all float down here.
    gah... Hold me.
  • mzhrrs13
    mzhrrs13 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Add me, I'll accept!!
  • DBoone85
    DBoone85 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Make sure you check the person's profile before you request. I'm not currently adding people because my list has gotten quite large and I like to be able to keep up with everyone. It's probably nothing personal.

This...It's hard to keep up with 153 people. I want to interact with everyone. It's nothing personal to anyone I don't accept or end up deleting.

Also, must have personality and snark. And not mind the F bomb.

Also, no whiners.

And well, because of the nature of this post, the "no whiners" thing is right out the window. Next.
  • _JPunky
    _JPunky Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    My general acceptance policy:

"If you wanna be my lover, you gotta get with my friends."

#I'mTotallyBabySpice
  • _BearNecessities_
    _BearNecessities_ Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Make sure you check the person's profile before you request. I'm not currently adding people because my list has gotten quite large and I like to be able to keep up with everyone. It's probably nothing personal.

^^ This. I'm not adding any friends because I'm an antisocial jerk. The good part of that is I don't hate anyone for being gay or having weight loss surgery or anything else. I hate everyone equally for no good reason.

This isn't true, you don't hate me!!

YOU ARE NOT A SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE!!!!!!!!!

:flowerforyou:
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Runners or cyclists and the occasional Red fan.
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Homophobia is extremely frowned upon by the majority of users I have seen post on the threads or on my FL, so I very much doubt that is the reason.

People have already stated in replies the most common reasons.

Don't give up!

FYI: I hardly add as I like to keep up with my FL.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to take the time to critique someone if I don't add them. It's nothing personal, it may just be that I don't see that we have anything in common. I'm also not going to tell you why I'm deleting you as a friend. What, so we can fight about it? Nobody likes "I don't like you because..." conversations. Again, it's probably nothing personal. I usually only delete people that don't log in consistently, don't ever interact with their FL, or start falling off the deep end and posting weird (not weird like, they need friends/professional help; weird as in "omg my [insert insane cleanse here] is going soooooooooo well!") crap. Again. Probably not anything personal, I just want to interact with the people on my FL that inspire me and that I have a good time with.

TL;DR: No, I am not going to tell you why I didn't add you or deleted you. I don't have time for that and it's not my job.
  • shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    There's a myriad of reasons someone could deny a friend request. It sucks, and sometimes it hurts feelings, but it's ok. There's plenty of other people that would love to have new friends.
    Like me! I have few enough friends I'll add anyone right now, haha.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    Personally I've accumulated a lot of friends in my time on the site, whom I consider "real" friends or "good" friends.

I'm presently doing a miserable job in supporting them on their fitness and life gurneys, and never have the time to be as involved in their successes and endeavors as I feel is appropriate. I also have fallen far short of reciprocating anything near the love and support they've shown me, of recent.
  • patfriendly
    patfriendly Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    You have to understand that there are a lot of people out there who ask for something when they are really after something else. People form opinion about people and you become victim of something other people are doing.

14+-+1
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Options
    Personally I've accumulated a lot of friends in my time on the site, whom I consider "real" friends or "good" friends.

I'm presently doing a miserable job in supporting them on their fitness and life gurneys, and never have the time to be as involved in their successes and endeavors as I feel is appropriate. I also have fallen far short of reciprocating anything near the love and support they've shown me, of recent.
    shut up and give me a cuddle, because your awesome 'n' stuff!
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options

shut up and give me a cuddle, because your awesome 'n' stuff!

I will not be wearing pants during our cuddle. I trust this is acceptable.
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Options
    I will not be wearing pants during our cuddle. I trust this is acceptable.
    Mandatory!
    cLnzq4y.gif
  • HappyTrails7
    HappyTrails7 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    As with life outside of MFP, it takes time and common interests to make true friends.

I may be out in left field, but I wonder if age has more to do with it? I only have a couple friends in real life that are 20 years younger than me. Maybe it is not as big of deal here, but I thought I'd throw it out there for discussion. (Although I think it will boil down to sharing common interests.)
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why anyone would not friend you cuz you're gay. It's not like you are going to show up at thier doorstep. YOu can freind me if you want, but I don't identify with the bypass stuff. But, feel free!