Anyone actually open to getting picked up at the gym?

Options

Replies

• Shalaurise
    Shalaurise Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I feel like this is an appropriate thread to share this on. Last time I was at the gym I felt like this (the link below) trying to communicate with anyone... including the excessively attractive greater at the front counter.... and all I wanted to know was info about the gym!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pr-xzajQo0

In my inability to be socially appropriate in situations like that I would likely just pass by him before you left and leave a card or piece of paper with your name and number on it and maybe a brief message. Pretty easy to let him know you are interested without interrupting his workout. *shrugs* Take it with a grain of salt though cause I suck at the whole dating/flirting thing. Met my last three relationships online, so I don't really know much. :P
  • Tomm88
    Tomm88 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I never really gave thought to trying to pick girls up in the gym:/ suppose i could have when i was single. The only thing on my mind in the gym are my PR's.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Back in the 80's, that's where you went to meet the opposite sex. The Raquetball Club I went to was more popular than any club around.

Check out the movie Perfect. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd7tVAIOWjI
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I would like someone to pick me up at the gym. And carry me out to my car on leg day. :wink: I would be ok with a guy talking to me, if he wasn't being creepy about it.

I am at your service, my lady.

Hi CupcakeDammit! :smooched:

You're the bestest! :smooched:

Hi Mister Universe! :heart:
  • no_russian
    no_russian Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    At my gym, pretty much all the young girls give off a "*kitten* off" vibe, while some women in their mid-thirties seem more friendly (eye contact, smile, small talk).

Even if I was single, I wouldn't be into it. When I get sweaty and gross, I don't feel comfortable being near anybody.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Anyone actually open to getting picked up at the gym?

Been a long time since I have been looking to get picked up, or pick anyone up, but even back in the day I ALWAYS kept the gym as the one place I wanted no interest from anyone and paid no interest to anyone. Nothing like getting your heart rate up, having a great workout, then having some chatty Kathy (or anyone else for that matter) cool ya down with a long talk.

Just leave me be. Nothing personal to anyone, but I got chit to do.
  • Phoenix__Rising
    Phoenix__Rising Posts: 9,981 Member
    Options
    It all depends ..would they be as hot as my friends here?
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    what's wrong with it -- at least you know you have something in common

I've dated someone I met at the gym - it was fine and we shared a common interest
  • Kita328
    Kita328 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I was just commenting the other day to my friend about how unfair it is that guys look so sexy all sweaty and muscles/veins popping out...yum...while working out... Then females generally look like Drown Rats after working out..even if they are all muscley and fit. ITs SO UNFAIR.

That being said. I think the gym is as good as any place to meet someone. Why not.
  • brando79az
    brando79az Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I don't pick people up at the gym. Memberships are too expensive. I just wait until they leave and follow them.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I am totally open to it. I spend enough time there. And I definitely want someone who is as active as I am.
  • cosmiqrust
    cosmiqrust Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    unless i'm asking you to spot me, it's illegal to speak to me.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Please submit applications.

bcc9787fa0d4440fe8f3f5907ea2409c_zpseb74297d.jpg
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,276 Member
    Options
    I doubt anyone there is strong enough really...
  • GlutesthatSalute
    GlutesthatSalute Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Ummmmmmmmmmm yessss... how could I say no to a sexy beast sweaty and glistening deadlifting two of me.. I have my gym crushes.. it's what gets me them extra reps in on a daily
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I doubt anyone there is strong enough really...

You win the internet! :laugh:
  • Tanie98
    Tanie98 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    not me.it does even even cross my mind.If it happens it happens
  • mscheftg
    mscheftg Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    If someone tries to flirt with me at the gym, then I will just go ahead and marry them. I don't care about my appearance at the gym, which is probably bad. I wear baggy clothes, I smell like wet dog and sweat, I don't wear any makeup, I don't always shave my legs while wearing shorts, and sometimes a little toot comes out when I'm squatting.

This! The exact reason I shouldn't be reading comments at work. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I've always been open to being picked up anywhere by the right guy. And by picked up I mean fallen madly in love with and married for life. SO yeah, if something like that is about to go down, I'm not gonna care where it happens.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I have two rules... i don't hit on women in the gym and I don't hit on women who are at work (waitress, bartenders etc...)

Good rules. I'm a teacher. I've had dads hit on me. It was creepy.
    NO!