What is the worst concert you've ever been to?

Options

Replies

• trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options

My worst was a free Nickelback concert. It was free because they suck.

Eugh Nickelback are really the worst

no, NIckelback is still better than 99% of what is played on top 40 radio and 100% of hip hop.

You say that, but go see them in concert and watch that guy try to bang his microphone. :sick:

id rather see that than Drake, Kanye, Miley etc.

Yeah fair enough...

But there is a lot of amazing hip hop out there
  • ProfessorOwl
    ProfessorOwl Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    REO Speedwagon. Not a bad show, just totally not my thing.
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Linkin Park
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    Worst Concert: Rolling Stones Mannhiem Germany mid-seventies?

Suxed!

I think that was where all my hearing problems started........
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    I went to Duluth (MN) for fireworks on the 4th and they had these two dudes doing country covers with an electric bass and an acoustic guitar.

I know it technically doesn't count, but I wanted to jump in the lake and drown myself a little.
  • LoneWolf_70
    LoneWolf_70 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Tesla / Poison

ive seen Tesla a few times. Maybe some of the best concerts ive ever been too.

Poison sucks.
  • LoneWolf_70
    Options

no, NIckelback is still better than 99% of what is played on top 40 radio and 100% of hip hop.

You say that, but go see them in concert and watch that guy try to bang his microphone. :sick:

Yeah fair enough...

amazing hip hop is an oxymoron.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Tesla / Poison

I can do without the Poison, but I've seen Tesla a couple of times and really liked it. YMMV
  • laynerich15
    laynerich15 Posts: 1,918 Member
    Options

Yeah fair enough...

This guy gets it.

Crappy rock is better than the best hip hop.

I have seen garage bands put on a better show than "insert hip hop star here".

if only hip hop and rap could crawl back into the hole is came from.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Rod Steward back in the early 90's. Granted, I like some of his music, but seeing him a person was such a distraction to the actual music.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    Aerosmith about 1980 at Giants Stadium in the Meadowlands. So bad people were throwing food at the stage to get them to stop playing. Steven Tyler's response "thanks for throwing us such a great lunch".
  • trinatrina1984
    Options

Yeah fair enough...

This guy gets it.

No no no no no. I love all sorts of music, punk / hardcore / drum and bass / electro - I'm not some hip hop soulja, but honestly if you go away from the main stream there is a lot of good shizz out there. Saying you don't like hip hop is like saying you don't like any music with guitars in, if you can listen to Souls of Mischief 93 till infinity on a summers day without it making you go a bit wibbly you have no soul.
  • Britancia
    Britancia Posts: 1
    Options
    When I was younger, my friend dragged me to her church to see a band called Mission Six...
  • LoneWolf_70
    Options

Yeah fair enough...

This guy gets it.

No no no no no. I love all sorts of music, punk / hardcore / drum and bass / electro - I'm not some hip hop soulja, but honestly if you go away from the main stream there is a lot of good shizz out there. Saying you don't like hip hop is like saying you don't like any music with guitars in, if you can listen to Souls of Mischief 93 till infinity on a summers day without it making you go a bit wibbly you have no soul.

punk is barely music too. I mean, learn to use an instrument.
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,469 Member
    Options
    Worst concert ever:

boys-2-men1.gif
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    As a kid, I lived near Branson and therefore was subjected to many country, bluegrass, and Christian concerts that all made me (a big Madonna/Cyndi Lauper fan at seven and later, a goth/punk teen) want to DIE. Of those, the worst was probably a group called "The Whites" performing at Silver Dollar City in the boiling sun sitting next to Ricky Skaggs -- who was married to one of the women onstage, causing my mom to fuss about how whiny and angry I was about being there and not on a roller coaster 100 ft away.

But as for actual concerts that I chose (and paid) to attend...all of 'em were pretty good, honestly. Ministry at Lollapalooza didn't impress me much though (and I was a fan).
  • trinatrina1984
    Options
    [/quote]

punk is barely music too. I mean, learn to use an instrument.
    [/quote]

200.gif
  • Rogue_Girl
    Rogue_Girl Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Steve Winwood.

I truly wanted to shoot myself.

And being from Canada, this is almost sacrilegious but, The Tragically Hip when they had been touring in support of their album Trouble in the Hen House. Complaint rock. It's a genre I think.
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    REM, Monster tour, World Music Theatre, 1995. I was a huge fan and way excited to finally see them live....

Except they sucked. It was like they were just going through the motions. Major disappointment.
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,254 Member
    Options
    Kenny Rodgers with my mom - It was painful!