What is the worst concert you've ever been to?

Options

Replies

• BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    It wasn't really a bad concert but Van Halen. David Lee Roth was just drunk off his *kitten*. Even Eddie sounded better singing lol
  • untilibreak
    untilibreak Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Jonathan Davis - OzzyFest 2008, absolutely awful
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Midish 80s - The Cars. I liked their music (for "fun" pop stuff), but the concert was HORRIBLE. I'm pretty sure it might have been robotic manikins with a sound track playing behind them. Seriously, I don't think anyone on the stage said a single word ... just sang one tune after another, barely moving the whole time, and walked off the stage at the end. I would have asked for my money back, but I didn't pay fortunately.
  • feralkitten1010
    feralkitten1010 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hands down, Bob Dylan...I walked out both times

I waited an hour for him at Bonnaroo 10 years ago before I just started boo'ing. When he finally came on stage, it was well below expectation. I walked off.
  • Da_Big_Kahuna
    Da_Big_Kahuna Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Barry Freaking Manilow at The Greek Theater TWICE!

When I was in college (In the mid 80s) I worked for Chrysler's marketing company. They promoted the Chrysler Concert Series at The Greek. My job was to go to a nearby dealer, Pick up a couple of cars. Drive to The Greek and get there a couple of hours before the show. Park the cars on the grass near the entrance. If tickets were available, they'd give us whatever was available. If it was sold out, we'd get passes to get in but no seats. After the concert ended, we'd wait about an hour or so until the parking lot was pretty empty then return the cars to the dealership. A pretty sweet gig for a college kid.

Saw a of really great bands but I also saw a few that sucked. Barry Manilow just was just agonizing. Hate his music. Believe me, i wouldn't have stayed if I wasn't being paid. And of course, he played back to back night so I had to go twice.
  • Gdinola
    Gdinola Posts: 1
    Options
    Whitney Houston was my worst concert experience. I could not wait to leave!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Let me preface this by saying it will hurt me to type this.......Jack Johnson......I am a HUGE jack johnson fan......Have everything he has put out.......Got 5th row tickets to see him and was let down. It was fine....but not amazing. There was really no energy and I think the venue was way too big for him. If it had been something like a coffee shop/small venue it probably would have been very different but as it was it was just a let down. Would have rather watched one of the concert DVDs from my couch.....
  • p8liwag
    p8liwag Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Been to a Jessica Simpson concerts it was free.. lip sync haha
  • ximenia
    ximenia Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    My old company decided we were going to rent a booth at a 98 Degrees concert for promotional reasons. I had to work the booth for about 6 hours and it was mid August and outdoors, and it was dreadful.
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    My old company decided we were going to rent a booth at a 98 Degrees concert for promotional reasons. I had to work the booth for about 6 hours and it was mid August and outdoors, and it was dreadful.

Sounds like the thread winner here. That had to be unbearable.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    Two come to mind...

1) Senses Fail. They insulted not only my city but the venue as well (which was like a second home to many of us in the audience). Then they show up at our party with a bunch of underage girls, tell us our party sucks and they are taking their chicks back to the hotel. Ummm, ok?

2) Reel Big Fish the second time I saw them. They were all completely smashed. One of them could barely stand. They only played cover songs, not very well, and didn't really finish most of the songs.
  • SweetJoanne
    SweetJoanne Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    tragically hip and sam roberts, both good bands but could not see the concerts because everyone was standing it was very bad
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Rock the Bells - toronto 2008

What should have been amazing (getting to see some of my fav acts for the first time - Nas, Tribe Called Quest, Pharcyde, Rakim, De La Soul) was ruined by a HORRIBLE venue. An old airport hangar. One giant concrete floor, hot as balls, terrible sound and uncomfortable.

To top it off my brother was kicked out about 5 minutes in after he accepted a joint passed to him. Now we all know that is illegal - but I dunno how many concerts y'all have been too - but I dunno if I have ever seen them actively throwing people out for that before. He snuck back in using ninja skills (changed his shirt).

To top it off Jay electronica (who my friends had never heard of but I hyped up) did this thing where he would rap his verse over the music and then be like "Wait, did yall actually hear what I am saying?" and then stop the music and recite his lyrics (just speaking them) as if what he was saying was so mind blowing we just had to hear it delivered like that. Every. Single. Verse.

Last "big" concert I will probably ever go to. I'll stick to smaller club shows from now on.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Bob Dylan during a heroine phase. 20 mins to tune his guitar between EVERY song, then more offkey than usual. WTF was I thinking?!

That and after nearly every song ... "Thank you! Good Night!" and walking off only to be turned around by a roadie and pointed to the microphone for another song ...
  • 17ChargerGirl17
    Options
    Tesla / Poison

ive seen Tesla a few times. Maybe some of the best concerts ive ever been too.

Poison sucks.

I have to agree. Tesla is awesome in concert!! Seen them a few times and they rock every time. Now Poisen, yes they suck!!! Ive seen them a few times as well and they sucked worse every time!!! lol
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Let me preface this by saying it will hurt me to type this.......Jack Johnson......I am a HUGE jack johnson fan......Have everything he has put out.......Got 5th row tickets to see him and was let down. It was fine....but not amazing. There was really no energy and I think the venue was way too big for him. If it had been something like a coffee shop/small venue it probably would have been very different but as it was it was just a let down. Would have rather watched one of the concert DVDs from my couch.....

This is very similar to how I felt about The Cure. They are one of my favorite bands, have been since I was 12-13 and finally seeing them live in 2000 following my college graduation was like a dream come true for me. But it was a HUGE arena with less than stellar sound system and I could barely see the band, as much as I wanted to love the show - and I did get chills from a few longtime favorite songs - it was less enjoyable than I ever imagined.
  • 17ChargerGirl17
    Options
    ZZ Top, 38 Special and Little Feat..

First of all who the hell is Little feat? LOL They were so bad, that had it not been for the fact I love love love 38 Special, I would have left. ZZ Top was ok too.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Dave Matthews Band - less to do with the show and more to do with baby-sitting an annoying drunk girl.

Mmm, Dave Matthews Band, but because of the show. I was so bored, I fell asleep!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Midish 80s - The Cars. I liked their music (for "fun" pop stuff), but the concert was HORRIBLE. I'm pretty sure it might have been robotic manikins with a sound track playing behind them. Seriously, I don't think anyone on the stage said a single word ... just sang one tune after another, barely moving the whole time, and walked off the stage at the end. I would have asked for my money back, but I didn't pay fortunately.
    The Cars were one of my favorite bands in the late 70s and 80s. Because I had heard this about them I never saw them in concert even when I had the chance. They didn't enjoy touring and it was really evident, apparently.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    lauren hill, 2011 brooklyn. i was one of the many people who walked out. she was super late, the tix were kind of expensive it was a small venue so the audience was pretty much comprised of really big fans. she basically got entitled and told us we had no right to expect things from her (like being on time, not acting like a jerk, etc) and to be happy she even showed up because SHE was lauren hill :huh:

there were many of us quoting her "You might win some but you just lost one" line