So I cut donut in Half but will run away with your sandwich

Options

Replies

• fooninie
    fooninie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Some people feel the need to say negative things about everything. Eat your half doughnut and stand proud! :wink:
  • notyouraveragetalia
    notyouraveragetalia Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I work in a small office, so half a donut is completely acceptable. We also have one of those people who "half the half" and end up eating the more than one donut in the process. Honestly it doesn't bother me at all. I don't judge people for eating a whole donut, so why would I judge them for eating a quarter?
  • sakuragreenlily
    sakuragreenlily Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Ask them why they stop at just one donut... If only eating half makes you a ***** then surely eating less than 6 makes you a terrorist.
  • RabbitLost
    RabbitLost Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    real.jpg

OP - you take half and I'll take half. You can even cut if you want.

Edit because now I have donuts and bacon on the brain.
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    I can enjoy half a donut like you. Half a sandwich, or a meal, or a bag of potato chips is not do easy for me though.
  • redversustheblue
    redversustheblue Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    The person who made that comment sounds like they're projecting their issues to you. LIke they can't resist the entire donut, so better tease or put down the person who can.

I personally, however, do not eat the donuts that have been cut in half when it happens at work because I don't like the thought of the donut being manhandled by someone else before I eat it. :laugh:

I was going to bring this up. A lot of people have issues about their food being touched.

Which has always struck me as funny. How do people think food is made?

Hah, I have no idea why I feel this way about donuts. I'm not typically a "germs are so scary guyz" person. It's just something about cutting in half donuts and pastries and leaving them there. It's just not my thing, but I don't have a reason for it lol
  • zaina510
    zaina510 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    The person who made that comment sounds like they're projecting their issues to you. LIke they can't resist the entire donut, so better tease or put down the person who can.

I personally, however, do not eat the donuts that have been cut in half when it happens at work because I don't like the thought of the donut being manhandled by someone else before I eat it. :laugh:

I was going to bring this up. A lot of people have issues about their food being touched.

hahahah - touche! I agree with this one. I actually work at a corporate office of a baked good company - there are always cookies, muffins, bagels and donuts in the kitchen. I am trying to cut down and only allow myself one treat a week. But some days, you just want to devour a donut - so I will cut it in half and someone also commented on it to me that they don't think that's cool. I think the same way that I don't want to waste it and I would rather someone else eat it! To each their own, if someone eats it, great. If not, then that's ok too.
  • homemadehippy
    homemadehippy Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Interesting. In my office (6 women, no men) we always take half. We might go back for another half later, but we always take half at a time :)
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Krispy Kremes are pretty great...but...if I'm deciding between a philly cheesesteak and a donut, cheesesteak wins....
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    In my office, not only do people cut donuts in half (including me, usually because I'm cutting another donut in half to have a whole donut of 2 different favors, but I digress) I have seen donuts cut in quarters and sometimes eighths. I have yet to hear anyone complain. As long as there's donuts, people are happy.

mmmmmm donuts.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    huh?
  • Orfygirl
    Orfygirl Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    We do this where I work all of the time. I cut one in half and leave the other half for someone else who wants it. No big deal. As a matter of fact usually someone leaves a knife right by the box of donuts because so many of us only eat half of one anyway.
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    In my office, not only do people cut donuts in half (including me, usually because I'm cutting another donut in half to have a whole donut of 2 different favors, but I digress) I have seen donuts cut in quarters and sometimes eighths. I have yet to hear anyone complain. As long as there's donuts, people are happy.

mmmmmm donuts.

ditto for my building. "anyone coming back for this sliver of a donut? no? then I'm eating it!" << most often used phrase in my office.
  • rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I'm going to assume that judgmental person was just trying to be funny by making such a low-quality joke. I personally will cut a donut in half if that's all I want. Hell, I even get excited if there's already half of a donut of a certain type that I like!
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options

mmmmmm donuts.

The office I worked in would get a dozen assorted donuts weekly (gifted by clients or from a coworker). Considering there were about 20 of us, it was just a matter of cause that the donuts got split (usually in 1/4ths). Some of us wanted to try a couple different flavors, others only wanted a smaller portion, some wanted none, etc.

Nobody minded, and everyone who wanted a treat got what they wanted. C'mon people! We made do with less back in the day, and everyone was happy, dangit:laugh: . Those who weren't were polite enough to STFU.:tongue:
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options

Hah, I have no idea why I feel this way about donuts. I'm not typically a "germs are so scary guyz" person. It's just something about cutting in half donuts and pastries and leaving them there. It's just not my thing, but I don't have a reason for it lol

With donuts I get it. If someone is grabbing them and mashing them I wouldn't want to eat that half either.

Then again never in my life have I wanted HALF a donut...

I think the thing that gets me about other people touching my food is being witness to guys using the bathroom and then not washing their hands. So yeah it concerns me that someone else touched something thats about to go in my mouth.

Am I overthinking? Probably. But in this instance I dont mind.

:smile:
  • Momakanga
    Momakanga Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Oh my. Now I all I can think about is donuts! In our office there are always half donuts. It is all good.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I don't like wasting food, either, but I'm really not gonna stress out over half a donut. It's not like I can personally give that donut to a starving kid, is it?