Anyone actually open to getting picked up at the gym?

Options

Replies

• Great_Mazinga
    Great_Mazinga Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Picking up women at a gym is ideal. I usually just ride the elliptical and have a staring contest while they workout. It helps if you don't blink and bulge your eyeballs in time to eat of her squats.

You can offer little encouragments like "shake it baby" for maximum effect.
  • Lofteren
    Lofteren Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Sure, just catch me on my way out or I'll knock you out for interrupting me.

Also, my gym is in my house so this makes getting hit on and picked up quite difficult.

Speaking of difficult, could you open your curtains a bit more in the morning? Thanks. :bigsmile:

^^Hahahaha!!!

I used to train at a gym that had a group of cougars who would all go there with their skimpy clothes and plastic surgery and try to flirt with the young guys who were lifting. They were really, really aggressive and I tried to be nice about it at first but after a while I got fed up and had to be rude to get them to leave me alone because a lady came up and started smacking me on the *kitten* in the middle of a set of squats and I got pissed off.

I think it's safe to say that there's a thin line between flirting and being absolutely obnoxious. That being said, you're not old and you don't seem obnoxious so go ahead and talk to a guy if he's checking you out and you think he's good looking. I know that guys are more perceptive to being flirted with than women are because it doesn't happen to us 24/7. You will most likely get a positive response from them.
  • erinlee023
    erinlee023 Posts: 26
    Options
    If I was single, absolutely!
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I'm straight & attend a women's only gym - I'm not open to being hit on.

My previous gym was mixed sex. The only males I ever saw there were 16-17yr olds in the weight section. And 60-70 yr olds in the sauna - I wasn't open to being hit on.

We have a gym for the service users where I work - I'm not open to being hit on.

I need to find a new gym...
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Depends on the approach, but if it actually happened, yeah I would accept, I figure if he's brave enough to approach me and ask me out when I am the sloppy mess that I am at the gym (especially if he's been in the same class I was in) then why not?
  • sc003ro
    sc003ro Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I am open to getting picked up at the gym...lol
  • sc003ro
    sc003ro Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I know most people who go to the gym are there to get their workout in and leave, I'm the same way. But I think I am more open to finding someone at the gym as opposed to the bar or club (I'm shy and don't like going to either of these). I try to look somewhat 'approachable-looking' at the gym: no ipod, no makeup, cute workout clothes but nothing trashy. Every now and then I'll see cute guys checking me out (one even smiled at me today:D) but they don't approach ..I guess they do not want to break the unspoken rule of not approaching girls at the gym? Or just wanna focus on their workout.. Any thoughts?

I think it is more that they dont wanna be that creeper gym guy....a few more smiles and I am sure he will say hello...that is what I would do
  • kendall916
    kendall916 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    Depends on the approach, but if it actually happened, yeah I would accept, I figure if he's brave enough to approach me and ask me out when I am the sloppy mess that I am at the gym (especially if he's been in the same class I was in) then why not?

^^ well said!
  • The_Aly_Wei
    The_Aly_Wei Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I assume most men at the gym would be hesitant due to not wanting to be "that guy".

That being said, I have been hit on at the gym and subsequently went on a date with said hitter onner. It was quite awkward though, being he worked there so he was clean and pretty and I looked as if I was I just escaped a torture chamber. It wasn't until he jumped on a treadmill and asked me while he was as equally as gross as I was that I ended up saying "yes".

I would figure it is good a spot as any to look for and at people...a lot better than picking someone up while intoxicated.
  • blueboxgeek
    blueboxgeek Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    It's pretty normal where I live to talk to folk that you don't know (Yorkshire, England). I will chat to people in the street, in the shops, in a restaurant. But I'm not trying to pick anyone up.

I can see that meeting someone at the gym would be quite a good idea, you obviously both have an interest in fitness / staying in shape etc. So it's a good start.

I think as long as you are not interupting someone mid workout then go for it. Try and catch them on the way out.
  • margannmks
    margannmks Posts: 424 Member
    Options

Good for you, gym`s are full of great people.

Years back, gym`s were also a TRUE social place. Sadly now, the majority walk around looking at the floor with ear buds in. Then, they beeline for their cars. My old gym use to have a juice bar, and people hangout and talked. People everywhere are losing their social skills and don`t know how to communicate with one another anymore.

And all of this, worried about looking like a creep or being creep`d stuff is pure crap. I look at everyone, that's how I learned to lift properly many years ago. I have not built all this muscle just to look at in the mirror and talk about on the internet. But then again, I`m open and outgoing. Flirting is great, fun and makes me even workout harder.

So I say, your AWESOME. Don`t let all of the anti social ear bud wearing freaks get you down. Keep doing your thing, I`m proud of you.
    Thats so true im afraid theres a whole generation of people who have lost the need and ability to communicate face to face. Im not plugged in, i watch people discreetly , im always looking to improve my form, try different lifts so i learn alot. I think it would be a better place to meet like minded people but would be concerned with the " break up " aspect of having to possibly go to another gym if it didnt work out.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    what do trashy gym clothes look like? got them from the trash? if so then I always look trashy as hell ahh yea
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I know most people who go to the gym are there to get their workout in and leave, I'm the same way. But I think I am more open to finding someone at the gym as opposed to the bar or club (I'm shy and don't like going to either of these). I try to look somewhat 'approachable-looking' at the gym: no ipod, no makeup, cute workout clothes but nothing trashy. Every now and then I'll see cute guys checking me out (one even smiled at me today:D) but they don't approach ..I guess they do not want to break the unspoken rule of not approaching girls at the gym? Or just wanna focus on their workout.. Any thoughts?

Good for you, gym`s are full of great people.

Years back, gym`s were also a TRUE social place. Sadly now, the majority walk around looking at the floor with ear buds in. Then, they beeline for their cars. My old gym use to have a juice bar, and people hangout and talked. People everywhere are losing their social skills and don`t know how to communicate with one another anymore.

And all of this, worried about looking like a creep or being creep`d stuff is pure crap. I look at everyone, that's how I learned to lift properly many years ago. I have not built all this muscle just to look at in the mirror and talk about on the internet. But then again, I`m open and outgoing. Flirting is great, fun and makes me even workout harder.

So I say, your AWESOME. Don`t let all of the anti social ear bud wearing freaks get you down. Keep doing your thing, I`m proud of you.

Those darn kids...

200_s.gif
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    No. That's part of why I joined a women only gym.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I would like someone to pick me up at the gym. And carry me out to my car on leg day. :wink: I would be ok with a guy talking to me, if he wasn't being creepy about it.
  • amw5471
    amw5471 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'd rather get picked up at the gym than the bar!
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Guys can't approach and hit on woman at the gym.. its definitely a rule.. don't be that creepy dude that doesn't do any work until a girl goes by a machine then he is all bicep curls on the leg curl machine.

As for me, the gym is not a fashion show or a reason to wear the tightest shirts to check myself out in the mirror.. I wear shirts I got for free that are old and way too big on me, no cut off shirts, baggy shorts, and normally wear headphones.. I sweat and growl at times during sets but I make eye contact and smile if someone is around but that is just to be friendly.
  • Thewatcher_66
    Thewatcher_66 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    That shouldn't be the primary reason for attending the gym but let's face it, a spark between two people can get lit anywhere. The gym, Starbuck's, supermarket, the park, and Heaven forbid, even work. But if you're one of these people who goes to the gym for the sole purpose of picking up women, then seek help.
  • RainRedfield
    RainRedfield Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I don't approach anyone (at the gym or otherwise), but that doesn't mean I wouldn't be flattered to be approached myself.