Kind of excited!

Options
I love MFP for the community, while the gifs on Fridays keep me entertained, it is also a place where I can get great eating advice. What got me excited is learning about IIFYM and someone actually suggested that I should just eat the ice cream and pop tarts. If it fits my calorie intake and macros, I can just adjust my other meals in the day. But so many people on here are pro-clean eating and paleo style dieting. Why can’t I just find like minded people that eat real food? I use IIFYM because I’m busy, I have two children – a one year old and a 36 year old husband, work fulltime as an accountant and run a household. Who can plan out all these meals without eating something pre-packaged once in a while?! I just grab a pop-tart, an ice cream from the freezer, or throw in a frozen pizza in the oven. How is this not real food? Why do people have to always bash that I'm actually losing weight eating what I love? Then I realized I should not care what other people think, post, or advise. I do me. It works for me, I’m losing weight and that’s what matters. That is what got me excited.

Replies

• I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I made an apple Toaster Strudel and topped it with pistachio gelato the other night. You are not alone.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I don't follow IIFYM, or any other counting program, but I'm definitely supportive of the idea that you definitely can lose weight including a variety of foods that you enjoy. Now in the past I've abstained from trigger foods in order to wrest control of them, and it worked very successfully. But even then I never intended to "ban" anything from my long term diet.

I don't think anybody should "have" to eat anything they don't want. Sometimes I do think some IIFYMers go overboard in pushing desserts and treats as the end all be all, but hey, ice cream is pretty awesome (and arguably my favorite food). But good for you for finding something that works for you and gets you excited. That's so much of the battle, really. It's good to find what works for you!
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    I made an apple Toaster Strudel and topped it with pistachio gelato the other night. You are not alone.

Was that pistachio gelato Talenti? And if so why didn't you share???
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    :drinker:

In for Talenti.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Mmmm.... pop tarts and ice cream.... I'm in! As long as I don't need to buy anything...

Do I need to buy anything? :huh:
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    carls+jr+poptart+strawberry+ice+cream+sandwich.jpg
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want and drink what I want. I just pay attention to the size of the servings.

And now I want icecream and poptarts and Little Debbie treats

Y'all have sabotaged me :-(
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    Mmmm.... pop tarts and ice cream.... I'm in! As long as I don't need to buy anything...

Do I need to buy anything? :huh:
    tumblr_miu2o4UCOo1qakh43o1_500.gif
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options

Now if that was replaced by a frosted brown sugar poptart it would be absurdly scrumptious.
  • rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    Options

Wut?! Nobody told me I could put them together! Sheesh...
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options

Would it be weird to say that this picture turns me on?
  • Ferrous_Female_Dog
    Ferrous_Female_Dog Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Understanding that you can eat the things you love for the rest of your life IS very exciting.
  • srslybritt
    Options
    I eat what I want and drink what I want. I just pay attention to the size of the servings.

And now I want icecream and poptarts and Little Debbie treats

Y'all have sabotaged me :-(

HOW WILL YOU EVER RECOVER, DEAN?
  • srslybritt
    Options

Would it be weird to say that this picture turns me on?

Nope.

The things I would do to that dessert...
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options

Was that pistachio gelato Talenti? And if so why didn't you share???

No. I haven't tried Talenti yet. *hangs head in shame*.
  • petrulak
    petrulak Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    peanut m&m's are my pop tarts and ice cream!
  • qmmanager69
    qmmanager69 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Craved Little Debbie today, right up until I saw the 400+ calories on the package. Fiber One it was.
  • Aero1dynamic
    Aero1dynamic Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    In. Not once have I given up the foods I LOVE in order to lose weight and all those who scorn me for not "eating clean" (Wait, I wash my fruits and veggies!) are missing out on the true taste of life imo. I love my KFC and I'd rather eat one leg and log it satisfied than give it up and eat rabbit pellets all day. Thank you CICO!
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options

Now if that was replaced by a frosted brown sugar poptart it would be absurdly scrumptious.

Reese's chocolate peanut butter poptart for me, please!!