What is the worst concert you've ever been to?

Options

Replies

• softwind
    softwind Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    [/quote] Brian is amazing! You are related to him? That's awesome. Their sound is so nostalgic and haunting to me. It makes me feel like a teen in the 80s walking along Lake Ontario on a quiet, cool morning. I was never a teen in the 80s so it's weird but it works. LOL

He and my aunt have since split and moved on, but he is still family in my eyes.
  • _Emma_Problema_
    _Emma_Problema_ Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Yeasayer. Amazing music recorded. The show was awful. The band didn't sound great and they then proceeded to play the entirety of an album they hadn't released but was coming up soon. I've seen a couple bands I'd never heard before seeing them and loved it, but this time it didn't work out. And there's a certain amazing feeling that comes along with being able to sing every lyric to a song in a crowd of people with the band playing live that I felt I missed out on.

Close second: Portugal. The Man. I went to see their show alone and I'd heard a number of their more pop-sounding songs that I really liked. But they played a lot more of their trippy stuff and I looked around me and realized that everyone around me was either tripping or rolling their face off. I must have been the only sober person there. And then I got really overwhelmed by rude pushy high people and left. It was a bad concert experience but not because of the band.

I've seen a lot of shows and it's surprising that there are only 2 I could think of.
  • softwind
    softwind Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Five Finger Death Punch... those guys suck sooo much!!

This makes me sad. I love their music but have never had a chance to see them live.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Tori Amos. Which stinks because I love love love love her

but yeah I didn't care for the album she was touring for. And as much as she sings from other albums this time she did not.

>(
  • pfgaytriot
    pfgaytriot Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    The Donnas at X-Fest at the [then] Starlake Amphitheater in Burgettstown, PA, in 2002. Thankfully it was a festival and the other bands more than made up for them.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    I once saw a band called "Seven Year B*tch."

That pretty much speaks for itself.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I went to Ozzfest 2005 and the headliners were Iron Maiden and Black Sabbath. On that night I was treated to both the best and worst live performances I'd ever seen. Best = Iron Maiden, BY FAR. Now here's the bad part...

Ozzy had apparently fallen very very ill with some sort of flu but decided to go ahead with the show just the same. I kind of admire that he did, but as sick as he was, trying to go up there and sing and put on a show only disappointed/pissed off the entire crowd. Practically everyone out on the lawn left halfway through the Sabbath set. News was Ozzy was unable to perform for about 2 weeks after that and they made it up to people who went by having Maiden double up on their time slot.
  • gmoneycole
    gmoneycole Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Sorry they've all been great so far...even the Jimmy Buffet concert where it was pouring rain and lighting knocked out the generator...Jimmy got another one from a local farmer and got the show going again! That told me a lot about him!
  • DesDawn24
    DesDawn24 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Queens of the Stone Age last year. I will clarify that I'm not a big fan anyway, but I really didn't enjoy the show. They looked totally wooden on stage, they didn't engage at all with the crowd, and they didn't even play half of their hits (in other words, any of the songs I actually might have enjoyed hearing).
  • gmoneycole
    gmoneycole Posts: 813 Member
    Options

but yeah I didn't care for the album she was touring for. And as much as she sings from other albums this time she did not.

>(

Awwww sorry I love Tori too, what a bummer!!
  • Christineclendaniel
    Christineclendaniel Posts: 367 Member
    Options

>(

That is sad, I saw her a few times in the early 90's and she was awesome, and sexy (and I am straight). I got to meet her as well after a show she was so nice.
  • gardnerkennedy
    gardnerkennedy Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    The Cure, Red Rocks Ampitheatre, summer 1987. What a great venue, and one of my favorite bands back then. Show was the. worst. ever. They played like there were 1000 places they would rather have been at the time.

Second worst: Alabama, Fiddler's Green Ampitheatre, Denver. 1988? 1989? My dad and family friends had free tickets and got me to come. What I knew of Alabama were their big country crossover hits--what most people probably came to the show to hear-- and they collapsed all of them into one 10-minute medley. Bizarre.
  • eomuno215in541
    eomuno215in541 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Bob Dylan during a heroine phase. 20 mins to tune his guitar between EVERY song, then more offkey than usual. WTF was I thinking?!
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I haven't been to a concert that was ALL bad...I saw Guns N Roses when I was a freshman in high school and they were GREAT but Brian May (formerly of Queen) opened for them and he was SO, SO BAD!!!

On another note, I see lots of you hatin' on Nickelback and I have to say I disagree...the poppy-type Nickelback songs that end up on the radio DO SUCK, but if you listen to the other stuff on their albums, it's HEAVY and FANTASTIC!!

I've seen them twice live and will keep on going to see them as many times as they make it up to New England!

Don't be hatin' on me now!! :bigsmile:
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Zack Brown Band, it was torture!!! I was only there because BB King was playing after....
  • Aero1dynamic
    Aero1dynamic Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    There was that band at that bar a few weeks ago with that guy who was sooooo god awful. Yea. That one. You remember.
  • jacques57
    jacques57 Posts: 2,129 Member
    Options
    Obscure keyboard player and drummer named Jan Hammer.

He is a giant in Jazz Rock Fusion, and came to campus in 1977. He had a new band and they played all this new fizzy pop rock material designed for radio airplay. I walked halfway through.
  • shmerek
    shmerek Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Robert Plant manic nirvana tour. I was a huge fan before the concert and after I thought he sucked.
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Dave Matthews Band - less to do with the show and more to do with baby-sitting an annoying drunk girl.
  • dcc56
    dcc56 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Worst for me was....Willie Nelson.
    Don't get me wrong, I like some country music, just not Willie.
    It is just not my speed. I walked out.

I've been to plenty of other country shows and I have many country music favorites as well.
    I grew up on Classic Rock and mid 70s sounds. My Dad worked for Shure so I always had the latest
    releases before they were in the stores. The big stars always visited Shure when in Chicago to pick up their gold microphones...including MIck Jagger. My Dad didn't know who he was!